+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4/17 episode: Two Girls Will Be Eliminated in Each Back-to-Back Episode

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

4/17 episode: Two Girls Will Be Eliminated in Each Back-to-Back Episode

From ABC.com
    EVERYTHING CHANGES AS THE FINALISTS COMPETE IN FRONT OF A LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE FROM WEEK TO WEEK, ON ABC'S "ALL AMERICAN GIRL"

America Will Finally Weigh in and Vote

The search continues for the girl that has it all...talent, beauty, athletic prowess and intelligence, as we continue to test their drive, determination, spirit and will power. Our celebrity coaches have done their jobs and narrowed the competition down to ten talented young ladies. It is now up to America to decide whom they want to see awarded the title of "All American Girl," on THURSDAY, APRIL 17 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Show 105" -- In the first hour on the broadcast, the ten finalists perform "Hold On" by En Vogue in a choreographed piece that showcases their charisma and personality. An intelligence game will test the ladies' ability to think on their feet, show their awareness of current events and their sense of humor. Their athletic abilities will also be tested in a lifeguard challenge at the beach, which also shows their determination and courage. Due to war coverage, America was not able to vote and a one-time-only panel of experts from the world of entertainment will eliminate two girls.

"Show 106" - The second hour of the broadcast will open with a dramatic and heart-wrenching moment when the two eliminated girls are revealed. The eight remaining contestants will continue to compete as they sing the Pointer Sisters' hit, "I'm So Excited," and show off their dance moves while performing to The Trammps classic, "Disco Inferno." In a test that will demonstrate their drive and spirit, each girl will be timed in a race to scale a 24-foot towering rock wall, in studio, in front of a live audience. Another intelligence game will exhibit their poise and wit. Finally, in an effort to show their personal sense of style, each girl will be given a simple black t-shirt and asked to create her own one-of-a-kind fashion piece that she will model. America will then be able to vote by calling a toll-free number, at abc.com, keyword: All American, or via text message for Cingular customers. The two girls with the fewest number of votes will be eliminated and their identities revealed at the top of next week's show.

The 10 girls participating in this week's first challenge are:

Geri Halliwell's Team

Kristi, 23, Kerrville, TX
    Jessica, 22, Columbus, OH
    Monica, 22, Charlotte, NC
    Kira, 20, Austin, TX

John Salley's Team

Ashley, 19, Redlands, CA
    Shannon, 21, Antioch, CA
    Andrea, 20, Orange, CA

Suzanne de Passe's Team

Ali, 24, West Chester, PA
    Natalie, 21, Anderson, IN
    Tarah, 20, Mesa, AZ

Pop superstar Geri Halliwell, NBA legend John Salley and entertainment executive extraordinaire Suzanne de Passe coach their team of finalists through rigorous training in an effort to have one of their young women chosen as the ultimate American dream girl. Hosting the show is comedic actor Mitch Mullany.

"All American Girl" is produced by 19 Entertainment. Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe are executive producers, Marilyn Wilson and Conrad Green serve as co-executive producers, James Breen is supervising producer and Tom Boles is coordinating producer.

These programs carry a TV-PG parental guideline.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

ABC is smart to run this against the Survivor recrap. I'm glad there will be something new to watch, even as I am huddled in my survivor-withdrawl rocking fetal position.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

though it's smart to run it against the survivor recap, i still don't think that this show is going to gain much of an audience. it's had such a rocky ride so far that i don't really know who is going to call in and vote.

FORT Newbie
    This show was not planned well at all......

you said it. i actually feel for the 10 girls still on the show. i mean, since it's live or some such nonsense, what are they doing with their time? i sense some pretty short and to the point recaps in my future.

I'm going to watch. I think some of the competitions they have planned sound really funny. Especially the black t-shirt one. And the rock wall--how I wish every beauty pageant had a rock wall!

Well, if I'm the only one watching, that's good news for Kira.

Oh, and Andrea too--love that girl!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

spegs, fear not, i'll be watching, too!

my faves are ashley and monica.

Looks like we got the top 4 right here then!

+ Reply to Thread