+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

THE WOMEN ON THE RACE HAVE TO DEAL WITH CULTURE SHOCK ON THE TRAINS OF BOMBAY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 4," THURSDAY, JULY 3 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" Some of the women have to fight off advances from the men in India, on THE AMAZING RACE 4 Thursday, July 3, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the crowded trains of Bombay, the women are less than pleased by the close interest they receive from some of the locals. Meanwhile, having faced recent, deep strains in their relationship, one team forges a surprising new attitude and works together to overcome the past. Meanwhile, one team pursues a risky flight option that all the other teams refuse.

Fade to black
    Hmmm the new attitude would either be Tian/Jaree or Millie/Chuck I think. Even though Kelly/Jon fight a lot, they seem to be able to cope with each other pretty well.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fan

Re: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

Originally posted by John
    Meanwhile, having faced recent, deep strains in their relationship, one team forges a surprising new attitude and works together to overcome the past. Meanwhile, one team pursues a risky flight option that all the other teams refuse.
    The first team is about Tian and Jaree, I think
    and the second team it mentions is Reichen and Chip (I personally hope they won't be eliminated because of this, or........hopefully it is a non-elimination leg), confirmed in the official site

I also think it is Tian&Jaree that cop the new attitude and overcomes the past.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

flights out of amsterdam

I looked up flights out of amsterdam to India on the internet. I picked New Delhi to fly to as it's a large airport, and looked at flights now and also for february (assuming that's around the same time they were in Europe)

There's usually about 7 flights leaving a day, sometimes more and somtimes a few less. There is one direct flight a day with KLM that just takes over 8 hours. However all other flights have a stop over and take from 9 to 22 hours. The majority of these are around 10 to 11 hours.

Stop overs can be in London, Paris, Vienna, Frankfurt, Moscow, a city in United Arab empirate

Bunching may happen, depending on what time teams get to the airport.

Assuming teams arrived between 3 pm and 6 pm, they'll be leaving between 3 am and 6 am, which puts them at the airport in time to make most of the flights which start leaving at about 8 am.

A risky flight choice may be taking one to a city which be experiencing a winter storm .....could close the airport.......and who knows where the team would end up?

FORT Fogey

Re: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

Originally posted by John
    On the crowded trains of Bombay, the women are less than pleased by the close interest they receive from some of the locals. Meanwhile, having faced recent, deep strains in their relationship, one team forges a surprising new attitude and works together to overcome the past. Meanwhile, one team pursues a risky flight option that all the other teams refuse.
    Unfortunately I think Tian and Jaree will be the ones forging a "surprising new attitude." Hopefully they still say bye-bye, though...

I suspect Reichen and Chip are the ones pursuing the risky flight option. Reichen is a pilot and thus has knowledge, plus these two seem quite brave.

I wonder if someone will try to fly in business class.......
    Carey

They can only buy tickets for coach. IF the airline bumps them to business or first class without changing the ticket price, they may fly that way.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I agree with those that have said the new attitude will be Taun and Jaree. I can't see that clue fitting anyone else.

The previews show Jaree telling some guy on a train to stop touching her boob.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The risky flight option is probably flying standby, where you're not guaranteed a seat on the flight until the plane is just about to leave the ground. I'm guessing they take one flight, then fly standby on a connecting flight.

Having studied in India, I have to share my take on the sexual harassment issue. In India, women wear skirts. Not pants/shorts. Only women in Bollywood films wear form-fitting pants or short skirts. Basically the only women who wear this clothing on the street are prostitutes or uninformed tourists, and this perception is enhanced if the women are travelling unaccompanied by a male. While I do not condone treating anyone, man or woman, as a sex object, there needs to be some degree of cultural relativity.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast