+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by natural_wonder
    I think they might be heading to Hong Kong or Bangkok although the SARS outbreak. The other possibility would be Malaysia, the Phillippines or Indonesia coz the preview of the next episode shows that there are "sampans" or what we called as small fishing boat and traditional fishing pond in that area, something that are familliar to see in South East Asia. I dunno whether my prediction is right, but for sure, they will still be in the Asian region.

There are no Sampans in the Philippines. In the Opening sequence it shows a Stupa (a buddhist structure) which is very common in Thailand and Sri Lanka. they are called chorten in Tibet. but thats unlikely since its a landlocked cold country.

there also a statue of a hindu/buddha-like deity that resembles something youd see in Borobodur indonesia. but it also seems like the one in HK.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

its definetely not the one in HK

FORT Fogey
    I am not sure where they're going to, but my guess is not to Hong Kong. And I think Miss F mentioned that the SARS outbreak hadn't happened yet. I don't believe it had. No...this was in winter when it was filmed. So they could go there.

I think that they'll be heading to Thailand, but Malaysia is quite a good guess also. But i'll go with Thailand. Maybe they'll go to Phuket.
    All good things come to an end.

Regarding Phuket...I doubt it. They were there VERY late in TAR1. That doesn't rule it out, but makes it a bit less likely.

I would like to see them return to Australia. Then maybe they could hit somewhere in South or Central America before the dash to the finish line somewhere in US.

This could be the first TAR that actually goes slightly more than 1 time around the world.

TAR1--started and finished in NY (so, 1 time around world)

TAR2--started outside Las Vegas, finished in San Francisco (so, slightly less than 1 time around world)

TAR3--started outside Miami, finished in Seattle (so, about 3000 miles less than 1 time around world)

TAR4--started in LA. If they finish in a West Coast city that would be 1 time around the world. But if they go any further they will actually be beyond their starting point.

If they go to South or Central America then somewhere like Houston or Dallas might be the end.

If, instead they end up in Canada, then who knows. Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBoyScout
    for a filipino, you sure spelled your country wrong.

anyway, they wont go to the philippines ever even if its a good racing ground (imagine them going for a pedicab/kalesa detour and then look for pampa-regla in quiapo).

hahahaha!!!! hope they can do that here!!! or maybe pito-pito

I've worked as an expat in almost all of the Asian nations and I have to say that the Philippines is one country TAR should use as a leg. To all the Pinoys (Filipinos) on this board - I am one American who has fallen in love with your extraordinary land . It really is a beautiful country with the friendliest people - despite the negative international press it always seems to get. What really is pleasantly surprising is that TAR is a huge runaway hit not only in the Philippines but all throughout Asia - much more so than Survivor.
    Last edited by bigbadmatt; 07-17-2003 at 02:55 PM.

THanks, bigbadmatt, it's sad i never thought about like that for my country....and an expat have to remind me for that...i'm glad u liked our islands even with the bad press...i hope that TAR will visit us next season...hey, with 7,101 islands, it would be a nice playground for some adventure

Well, at least TAR has been showing what beautiful places Southeast Asia has to offer. I just have to say that I found the parts they showed of Kota Kinabalu so picturesque and beautiful. Does anyone know where the teams are going next?

I think they are still in Malaysia...then probably south america...maybe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast