+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Our Interview with Steve & Josh

Interesting that you said you feel bad for Steve.... but not for Josh, Anna.

In any case, I hope they did see all the positive comments too... and thanks Geezersgirl for your input this season.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by geezersgirl
    My guys understand that you all are voicing your opinions and that truly no one here really knows them.
    Well, almost nobody:cool:

I pretty much only have good things to say about them, but when I realize that Josh is lurking, I try and remember to throw in a zinger now and again.
    Get Back to Hot Topic

Like my post on the Steve and Josh tread, I really respect the parent/child relationships in TAR. (and I don't mean to disrespect Josh by calling him the child.)

I just think there are few parent/child racers because they really want something more out of the race then the money, and that's not that good for the show. But I think Steve and Josh truely had the most to overcome with there differences. Steve had to give up some of his control and Josh had to realize that the old man isn't so old or dumb. Also, young and old will see things in a different light and this will always bring conflict and in the end if they learned nothing about each other they still were stuck with each other. Others in this race, trying to find more about each other can just bale at the end if they don't find what they liked there really is no commitment, but the parent/child will always be together. That's why they have my respect.

Well said Takraw. I think traveling with your parent/child must be the most difficult companion you can take. Very stressful.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Well said Takraw. I think traveling with your parent/child must be the most difficult companion you can take. Very stressful.
    I agree with that. It's easier to take a friend or spouse because you choose them, but it's harder to take a family member, because you were basically forced to be family (although you may like it). However, I think I disagree with my family more often than friends because people are generally more comfortable doing that, because their family will always be there. I just think it would be really difficult to travel with a parent/child or brother/sister and I respect the rare people who can keep a cordial level-headed relationship going (Of course, I'm not saying this is what Steve and Josh did).

Thanks for another interesting interview John. I liked Steve and Josh a lot. I thought they were a unique duo, and I would have liked to have seen their ability to compete in the later stages of the race.

It's kind of funny, but reading everyone's comments about racing with a parent made me realize what a good teammate my mother would be.

Originally posted by enygma
    But I pack a jacket to go to the cottage in July, honestly what was he thinking?
    Were we separated at birth Eny? I never leave the house without a jacket no matter what the weather is like. "What? It's 80 degrees? OK, well, let me go grab a jacket and I'll be right with you..."
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Steve and Josh...goodbye and good riddance...you won't be missed.

Jake NY

Great job John! I believe their relationship was probably strenghtened by their experience. Although they weren't my favorites, they still gave a good interview due to your skill (I'm sure). They got more out of it than the last couple, good for them.

I'm still waiting to find out if you plan to enter any TAR. Maybe they could do a fast forward with collecting honey from bees.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by eldee
    I'm still waiting to find out if you plan to enter any TAR. Maybe they could do a fast forward with collecting honey from bees.
    Oooooh, you're mean!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456