+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you like TAR?

Why do you like TAR?

I didn't see this topic posted anywhere else, but forgive me if it has been.

I just would like to know why you like TAR? Is it the excitement of the race itself? Is it the locations they go to? Does it bring back memories of trip? Does it make you laugh to see the trouble the teams get into? Are you interested in the personallities or conflicts they have? Or is it something else?

I think this show is the best of all the reality TV programs because I can relate to it on many levels. Who in real life meets someone on a TV show or gets money for it? Survivor and BB are just manufactured enviroments where you vote people out. Who wouldn't want to vote someperson out of their office or family sometimes? Yes, TAR isn't real life in many respects but the experiences are based in the real world and the relationships are already there.

I just want to know what other people think and if you have a story about your own travel experiences. I will give an entertaining one of my own later if anyone is interested in this thred.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    The Amazing Race is definitely the best reality show, one of the best shows period, today.

TAR combines edge of your seat excitement, drama, comedy, fun challenges, and spectacular destinations. Watching the show, you just want to be a part of it. Wouldn't you want to travel around the world with plane tickets all paid for and have the chance to win a million bucks? I would.

I prefer watching non-stop excitement over watching people sitting around talking about what to eat for dinner or seeing 15 men or women fighting over one woman or man who probably isn't worth it anyway.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I love this show because there is never a dull moment. It moves with the speed of a freight train and leaves me "breathless" (literally)!! The hour goes by so quickly that I'm truly amazed when it is the final leg of the trip. It has everything I ask for in entertainment--drama, comedy, beautiful scenery, romance and plenty of excitement. The only complaint I have is that it is not on longer than an hour a week.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    I love TAR because you are not just watching people get dirty on an island week after week, or stuck in a house with eachother day after day. It always changes. There is always neck and neck competitions, and without Phil, it wouldn't be the same.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    This show is the best:
    1. The theme song is the best on TV! (the look on my wife and baby's face as i "sing" along is priceless)

2. You are ultimately in control of your own destiny-

2. You are ultimately in control of your own destiny
    True, sort of.
    Gustav Holst was right!

to all the posts above
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Fade to black
    For me, it's real people, in real relationships, in real life situations. Unlike some of the other reality show's I've "browsed" this one has a bit more reality to it.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fogey
    I love this show because it's really fast paced and the hour that it's on goes by sooooooo fast!

This show's addicting. I love the fast forward/road blocks/detours...that makes the show even better! That's why I love this show so much!

I like TAR because it's totally unpredictable!! You might be first now but last next
    All good things come to an end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast