+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J&J TAR4 Journal: A Mole By Any Other Name

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

J&J TAR4 Journal: A Mole By Any Other Name

Hi folks, we’re back! I think you’re going to be a little surprised at the turn of events in this leg, so sit back and I’ll jump right in to share our adventures with you.

You’ll recall we arrived at the last pit stop in fourth place after a pretty grueling and smelly leg last week. After freshening up, Jack and I decide to go out on our own for dinner to get a little distance from the other teams. As much as we liked them all (well ALMOST all), we needed a little space, and wanted to talk some strategy. Plus, after Jack called me Flo on the last leg, I think he felt like he was going to have some major kissing up to do.

India is famous for tasteful and pleasing food with very aromatic and flavorful seasonings. The main meal is generally a combination of some sort of fish and rice, however. So for me, I chose Avial, a nice blend of vegetables, coconut paste and green chillies. Jack went for the Tapioca and fish curry. The fish curry was made with garlic paste, onions and red chillies, and seasoned with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Between that and the Palai fish from the last Roadblock, I was sort of hoping our hotel had the double bed + single bed on the side option ala Paradise Hotel. (Btw, the only reason I know that is because I was forced by our fearless leader, John to recap episode 1 )

We arrived back at the hotel, and discovered all the other teams had retired for the evening, so we did the same. We were a little wired though, and were giggling like schoolgirls over our boy talk as we tried to fall asleep.

“Come on Jenn, you HAVE to let me flirt with Reichen on this next leg. It could be very helpful in our overall strategy.”

“And just what do you expect me to do to distract Chip while you’re off gallivanting around with Reichen? He’d have about as much interest in me as there was by the public for new Coke.” You see, I finally admitted that Jack’s “tingly sense” was right on and that sadly (for me, anyway), they "played for" a different "team" than I did.

“Please, I’m begging here, Jen. If you let me, I’ll let you spend the next one flirting with Jeff and I’ll distract Dave for ya.”

“Sorry Jack, there’s only one reality Jeff for me, and he’s not it.” (And just in case you all doubted that or forgot, I brought back the av for clarification )

“Okay then, well what if I went out and found a copy of Combat Missions for you? You and Chip could watch that together…I bet he’d be interested in watching 24 hot guys with you. I’ll even chip in for popcorn. Get it? Chip in for popcorn? God, I kill myself sometimes.”

“We’ll see. How about we discuss it more in the morning, it’s getting late.”

And with that we nodded off for the night. Unfortunately, our chatty distraction caused us to forget to set our alarm, and we overslept missing our departure time! By the time we awoke, all the other teams had departed for Ernakulam and we were now in last place!

We realized immediately that now was the time we would need to use the Fast Forward. Thank goodness we still had that under our belts. We got our instructions for the Fast Forward and quickly read through them, not knowing just exactly how far behind we were.

“In the interiors of Kerala, you’ll find hundreds of small water bodies with extremely narrow bridges called a coconut trunk bridge. Find your way to the marked bridge and cross it to bathe in the healing waters of the mineral sprints at Varkala for at least 15 minutes. These waters are known for their medicinal properties and will be the remedy you need to the Fast Forward.”

“NOW we’re talking!” Jack exclaimed with glee.

This really was by far the best fast forward of any leg in this race. We took a taxi to the FF route marker, and quickly found our treat. The coconut trunk bridge was a little trickier than you’d think, but we managed to get across fairly quickly and I was quite surprised at Jack’s sense of balance. Not anything like the Daniel and Ryan fiasco on the beam in the last Survivor.

The FF certainly paid off, and we arrived at the Pitstop in first place!

We stayed around in the Pitstop area to watch as the teams arrived. We applauded Dave & Jeff for their efforts to stay in the lead behind us. We even told Phil to give them our cruise vacation as we are not big fans of cruises after all those nasty virus stories we hear. We were so relieved to see Jon & Al come in second (of the remaining teams…not including us of course). We were equally disappointed to see Kelly & Jon make it in third. Once Millie & Chuck came running in our hearts started to pound as we waited anxiously to see whether Tian & Jaree or ReiChip would be eliminated. Thankfully ReiChip came around the corner first, and we greeted them with a big hug. Well, some of us gave them a bigger hug than others. Jack was pacing like an expectant father when he realized that dear ReiChip could be eliminated this week. You should have seen him when he saw them rounding the corner and he realized that they weren't going to get Philiminated. He was so excited…I thought he was going to knock them over when he ran up to them to congratulate them! Next week: I teach Jack some things about subtlety…).

We headed off for some cocktails with the ReiChip and Clown boys to listen to all the tales of the events in this leg. It sounds like we missed another messy leg, and I think Jack was thrilled that we had this nice, relaxing leg which not only launched us to the top of the pack, but revitalized us as well. Chip also filled us in about Kelly & Jon and their childish name-calling on the train ride.

“It’s hard to believe she’s 30 years old.” Jack commented. We all nodded in agreement.

“She mentions 'the mole' so much, I almost expect to see Anderson Cooper at one of these eliminations instead of Phil.” I said. "Anderson Cooper and Phil Keoghan…sigh…now THERE'S a duo I could sink my teeth into."

"You and me both, sister girl," Jack replied. "You and me both."

- Will Jack get his chance to flirt with Reichen?
    - Will the clown “alliance” remain a secret?
    - Will Kelly & Jon continue with their fear of overweight people and melanomas?

Stay tuned next week to find out!
    Jenn

To contact the author of this article (BravoFan, aka Jenn), please send an e-mail to BravoFan@fansofrealitytv.com

The Amazing Race Virtual Journal is for entertainment purposes only and is not an account of actual events.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

“She mentions 'the mole' so much, I almost expect to see Anderson Cooper at one of these eliminations instead of Phil.” I said. "Anderson Cooper and Phil Keoghan…sigh…now THERE'S a duo I could sink my teeth into."

"You and me both, sister girl," Jack replied. "You and me both."

See, Paulie, there WAS a fast forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo
    And just what do you expect me to do to distract Chip while you’re off gallivanting around with Reichen? He’d have about as much interest in me as there was by the public for new Coke.”
    Very good comparison there

Quote Originally Posted by bravo
    Ahhh the two of them

Great Journal entry! I love reading these.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Jenn, great recap!

.....“We’ll see. How about we discuss it more in the morning, it’s getting late.”
    And with that we nodded off for the night. Unfortunately, our chatty distraction caused us to forget to set our alarm, and we overslept missing our departure time! By the time we awoke, all the other teams had departed for Ernakulam and we were now in last place!.....

Whew! I'm glad you are still in the race. Jenn, I always knew you would make a strong team member. Now that the other girl team is out, I know you will remain focused and as they say,"represent"! We want John to interview you last.

I enjoy all the details of your race. It makes for a good visual and smell. Thank goodness for good food instead of the "crappy" laundry from last time. :mad:

As always, I look forward to your next recap!

- Will Jack get his chance to flirt with Reichen?
    - Will the clown “alliance” remain a secret?
    - Will Kelly & Jon continue with their fear of overweight people and melanomas?
    LOL!

Love this journal!

FORT Regular
    He was so excited…I thought he was going to knock them over when he ran up to them to congratulate them! Next week: I teach Jack some things about subtlety…).
    LMAO ... Great journal entry ... I'm definitely enjoying the Virtual Team's adventures in the race. And John's reactions to Reichen/Chip are absolutely hilarious. I don't think flirting with Reichen is going to get you guys in Chip's good books though ...

Hahaha...this duo's journals really made me laugh...keep it on

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great journal entry - loved it!

“It’s hard to believe she’s 30 years old.” Jack commented. We all nodded in agreement.

FORT Fogey
    That was by far the best fast forward ever! Who wouldn't do it?

Yes, Kelly is soooo immature. She makes some annoying 14 year olds I know seem mature.

Yes, Jenn, I think you're going to have to teach Jack some subtlety. But Reichen sure is hot. Hehe.

FORT Regular
    I love these journals. heh.
    Anyway another very good one, maybe, just maybe, jack might get to flirt with reichen next time, just don't get eliminated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast