+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAR GAME: Fictitious ROADBLOCKS and DETOURS

TAR GAME: Fictitious ROADBLOCKS and DETOURS

TAR GAME: Fictitious Roadblocks and Detours

Okay, the goal of this game is simple: just post outrageous, possibly hilarious, or incredibly dangerous and infeasible Roadblock or Detour ideas. Since the FORT people have proven to me to be quite hilarious and clever, I thought this might be a fun thread to start.

Example: DETOUR: Teach or Breach

In Teach:
    Teammates must find an angry gorilla and teach it to drive a manual transmission. (Teammates may find a happy gorilla, but first they must piss it off)
    In Breach:
    Teammates must toss a teammate towards the blades of an industrial fan, where they are to attempt to grab the blade with the next clue.

You get the idea. Please entertain us with your wit. And feel free to post “lame” suggestions or even “real” ideas too. All are welcome.

(The best part of all of this would be watching Phil’s deadpan delivery)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

That is hilarious, Shazzer! I'd love to play, but it will be hard to top that one. (must...think...harder...)
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Let's see...

DETOUR: Walk or Stalk

Walk:

Teams must go on a long hike around the city, comprising of many twists, turns, and backtracking. When it is done, the teams would have walked around the city 3 times and also have walked many miles to boot. This task is extremely easy, but it will take a long time.

Stalk:
    Teams are given a photo of a person. They are asked to find that person and stalk them around the city until the "stalk-ee" reaches their destination. There, if the teams have stalked the right person, they get their next clue. It is difficult to locate the correct person, but once you have, the walk is very short and can be completed quickly.

So whatcha think?
    Gustav Holst was right!

I like it! Especially the stalk part. Unique and potentially scary idea.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

strap or crap

In strap, each team member must strap a 50 pound child into a snugglie and walk with him or her fourteen miles where the parent will be waiting with the clue. It is physically demanding and will take a long time, but the other choice is...

Crap, where each team member must dig through a pile of cow manure to find.... oh wait... that sounds familiar... never mind
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Let me try out my hand with a Roadblock....

ROADBLOCK: Ball in Maze
    The team member must enter a labyrinth and locate the station with the silver ball in it. Mind you, it is not as easy as it may seem. Each team gets its own maze, and stations are everywhere. Each ball is covered with mud and must be raised to see its original color. The ball will fall back into the mud when the team member leaves the station.

Team members must keep track of the stations they have been to, as it is very easy to lose track and revisit a station you have been to already. The clue is attached to the silver ball. Then they must find their way out.

Not so easy once you think about it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread