+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 5?

Just Discovered FORT briangrapes's Avatar
    Oh yeah, there best be a fifth season or else I'll be really disappointed. The more time I have to get other people hooked, the better. People just don't believe that it's a good show.
    Brian Grapes

if there were only a TAR: International Edition. One person teamed with another person from another part of the world. hehehe. would be nice to see clashes of cultures and languages.

Carrie Underwood AI4! TrumpetBoy2005's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you have to be 21, actually.

I tried to apply with my sister, but she's only 18. Then I tried with my dad, but since he resides in Japan, he's not eligible either.
    Awww...you did burst my bubble! lol...jk

Thanks for letting me know - my friend told me it was 18. She got my hopes up for nothing. :mad:

gle
    While the rating are not huge, it does score in the top 30 and the demographics is gets are very coveted so there stands a great chance for many more seasons. It's so nice to see others also have been talking up this show...to me it is an insult to call it a reality show. It is more like an adventure-travel show. Reality shows are now too known for raunch, so that label is so unfair to attach to TAR.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, you have to be 21. Probably because at the pit stops they have alcohol or something. Every reality show, it's 21 and up! Sucks! The only that's not is American Idol...well obviously American Juniors but let's not be stupid.

I am hoping for TAR 5, but I am not gonna get my hopes up. I don't believe CBS promotes the show enough. They showed ONE commercial for the premiere of the season during the Survivor finale.

CJT

Tar Is The Best!!! Survivor Sucks!!! Big Time!!!

The Amazing Race Is The Best Game Show On The Planet!!!
    You Get To See Different Countries And Learn Different Culture
    At The Same Time. It Is Also Fair In Selecting It's Contestants.
    It Just Shows How Diverse And Different People Are Yet
    We Can Be United To Achieve Common Goals!!!

They Should Ax Survivor As It Is Getting Too Boring!!!
    Also, Fear Factor's Prize Is Only $50k. This Is 1 Mil!!!

Hope Cbs Won't Cancel It... If They Do, I Will Petition!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBoyScout
    if there were only a TAR: International Edition. One person teamed with another person from another part of the world. hehehe. would be nice to see clashes of cultures and languages.
    Ooo. That's an idea worth selling!

If it could be done (the international thing) I am sure that they would happily do it. I would bet that this has to do with traveling restrictions. If you have ever traveled than you know it takes a Visa to pretty much go anywhere in the world. It has to be hard enough applying for all those Visas just to get the Americans there. And then you have the world that we now live in. Imagine the huge amount of liability a show lie this carries. If the effort hasn't been made to do it on Survivor than I don't think TAR is ready for it yet. Hell, we don't even get the foreign versions of Big Brother or even Canadian Idol here in the states.

There is another reason other than the Visas and background checks. In the US we can sign contracts basically signing away our right to sue as long as the show is not grossly negligent. Many countries do not allow people to do this as they feel that they know "better" than the average citizen. I am sure all of this could be worked around with extensive legwork and working within the other systems but this show is the most costly Reality show on TV (by almost triple to Survivor) and it doesn't generate any income like American Idol does. I wouldn't want them to over extend themselves and screw it up just to have a foreign team (sorry to my foreign friends).

I just don't know why it hasn't been copied overseas yet. People outside of America definitely have more of a passion for travelling the world than we do. I guess the ratings just haven't shown the lock for it yet and this has scared off the copycats. TAR did win it's time slot last week for the first time this season. Coincidentally, the Early Show episodes just started two weeks ago. CBS Morons; they should have been promoting this show all along.

Does everyone get this show on primetime in other countries or do you have to get it off of Kazaa?
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Does everyone get this show on primetime in other countries or do you have to get it off of Kazaa?
    I'm an American expat in the Philippines and luckily enough, one of the local station here carries a live broadcast feed from the states so I get to watch TAR at about 8AM. There's also a cable channel that broadcasts it all throughout Asia on Friday nights - so it's about 12 hours after the US primetime showing.

FORT Regular
    New Zealand gets the show ^_^ same week as US but only shown on sunday nights (our pimetime slot O_O)
    umm Hong Kong does through TVB pearl and I think AXN-asia as do the SE asia coutries with AXN asia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast