+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destinations

Taxi's are also very expensive umm it starts the meter at $4 USD which im not sure if its expensive in the US but here in HK its really expensive already to start

Leg 12 Destination

The previews don't say much about next week's destination but I believe I have been to one of the places they were visiting recently. The fences you see on TV, where teams were running in what looks like a zoo, awfully resembles a tourist park in the Kuranda area of Northern Queensland, not far from Cairns, Australia. As I said before, Cairns is the gateway of the Great Barrier Reef, about 700 miles north of Brisbane. Then, I saw them feeding crocodiles so I say, o.k., that can't be right, crocodiles farms are supposed to be located in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia which is another 800 miles north-west of Cairns. Until I found this by accident:

http://www.crocodileadventures.com/a...crocodiles.htm

http://www.crocodileadventures.com/intro.htm

"Situated on the magnificent coastal drive between the popular destinations of Palm Cove and Port Douglas. Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures is the best place to see crocodiles and native wildlife in Tropical North Queensland. Set in the foothills of the MacAlister Range, in a World Heritage listed area..."

In other words, there is definitely a crocodile farms in the area of Cairns as well. I have never been to it and in fact, didn't know it existed. I found this by accident because I couldn't remember the name of the Kuranda region where you may reach by traditional old-fashinoned steamed train and/or Skyrail Cable car:

http://www.kuranda.org/pages/inform.html

By looking for the attractions around Cairns to find the name of Kuranda, the Crocodile farm option popped out as one and it strikes me as highly resemble to what we saw on the short clip on the CBS site.

There is a fairly good chance that they will be going to Cairns, in northern Queensland (Australia) next leg. I still haven't reconciled the dune buggy thing but the evidences we have so far strongly indicates that there is fairly good chance this is where they are going next.
    Phil

I'm 100% sure there is a crocodile farm in Cairns Tsutroi I've been to one just last October and there were some kangaroos hopping around they should be going to Cairns

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Crocodiles? Man... I thought the sharks were enough already...

About the changing-itineraries-because-of-war, maybe some of that had to do with Indonesia? I personally would feel fine traveling to Bali or anywhere outside of Aceh and Jakarta, but there are current advisories because of militant groups in the archipelago.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were going to go to Bali or something but wound up spending the time in Malaysian Borneo instead (which was an AWESOME location!).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'd love to see my hometown on TAR! YAY San Diego! But I wouldn't be surprised if they go to Phoenix and then end up at the Grand Canyon or something like that...
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Sorry to post so much, but here's what I don't get:

According to various reliable sources, we believe the teams are still going to travel to:

-Cairns, Perth, or some other place in Australia
    -Hawaii (via Tokyo) and within the island via Aloha Air
    -Western US mainland city

But there's only 2 legs left! So next leg they go from Mooloolaba/Brisbane across Australia to their next stop, then in the final ONE-HOUR episode they're supposed to go from Australia through Tokyo to Hawaii, do stops at reportedly several Hawaiian islands via Aloha Air, AND fly to the final destination and presumably do something there?

It just seems like an AWFUL lot to pack into one leg, and especially alot of time flying (australia to tokyo to hawaii to hawaii to us). I just feel like one flight per leg is plenty- as that is the greatest way to get ahead or behind other teams, and that makes the winner more predictable (unless all teams are on all the same flights). And if so, then the work they do in Hawaii would be useless, because it would all depend on when they arrive at their final destination, at which point if they've already traveled this far they'd basically have to just hop off the plane and drive to the pit stop.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Crocodiles? Man... I thought the sharks were enough already...
    well, I think they're only going to feed the crocodiles, thankfully not swimming with them...

Watching the people feed the crocoldiles were more dangerous than swimming with the sharks... well maybe they will feed like smaller ones... I mean they just gulped the whole chicken down

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Sorry to post so much, but here's what I don't get:

According to various reliable sources, we believe the teams are still going to travel to:

-Cairns, Perth, or some other place in Australia
    -Hawaii (via Tokyo) and within the island via Aloha Air
    -Western US mainland city

But there's only 2 legs left! So next leg they go from Mooloolaba/Brisbane across Australia to their next stop, then in the final ONE-HOUR episode they're supposed to go from Australia through Tokyo to Hawaii, do stops at reportedly several Hawaiian islands via Aloha Air, AND fly to the final destination and presumably do something there?

It just seems like an AWFUL lot to pack into one leg, and especially alot of time flying (australia to tokyo to hawaii to hawaii to us). I just feel like one flight per leg is plenty- as that is the greatest way to get ahead or behind other teams, and that makes the winner more predictable (unless all teams are on all the same flights). And if so, then the work they do in Hawaii would be useless, because it would all depend on when they arrive at their final destination, at which point if they've already traveled this far they'd basically have to just hop off the plane and drive to the pit stop.
    I'll be honest: I don't think all of these pieces of information are true. The one that just doesn't make sense is Tokyo. I just can't imagine a team taking a flight from anywhere in Australia to Hawaii via Tokyo. Maybe our resident airline expert Tsutroi can dig something up, but it just doesn't seem to be an intuitive link.

Still, however, TAR 3's last leg did have a lot of flying as well. The last pitstop was in Vietnam, so they had to fly from Hanoi to Narita (Tokyo's airport), then to Hawaii (where they also made two trips within the islands), and finally to Seattle.

I would not be surprised to see a pitstop in Hawaii, though.

+ Reply to Thread