+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that...if we are, maybe Steve, Geezer, or Weezer can help.
    I got 2 million dollars. but I picked the Loser Lodge Superfecta. Dave got $27 and some coupons for McDonalds.

"Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATCSteve
    I got 2 million dollars. but I picked the Loser Lodge Superfecta. Dave got $27 and some coupons for McDonalds.
    Tell Dave he really lost. Wendy's is better.

It's Lunchtime, so more food questions

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    During the leg, food is the racers' problem (to be bought with the money for the leg). At the pit stops there was usually some type of hot food catered. What the teams ate on the legs and how often was a team's choice.
    * Just curious, does TAR have a 'food staff' that travels to all of the PitStops to do the cookin' or is it locally catered?

* Do you get any choices or is it local cuisine? For example, if a vegetarian (or diabetic or ...) were a Racer would they get to specify meals they would like. Or on a more personal note, I can imagine after a few days of Racing I would be craving a pepperoni pizza or maybe a burger and fries. Am I outta luck?

At previous PitStop arrivals I know we've seen them give Racers wine in African wine country and I think Ken & Gerard TAR3 got mugs of beer in Germany. But you never really can tell what the food is when they show the PitStop meal scenes for 1.2 seconds.

Seems like Ken & Gerard TAR3 made some comments about Derek & Drew always eating PowerBars. And, I think Cyndi & Russell TAR2 commented about how they brought too many PowerBars and were trying to give them away after a few PitStops. I'd think you'd want to have at least some food stashed in your bags for those hungry moments.

* Can the Racers leave the designated PitStop area? I thought I read somewhere that they cannot leave. So, I guess that would rule out being able to find a laundromat or choosing somewhere other than the PitStop to eat?

* Is water provided by the crew or do you have to find and buy it yourselves also? While you rarely, if ever, see Racers eating during a leg, you QUITE frequently see them with bottled water.

Too late to edit my last post, but I forgot this...

John (from FORT) I think mentioned somewhere something about a 3rd bag. We always see the Team's two Racers with their bag, but is there a 3rd bag? Is it always there with their crew? Or does it just show up at each PitStop for them?

I assume that the bags they are always shown carrying around are only size-limited by what they want to lug around. What about this possible 3rd bag, I assume the crew/production staff doesn't want 12 enormous extra bags to tote around the world.

Can they only hold extra clothes?

I wonder wat happens if they run out of race money... do they walk to the pit stop? like u noe money can get stolen/lost

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    hmm interesting insight into the show..

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Didn't one of the teams in TAR2 beg for money in the airport while they were waiting for their plane?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

That's TAR3 I think. The Havard girls.
    In TAR2, Blake and Paige asked for money at a train station after Blake lost the wallet.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    * Just curious, does TAR have a 'food staff' that travels to all of the PitStops to do the cookin' or is it locally catered?

* Do you get any choices or is it local cuisine? For example, if a vegetarian (or diabetic or ...) were a Racer would they get to specify meals they would like. Or on a more personal note, I can imagine after a few days of Racing I would be craving a pepperoni pizza or maybe a burger and fries. Am I outta luck?
    I think it was all locally catered. Josh is a vegetarian, and he never had any problems finding something at a pit stop to eat. And I'm with you on the pepperoni pizza and/or burger. At the Venice pit stop they actually had a tuna fish and onion pizza. I think it was still available when we left the next morning.

At previous PitStop arrivals I know we've seen them give Racers wine in African wine country and I think Ken & Gerard TAR3 got mugs of beer in Germany. But you never really can tell what the food is when they show the PitStop meal scenes for 1.2 seconds.

Seems like Ken & Gerard TAR3 made some comments about Derek & Drew always eating PowerBars. And, I think Cyndi & Russell TAR2 commented about how they brought too many PowerBars and were trying to give them away after a few PitStops. I'd think you'd want to have at least some food stashed in your bags for those hungry moments.
    You were allowed to bring along food, but Steve and I made the mistake of packing several T-bones and filets. Little did we know how poorly those things keep in a backpack. We did seem to have a big following amongst the local dog populations though.

* Can the Racers leave the designated PitStop area? I thought I read somewhere that they cannot leave. So, I guess that would rule out being able to find a laundromat or choosing somewhere other than the PitStop to eat?
    I don't remember a rule against leaving the pit stop area. However, the 12 hours started the minute you hit the mat, so after talking with Phil for a few minutes, then doing the post-leg interviews, and then getting something to eat we were ready to hit the rack and sleep for the rest of the limited time we had.

* Is water provided by the crew or do you have to find and buy it yourselves also? While you rarely, if ever, see Racers eating during a leg, you QUITE frequently see them with bottled water.
    They usually had water available as we left a pit stop, but they didn't provide it during a leg, no (although I can't speak for the legs in warmer climates). If you wanted water during the leg you had to purchase it with your leg money as well.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread