+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 5?

FORT Newbie

Amazing Race 5?

I just found this on TV Guide Online, and I don't know if it's already been discussed. It's from awhile ago ...

Question: I don't understand why Americans will flock to Fear Factor just for the shock value while they will all but ignore the greatest reality game show ever: The Amazing Race. This show gets better and better every season, and the June 5 episode was fantastic! These teams are something else! The tension is really thick between the gay married couple and just about everyone else. Combine that with the couple where the man controls everything and then goofs everything up, and you have really great TV! So I just cannot understand why nobody is watching this show. I fear CBS will cancel it, seeing that it can't get good ratings on the regular schedule or in the summer. Why won't people just watch this show and give it the attention it deserves? Derick

Matt: I wouldn't worry too much about it. CBS seems pleased enough with the numbers, even if they're short of blockbuster. The sad fact is that audiences seem to prefer their reality TV to be sordid, mean-spirited, gross: in short, so-bad-it's-good TV (although I would argue the "good" part). Because Amazing Race lacks those nasty qualities, it's a tougher sell. And because the more discriminating audience wouldn't be caught dead watching run-of-the-mill reality, it's hard to convince them that Amazing Race is grand entertainment. I'm still hopeful the show will find a larger audience, but as long as CBS is pleased with the younger demographics the show attracts and entertains the thought of future seasons, I'll be happy for it to be our little secret. I love the show, and I thought the challenge at the masked ball in Venice was one of the best ever.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I hope the announcement of the 5th season will take place when its CBS' turn at the Television Critic's Association Summer Press Tour. I'm sure the room will be very happy since TAR is a fave of many critics.

There better be a TAR 5- 'kuz i'm applying!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    We can only hope... I'm with you Aota Bass, I'm applying!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I'm in Singapore... But I so wanted to join TAR5... I'm so sad.........!!!! I can only watch and not participate... Was there any mention of TAR5 in the post by elixir0219? Didn't seem to notice it...

lol_its_fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    There better be a TAR 5- 'kuz i'm applying!

Aota Bass, next TAR is gonna be Fear Factor style.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    The thing I'm really annoyed with is the fact that they only let Americans play. I'm Canadian, and I would LOVE to do the Amazing Race!

Maybe an idea they should consider is to let teams of 2 from different countries participate. It would be very interesting to see. I'd watch!

Carrie Underwood AI4! TrumpetBoy2005's Avatar
    I really hope they do bring it back for a 5th season! I just started watching this season, after my friend persuaded me to watch it, saying it was one of the best reality tv shows. She got me hooked. (It goes both ways - I hooked her to American Idol and she loves it too lol)

I want to apply as well with the person that persuaded me to watch the show. We're both 16 and I believe you have to be 18. I hope TAR sticks around long enough so we'll get a shot at applying! I think it would be a blast!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you have to be 21, actually.

I tried to apply with my sister, but she's only 18. Then I tried with my dad, but since he resides in Japan, he's not eligible either.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I started watching this season and have not been disappointed! It has proven to be much more than just a physical race. I hope they will carry it again next season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast