+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It’s Because He’s Afraid Of Dark Tight Places…TAR 4 EP 4 Recap

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I just found it. Very informative. I think it might be the best one so far. ;-)

Thanks.

The further we get into the race, the better the interviews get, only because I "know" the team better and have more well-suited questions for them.

FORT Newbie

Monica

Why does she have to be ghetto mad? Because she's black? I don't believe she used a bit of ebonics when she expressed herself. Don't do that. She is an educated woman who just happens to be well to do and black. I know that is difficult for some people to believe, but we are not all ghetto. Steve threw a barely veiled threat at the two teams in question. That's ghetto sweetheart!

Xantham Gum, I think maybe Jon should wait a lifetime before committing to Kelly. Now if he wants to commit her, well, that would be understandable :wink
    Ohh....I now get it! It would be very funny to see that happen to Kelly. She annoys me. I've had enough of her weird accent to last me months. I hope hse gets eliminated soon.

Great recap as always, cali!
    Gustav Holst was right!

OK, I've calmed down.
    I actually had a long response typed up for you ginams, but I took a few deep breaths and realized my response was better suited for the Current Events forum.

I mentioned above, to another poster who took offense to that remark that I KNOW THEY ARE NOT GHETTO. IT WAS A JOKE. She gave the little head bob, and eye roll, but you are right, no Ebonics left her lips.

You may find it hard to believe, but being an educated woman myself I actually KNOW not all African Americans are Ghetto.

I honestly apologize if I hurt your feelings or offended you, and I appreciate your right to vent....

I will continue to write my recaps in a way that I find funny...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Re: Monica

Originally posted by ginams00
    Why does she have to be ghetto mad? Because she's black? I don't believe she used a bit of ebonics when she expressed herself. Don't do that. She is an educated woman who just happens to be well to do and black. I know that is difficult for some people to believe, but we are not all ghetto. Steve threw a barely veiled threat at the two teams in question. That's ghetto sweetheart!
    Try decaf, ginams...we know that not all African-Americans are "ghetto"...It was just a joke...

Great recap! My favorite part:

Jon is leading the team directly to the lighthouse, but Kelly is 100% sure they are going the wrong way. She wants to turn around. Jon asks her how many times he will have to prove her wrong as they turn the corner to find the clue box.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Does anyone have a sense of how close the teams come to spending all their money? Can they carry forward money between stages?

I thought that Josh's decision to take the train rather than a long taxi ride was motivated by a desire to save money.
    Bring it!

They can carry their money forward. I have no idea how close they come, but you never know when the dreaded "you have $1 for this leg of the race" will pop up.

Cali ---

I know I say this every week - but I really mean it every week.

Your recaps are fantastic! I get such a kick out of reading them. Not only are you fair to each of the teams (despite your crapulous leanings) but you give a complete picture of what happened.

Just a great job, Cali.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast