+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAR re-runs on other networks

FORT Fogey

TAR re-runs on other networks

Remember last season when UPN used to run the TAR reruns on UPN every Friday evening (right before Under One Roof)? I was just wondering if anyone knows why they don't do that anymore. It's too bad CBS only has one channel. Other channels run their reality show reruns on their second channel (Fox and Fox Family, ABC and ABC Family, etc.). I wonder if UPN got enough profit from showing those reruns? They must not have made enough on Friday nights, because they never managed to show the end of Under One Roof (which I would have liked to have seen!)...

FORT Fogey
    Yeah I wish they'd reshow episodes on other stations, it'd be nice to catch reruns if you missed them or something!

Dont worry about CBS, Anna. They are under the Viacom Umbrella of media companies. UPN IS a Viacom network. So are all of the MTV networks(MTV, VHI, Nickelodeon). As is TNN(soon to be SpikeTV). CBS is merely their top property.

Why they dont show TAR 4 or Survivor reruns on any of those other channels is beyond me. Perhaps Viacom will have a pretty large stake in the upcoming Reality Central, and is waiting to cash in on THAT goldmine before they start syndicating these shows out.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

lol_its_fun
    I don't care if they have rerun for TAR 4 or Survivor this or last season. But if they have rerun for TAR 1 and/or 2, I would for sure watch it.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I want to have TAR1 and TAR2 on tape, I almost have all of TAR3, except for half of one episode when I thought I was recording CBS, but I was really recording NBC.

I wish they could put TAR on DVD. I would definitely buy them. Hopefully there would be "deleted scenes" and behind the scenes footage and team interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I'm looking forward to this new reality network. I wonder if they will sporadically show episodes, keep a regular daily/weekly schedule, show marathons, etc... Does anyone know when this reality network is supposed to star and any logistics about it?

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    :mad: The network will probably be on digital cable, and I am still one of the few people who doesn't have digital cable and I probably won't be able to get the channel anyway. :mad:

Ditto Anna - I'm looking forward to the reality tv channel so I can catch up on all I've missed (first four Survivors and .. um, the first three TARs). Anyone have any info?

NBCDaytimeFan - I have digital cable - and it's great - but expensive. Each time I think of cutting my budget, I look there .. sigh.

Bumpkin, NBCDF--check out Realitycentral.com It has all the info about the upcoming channel. Their tentative start date is Jan 2004.

NBCDF--ever consider DirecTv?? It seems like you enjoy soap operas....and they have a channel dedicated to Soap Opera reruns and info. Pretty cool

On topic now....I wish they would release all of the previous TARs on DVD as well. I would buy them in a heartbeat!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

We have a couple of press releases on it in our Other Reality Shows forum. It's started by Blake Mykosky (ugh, I know I slaughtered that, but I'm too lazy to check), of Blake & Paige on TAR, um, 2?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast