+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Do they have laundry service at the pit stops? How do they get their clothes cleaned for the next leg? Do they have to do it themselves or does someone do it for them? (Or do they run around in filthy clothes).
    No laundry service provided as a rule of thumb. Sometimes, the hotels have it but not often. We cleaned our cloths in our tub/shower, as did most other teams (I think).

What do they do for food for the race? Are there professional chefs at the pit stops, and what do they eat (and how) while they're on the run? How many meals do they get? Does the show provide the food they eat on the run?
    During the leg, food is the racers' problem (to be bought with the money for the leg). At the pit stops there was usually some type of hot food catered. What the teams ate on the legs and how often was a team's choice.

Is there more than one camera guy for each team? Do they switch off? I.e. during the time in India where everyone is sleeping at the train station, the camera guy can't sleep, right? Because he has to take possible unexpected footage, so is there someone else that takes another shift?
    One crew per team, the crews switch off. During the leg the crew is with you always.

Why haven't they been to Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, or Russia?
    Because they didn't check with me before laying out any of the races so far.

How long does an average leg last? Some of them seem to go on for days, due to openings/closings of different locations and long plane trips etc.
    I think you answered your own question. Some last days, others a single day.

What do people have to go through during the audition process in order to get on the show? I.e. I saw Elizabeth from the 2nd Survivor (Australia) talk about having to be sequestered in a hotel room for an extended period of time to see if she could handle the isolation. What do they do to the TAR teams?
    Oh, the horror...the horror...

What happens to you when you're eliminated?
    (OK, anyone who doesn't see THIS coming kindly step out of the room.) Phil says to you, "X and Y, you're the last team to arrive, I'm sorry to tell you you've just been eliminated from the race". You should really pay closer attention to the last bit of each show.

Do you hang out with the other teams and then fly right back to your home? Or do you have to stick around the production crew until the race is over, just so that no one knows whether you win or not? If they do stick around, do they stay with the production crew (ala Survivor-esque fashion)?
    We all went to loser lodge.

How much money do you get if you don't win the contest? The winners get one million dollars, but does everyone else get squat if they don't win? (During the first Survivor, it was let out that 3rd place got something like 75k, 4th got 50k, and so on and so forth). What do you get if you don't win? Nothing?
    I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that...if we are, maybe Steve, Geezer, or Weezer can help.

To Bertram Van Muenster: Sell something besides t-shirts. How about a behind the scenes video? A making of the show video? A bloopers tape? Audition tapes? And what has happened to past winners? I.e. will you ever give us an update show? I.e. a "where are they now" show? I.e. what is Flo doing now? What happened to Tara? Etc. etc.
    Personally, I think Bert is doing a wonderful job. I don't know how much control he has over marketing though - that might be CBS.

Dave

Thanks for the info, Dave! Very educational.

TAR4 ATC Dave, holy cow! Thanks for answering! Mucho appreciated!!

(And nice hilarious answers, too. )
    Last edited by Shazzer; 07-16-2003 at 12:57 AM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

R&C
    Thank u for Dave's answer!

FORT Newbie
    Loser lodge beats "Sequesterville"...

Thanks for answering Dave! That was really enlightening...

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Thanks for the answers, Dave. Glad to see you're here on the FORT! Welcome!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

hey Dave! stop by here anytime and we can have a chat!! appreciate your answers too!

Dave, you crack me up!

Great answers

So..when Phil says "X and Y you are the last team to arrive, sorry to tell you, you've both been eliminated from the race" Does he sound as sexy in person??

Should I be asking someone else that question?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Thanks for the answers Dave! Hilarious!

+ Reply to Thread