+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Amazing Race' has become a worldwide hit

sorry but that is true...i mean most of my friends in SE asia and in here in the Philippines believe that TAR rules among the reality TV shows...even better than survivor...that's why it saddened me to hear that it's not that big hit in US...hope cbs will continue TAR!!!

While I enjoy TAR, something bothers me. The runners are given a departure time based on their finish, however it does not matter because they'll eventually meet half way through. Why don't they have them bunch at the beginning instead of the middle? What difference does it make if the runners are given X amount of a head start, if when they get to place Z they'll have to wait for 12 hours or the next day. This makes no sense.

Originally posted by NYGal
    While I enjoy TAR, something bothers me. The runners are given a departure time based on their finish, however it does not matter because they'll eventually meet half way through. Why don't they have them bunch at the beginning instead of the middle? What difference does it make if the runners are given X amount of a head start, if when they get to place Z they'll have to wait for 12 hours or the next day. This makes no sense.
    Well, think of it this way... if one team had a HUGE lead and kept up that lead, it would become predictable who will win in the end. And what fun would that be?

Also, sometimes, you just can't help it! Certain attractions don't open at certain times (like 1 a.m. or something), and flights and train schedules run on their own time. They show can't control it so that there will always be transportation available when they get there.

It's like in the last episode when all the cars were parked by the gate to get in. The gates operators run on a schedule. And if they didn't have that, we'd be devoid of that huge fight between Tian & Jaree/Chip & Reiken all the teams. (And yes, that threat about the tires was such a cheap and low blow!)

It sucks for the people in the lead, but it definitely makes things exciting!

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad that TAR is so successful in other countries but I wish it'd be more successful here! It's a great show. I think what I love about this show is that there's constant action. Very rarely do they do nothing...well sometimes, like when they're at a bunch up but that's usually pretty short and sometimes there are some fights! Oh it's just great...

I think it depends on the season though, so far I liked Survivor 6 more than this TAR...but I loved that season...so we'll see if I change my mind!

FORT Regular
    i wonder why TAR isn't going up in the ratings there in the US ... as our other TAR lovers have said, it's such a big hit here in Asia, (PHILIPPINES, Singapore, etc...) they have to include us ... im pretty sure it'll help boost the ratings .. hehe .. cbs won't even have second thoughts on doing a season 5 .. TAR is extremely popular here!
    Long Live the AMAZING RACE!!
    what i love most about TAR ..... highly entertaining, clean fun, you grow to love the racers to the point that you go crazy if you fave team gets eliminated, its such a fine show .. totally the best among other reality shows!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    i wonder why TAR isn't going up in the ratings there in the US ... as our other TAR lovers have said, it's such a big hit here in Asia, (PHILIPPINES, Singapore, etc...) they have to include us ... im pretty sure it'll help boost the ratings .. hehe .. cbs won't even have second thoughts on doing a season 5 .. TAR is extremely popular here!
    Long Live the AMAZING RACE!!
    Ratings have gone up in the U.S. Last few episodes have cracked the top 20 in the tv ratings.

FORT Regular
    that's great ..... hope it'll continue ....

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    The Amazing Race is the most watched Reality TV show here in Singapore....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12