+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

FORT Fogey

Great explanation

Originally posted by Aota Bass
    Having studied in India, I have to share my take on the sexual harassment issue. In India, women wear skirts. Not pants/shorts. Only women in Bollywood films wear form-fitting pants or short skirts. Basically the only women who wear this clothing on the street are prostitutes or uninformed tourists, and this perception is enhanced if the women are travelling unaccompanied by a male. While I do not condone treating anyone, man or woman, as a sex object, there needs to be some degree of cultural relativity.
    Thank you, Aota. You just gave me some valuable insight into the "train groping" situation.

Different country, different cultural patterns. I wonder how well the teams were protected overall and how much they got to learn about the different countries ahead of time. Not that Tian and Jaree have displayed much decorum but they're entertaining as hell.

FORT Fogey
    They make it sound so ominous on the web page:

"Reichen & Chip pursue a risky flight option that all the other Teams refuse. Will it give them an advantage, or will they regret it forever?"

After season one I was hopeing TAR would never go to India again. It's such a stressful place. I'll never forget that little hand creeping up the window of the vehicle looking for money. The contestants guilt of not haveing any money to give them. I'm not trying to say we should just ignore their plight but I would like my reality tv watching to be a little lighter than that.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Originally posted by CantGetNuf
    After season one I was hopeing TAR would never go to India again. It's such a stressful place. ... I'm not trying to say we should just ignore their plight but I would like my reality tv watching to be a little lighter than that.

I am of the opposite opinion. I like to see the show visit stressful and/or exotic places. I would find it boring if the race were limited to only westernized places, where all shoping malls look alike and McDonald's are everywhere. It will be educational to see the real India, with traffic, crowds & poverty, instead of just the picture postcard fantasy of only the Taj Mahal.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    They make it sound so ominous on the web page:

"Reichen & Chip pursue a risky flight option that all the other Teams refuse. Will it give them an advantage, or will they regret it forever?"
    Duun Duun Duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn!!!!!

If they're willing to take a risk then I hope it pays off for them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by fluff
    If they're willing to take a risk then I hope it pays off for them.
    I do too. Regretting it forever seems a little exaggerated...

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I do too. Regretting it forever seems a little exaggerated...
    Indeed. I saw on the preview that Chip was performing the RoadBlock with Jeff of (David and Jeff) trailing him. So whatever risky option they took, it certainly isn't that dramatic as the preview makes it sound.
    Phil

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar

Re: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

Originally posted by John
    THE WOMEN ON THE RACE HAVE TO DEAL WITH CULTURE SHOCK ON THE TRAINS OF BOMBAY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 4," THURSDAY, JULY 3 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" Some of the women have to fight off advances from the men in India, on THE AMAZING RACE 4 Thursday, July 3, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the crowded trains of Bombay, the women are less than pleased by the close interest they receive from some of the locals. Meanwhile, having faced recent, deep strains in their relationship, one team forges a surprising new attitude and works together to overcome the past. Meanwhile, one team pursues a risky flight option that all the other teams refuse.
    I reckon that team is Tian and Jaree.. I saw Tian crying on the preview to next week's episode of The Amazing Race... It puzzles me what actually happens.... :

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    I agree with those that have said the new attitude will be Taun and Jaree. I can't see that clue fitting anyone else.

The previews show Jaree telling some guy on a train to stop touching her boob.
    Oh my god! You saw that? You mean you saw an Indian guy touching Jaree's boobs? That is so rude!!!!!!:mad:

The team who has a new attitude should be Tian and Jaree; the "trailier" shows Jaree calming Tian down, right? And yeah, Tian was yelling, "You touch me one more time and I'll throw you off the train!"

It's kind of disgusting, and I hope they get out of it alright :rolleyes: But I'm glad TAR gives me a glimpse of other countries & stuff. I just hope TAR never goes to India again!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast