+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

FORT Newbie
    quick question, who rides in the car when a team member is driving, and in the taxi? because unless the audio guy sits on the lap of the cameraman or on the roof, there is no place for him is there? or what happends then?

FORT Regular
    Dave (and Steve and Geezer),
    First of all i just wanted to say you guys are really great to answer all these questions for us fans! And I wanted to thank you for the great laughs you guys gave us on the show.
    Now my real questions... what teams did you really get along with? Do you still keep in touch with the other teams?
    Also I wanted to know what your favourite Detour or Road Block did you enjoy the most and which one (if any) did you suprise yourself with? And were there any countries that you are planning to go back to see more of?

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by ekho
    quick question, who rides in the car when a team member is driving, and in the taxi? because unless the audio guy sits on the lap of the cameraman or on the roof, there is no place for him is there? or what happends then?
    I'm not sure I understand the question 100%, but...

When a team has to drive, one of them drives and the other sits immediately behind them. The crew then sits on the opposite side of the car. In a taxi, the team sits immediately behind the driver and in the middle seat. One of the crew sits in front with the driver, the other sits behind him. (And if you were to bet that Steve, myself, and a sound man couldn't fit in the back seat of a Fiat taxi, you would lose...uncomfortable as hell though!)

Quote Originally Posted by angel207
    Dave (and Steve and Geezer),
    First of all i just wanted to say you guys are really great to answer all these questions for us fans! And I wanted to thank you for the great laughs you guys gave us on the show.
    No, thank you for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by angel207
    Now my real questions... what teams did you really get along with? Do you still keep in touch with the other teams?
    Also I wanted to know what your favourite Detour or Road Block did you enjoy the most and which one (if any) did you suprise yourself with? And were there any countries that you are planning to go back to see more of?
    We got along best with Steve and Josh. We also really liked Chris and Amanda, Chuck and Millie, and Jon and Al. Since the race, we've gotten to know Steve and Debra pretty well, and they are great folks also. Cindy (of Cindy & Russell) is a real sweetheart.

We've stayed in touch with all of the teams, yes. A lot of the teams acted/reacted in ways they normally wouldn't during the race (due to the pressure of the race and the million dollar prize), but after the race was over we got to know them all, and they are really very nice people.

All of the detours/roadblocks were pretty cool, but I really enjoyed the Bach/Mozart detour in Vienna (because of the scenery involved); and the rappelling near Marseilles (because it was just plain fun). Steve actually surprised me (a little) with the bungee because he did it with no fear or hesitation. Strange that a guy who gets queasy in the upper deck at Sox Park could jump that easily.

And I'd really like to go back to Vienna. It is a beautiful city. The people we met in Amsterdam (Holland) were very friendly, and I think I might like to visit there again as well.

Dave

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the answer, that's what I meant

Thanks for the answers Dave!

I have another one though For the teams previously eliminated, I know you all stay in what you guys have fondly called "sequesterville", I've always wondered how you guys know which of the remaining teams was eliminated? Does CBS have people give you updates on the race or do you only find out once the eliminated team arrives at sequesterville? And as long as we're on the subject - how was life in sequesterville? I'm thinking room service and spa treatments all day ... after all, you guys deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    When a team has to drive, one of them drives and the other sits immediately behind them. The crew then sits on the opposite side of the car. In a taxi, the team sits immediately behind the driver and in the middle seat. One of the crew sits in front with the driver, the other sits behind him. (And if you were to bet that Steve, myself, and a sound man couldn't fit in the back seat of a Fiat taxi, you would lose...uncomfortable as hell though!)
    LOL... thanks for the expalnation, I alwys wondered about the sitting arrangements in cars and taxies...

FORT Newbie
    Sequesterville? Think big, big party. After all, in Spenchlian seuqesterville means the "city of love".
    Looks like Texas.

Thanks for Steve! I wonder what's Thank You in Spenchlian?

FORT Newbie
    If I may ask a question to Dave or anybody know the answer, would be greatly appreciated ...

I am wondering about the amount of cash, are you allowed to bring your own money or credit card during the race ? I know that cash are given prior to departure. However, the amount are limited and also there's an emergency money from what I understand. Stranded in a foreign country with little money and have to beg ( in case R&C ) do sound stressful and unappealing. Would you feel rather safe if you have at least your own $ 500 with you ?

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda777
    I am wondering about the amount of cash, are you allowed to bring your own money or credit card during the race ? I know that cash are given prior to departure. However, the amount are limited and also there's an emergency money from what I understand. Stranded in a foreign country with little money and have to beg ( in case R&C ) do sound stressful and unappealing. Would you feel rather safe if you have at least your own $ 500 with you ?
    You can bring...zero, zip, nada, zilch. Also no credit cards, phone cards, or even Player's Club cards!

It would have been nice to have our own cash, but they have to level the playing field.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread