+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teams that tie

Teams that tie

Is it good to be tied with other teams at the mat? I don't know I think that it would be ok in the early part of the race but
    as the race gets tighter and crazier. may become a bad thing. Like how funny (and stupid ) would it be be since Millie and Chuck and the clowns just love to end up on the mat together only to hear Phil say, "Millie and Chuck, Jon and AL (a short pause) You've BOTH been eliminated." I mean that would be great TV but it would be a homer simpson moment (DOH!) Anxious hear to input on this one....
    Carey

I think they should have put a stop to it the first time. I've never liked it, and when all 3 teams won the trip in the first leg, I REALLY didn't like it.

It has bothered me since the first time it happened
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Not a fan of the joint-mat-crossers.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'd like to know how they can feel so positive that they are not the last 2 teams. (and what they would do if the last 2 teams DID tie like that)

I think it's awfully risky.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The racers know their place by the last task they preform (just count the race packets that are remaining -1 if someone took the FF). Then if you don't screw up getting to the pit stop it should be about the same order. I don't think anyone would be so kind or stupid to wait around if they knew they were behind. As long as no prize is involved, it doesn't bother me that they tie in the middle of the pack. I do think that they shouldn't tie if there is a prize. Let the teams fight it out and create some more drama.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think I remember someone mentioning in an interview that periodically the production crew will throw in extra packets so the team does not know what place they are in.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

They should just tell them that when there is a tie nobody gets a prize for the round. That will put a stop to it right away.

Originally posted by BravoFan
    I think I remember someone mentioning in an interview that periodically the production crew will throw in extra packets so the team does not know what place they are in.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that, those tricky crewmembers. I guess it might keep the racers from slacking.

JR.
    Phil should just slap them, and say "Ok guys, stop screwing around". Now that would put a stop to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast