+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premiere Recap - A Pageant with Personality

evie, we love the loonies.

I just love the visits from contestants! I know that if I was ever on tv, I would be on google checking out my name the next week. Evie scores points in my book for visiting...don't we get to vote eventually? Evie gets a call from me if we do.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Princess
    Another show I don't plan to watch.... but great reading anyway, sher!

thanks modesty! and yes, spegs. once the field is narrowed to the final 10, the public gets to vote. and definite props to evie and ashley for visiting the fort!

Nobody likes a moaner Ashleysmom's Avatar
    I think that 2 hours was not enough to showcase the true talent of the contestants. I was there for most of the shooting at California Adventure. They should have done like "American Idol" and showcased the National try-outs the first hour, the good, the bad and the truly ugly auditions. Then the 2nd hour showcased the 45 that auditioned, maybe not all of them but more than what we saw. They could have ended it with the 24 that they picked and then started the true 1 hour series in its regular time slot going from the 24 to the 15. I think that any one that is going to review it should review it from here on out. Now they are down to 15 the public will be able to get to know the remaining contestants better. Ashley met and introduced me to some of the contestants and out of the 15 remaining most if not all deserve the title of "All American Girl". They are all genuine and sweet. Of course I want Ashley to win, but any of the other girls remaining would represent the "All American Girl" just fine. They are all winners and they together represent what the All American should be. So please don't give up on this show, with Ashley, Evelyn, Andrea, Kristi, Kira and Natalie (those are my personal favorites) on the show it can only get better.

Some of my favourite bits.

Venice does a very strange (and poor might I add) impression of Michael Jackson. The only things included in the impression were the moonwalk and the dangling baby (which Venice substitutes with a scarf clad teddy bear.) If there had been a gong, Suzanne would have hit it.

Evelyn recites all 50 states while juggling and standing on a piece of wood that is balanced on a log. Evelyn, if any of the questions on that intelligence test are about the 50 states of the U.S., youíre golden.

Rachel ďI canít dance because Iím going to pass outĒ scores lowest. Maybe she should have pulled that passing out stunt for the intelligence test, too. Just a thought.
    Excellent recap Sher.
    Very funny stuff.

Hopefully the show can rally from it's poor ratings showing in the first week, ABC isn't renouned for sticking by their shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12