+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It’s Because He’s Afraid Of Dark Tight Places…TAR 4 EP 4 Recap

Thanks ...crapulous leanings
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali

I mentioned above, to another poster who took offense to that remark that I KNOW THEY ARE NOT GHETTO. IT WAS A JOKE. She gave the little head bob, and eye roll, but you are right, no Ebonics left her lips.

I will continue to write my recaps in a way that I find funny...
    That was a fantastic recap, Cali! A hysterical way to cap off a great show...

I must comment on one thing, though. I've noticed an interesting trend: All the FORT recap-writers possess a great sense of humor and a tongue-in-cheek writing style! Cali, you're certainly no exception, and your use of "ghetto" was neither racist nor stereotypical. These are educated women which is what made the contrast of using the word "ghetto" so funny. When the other teams pulled in front of them, Monica looked as though she was ready to kick some serious butt! I certainly wouldn't have made her any angrier. "Ghetto" is an everyday word in our language these days (right or wrong), and your little usage was hardly being demeaning towards Monica. Check it out:

"Ghetto"

Some readers, perhaps, have taken statements or words a little out of context. It's hard to really determine a writer's style or intent if the reader is new and not accustomed to the style of the writer. Personally, I hope you do not change your style of writing. Please do continue to write in the style which you find funny as well as 99% of your readers. It was a great recap and totally amusing entertainment. It would truly be a sad day when you had to start measuring the potential impact of every word you wrote and how someone might interpret it.

Thanks Mantenna, I am seriously glad you got it
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Great job Cali, Don't change your style of writing or use of words to please anybody!! If one thing I have learned in life, YOU CAN NOT PLEASE EVERYBODY. I think you did a good job! Of course I did not agree with everything you said about my favorite team but oh well

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Great job Cali, people just need to understand that is is humor, not Dan Rather reporting the news. More like a John Stewart or Sat. Night Live news update type. with satirical injection thrown in. Check the P.C. at the door and enjoy some off brand humor.

keep up the great work.

FORT Fogey
    Excellent Cali, you humor is so right up my alley and it is all that needs to be said each week! Great job!

Terrific recap, Cali!

I alternately 'ed and 'ed in agreement all the way through.

Another great recap cali! I love your TAR recapping style. It really helps with visualizing teams and your added commentary and jokes always leave me in stiches.

Jon tells us that this adrenaline rush ride should be like an orgasm for Kelly…hard to get to, but should keep her happy for a week.

Man, I all of the sudden feel sorry for Kelly. Not a feeling I enjoy, but I’m sure she’ll do something to bother me soon enough.
    My boyfriend and I broke into laughter after Jon's comment. He put his foot way too far in his mouth! Someone teach Jon how to please a lady, because it isn't going to be Kelly who does the teaching. She seems like the cold, frigid type.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

JR.
    Originally posted by melpepinla
    Someone teach Jon how to please a lady, because it isn't going to be Kelly who does the teaching. She seems like the cold, frigid type.
    Maybe that's why he's not trying so hard

Originally posted by joeguy
    Great job Cali, people just need to understand that is is humor, not Dan Rather reporting the news. More like a John Stewart or Sat. Night Live news update type. with satirical injection thrown in. Check the P.C. at the door and enjoy some off brand humor.

keep up the great work.
    Joeguy said it so well. That person sounds like a wet blanket. Please accept a big for your funny recaps, and keep up the good work!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast