+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What changes would you like to see?

FORT Fan

Re: What changes would you like to see?

Originally posted by Wizard
    Now that we're in the fourth season of TAR, and the series has matured, what changes in the way the race is run would make it better/more interesting? Here's my top choices:

1. Less 'bunching' at stops.

2. Route clues that are less straightforward and require some thought to puzzle out. 'Go to the westernmost point in Europe' on an earlier TAR is a good example, although it was pretty easy to solve.

3. More difficult roadblocks. Loved the 'masked ball' roadblock due to its degree of difficulty, hated the Le Mans racecar roadblock because it looked WAY too easy.

4. More opportunities to make mistakes. One of my favorite TAR moments was when four out of eight teams put unleaded gas into diesel-burning vehicles. It was very interesting watching how they did - or didn't - solve this unexpected problem.

What do you think?
    agree with most of them...............
    just some additional thoughts........

1. the show needs bunching at stops
    coz that's the equalizer.....
    remember how far behind team guido and the brothers
    were behind in season 1......if you dont try
    to bunch them at stops, this is what happens,
    so it's good to equalize them at stops........

and i think it's great to see them bucching at detours
    and see different people compete H2H with one another
    in different contests.....and "Detour" IS designed to separate
    the bunching......for example, the F5 at AR3 chose different tasks
    and different stories develop,
    however, DO NOT bunch them at Road Blocks.....
    they are designed so that people behind have a chance to catch up

2. since some teams are cooperating already, why not try
    enforced cooperation in the game or enforced playoff
    so like you have wait for another team to come before
    doing a task or something like that, they could
    be competing or could be cooperating......
    the team the loses have to do another task before moving on,
    and last few teams can do another tasks
    to avoid extended lead or stuff like that

3. make 3 options for the detours and reserve spaces,
    also, attempt to let the teams to get a detour by chance,
    draw 3 options and choose one, if you decide to give up one,
    then give time penalty to draw another one.....
    or have 2-2-4 2-3-3 combination for F8 to choose and
    1st-come 1st-serve basis, and u can change if there are
    options left, if not, then wait for exchange....

4. reserve time..........
    if you are 15 min later than the leading team,
    you can choose to go at the same time with
    every other team that leaves earlier,
    but the time difference has to be made up at the end,
    so like wait by the mat for that long...

5. add more features.........
    like time deleter etc.....

FORT Newbie
    I would like to see one of the non-elimination rounds gone. With all that effort teams put in, it seems almost worthless to even compete after noticing that you are not going to be eliminated, regardless when you show up. Yeah, there are pros and cons and I'm not saying getting rid of all of the non-elimination rounds... but at least one would be fine with me. I can't take the suspense any longer.

The only change I would like to see is the editors/CBS actually SHOWING the clue in its entirety on the screen. So we, the viewing audience, can know when they are screwing up or not.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by hook'em
    I would like to see one of the non-elimination rounds gone. With all that effort teams put in, it seems almost worthless to even compete after noticing that you are not going to be eliminated, regardless when you show up. Yeah, there are pros and cons and I'm not saying getting rid of all of the non-elimination rounds... but at least one would be fine with me. I can't take the suspense any longer.
    At the very least they should spread them out more, to make it more surprising. Jon knew it was going to be a non-elimination round when they were spared and now that everyone knows there is one non-elimanation round left, what is left to the imagination? Why not have a non elimination right at the first pit stop!? that would make things at least a little interesting.

FORT Newbie
    Have a limit as to how many times/times in a row one team member can be the one to perform the roadblock. Jaree did not perform a single one, and I sure would have liked to see Chuck get the chance to scream at Millie just once (not that he would have, but...)

Quote Originally Posted by hook'em

I agree! I think one non-elimination round would be sufficient, and please don't give it away at the begining of the show with "Who will be eliminated next" vs. "Who will be eliminated tonight". I think that when it's down to 5 teams or fewer there should never be a non-elimination since that seems to be when it gets most intense, and everyone is starting to really work independently.

Question about the FF: Is there ever one available on the last leg of the race? For example, if the last 2 TAR4 teams were J&A and R&C, could J&A take a FF and win the race? I don't think I would like this situation, but is it a possibility? I can't remember anything about this from the previous two seasons I watched (TAR1 and TAR3). But then my memory is horrible.

FORT Fogey
    • Never have Phil voicer-over "who will be eliminated tonight?". Before the first team is eliminated, he should say "who will be eliminated first?", then "who will be eliminated next?" thereafter, to keep viewers always in suspense.

• Racers' clues should only state "the last team to arrive may be eliminated" for every leg. Also, they shouldn't be told how many total legs there will be, just that there are 3 pre-determined non-elimination legs that could take place in any leg except, obviously, the final leg.

• Since bunching seems to be a necessity purely from a logistical, race-planning point of view, finishing first in a leg should carry with it a greater reward than just a prize (even though trips and cruises are very nice). The way things now stand, 2-3 hour headstarts leaving a pitstop provide absolutely no benefit to the lead teams. How about everyone leaves the pitstops together but the quicker you arrive at a pitstop, the more time you have to rest and sleep?

• Have Queer Eye for the Straight Guy consult on Phil's wardrobe for the race.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Okay, here's what I'd suggest - some of these have probably already been said.

1. Cut down the team number by one and make the first leg a NEL. There's too much of a "we hardly knew you" feeling from the first elimination.

2. Make the race less dependent on taxicabs. Make the teams drive themselves more often, or have them use buses or trains or something. Make going to somewhere easier than saying to same cabbie, "take us to so-and-so".

3. Less focus on airline flights. Especially in Europe - they've got a damn good train network, make them use it! Also, there's too much throwing of dice involved in getting the tickets (the plane may be full, etc.). Make the team get Philiminated because of their own fault, not because they can't get a ticket.

The bottom line: make the racers even more responsible for their fates, not a cabbie, bad airline, or whatever.

I think the non-elimination legs should be more evenly spaced out throughout the show... they currently seemed to be clumped together at the end...

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    1. I agree about the bunching up part. A team may have a 4 hour lead on someone BUT means absolutely nothing because they all catch up waiting for a plane, something to open,etc.

2. Have each team alternate the road block. It would be fun to see millie(when she was on) and kelly do something for a change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast