+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-Premiere discussion

I liked the show, it satisfied my pageant-junkie cravings. I liked the way they chose teams at the end. I think this should be interesting and I will watch next week. My money is on Kira--loved her.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I can't even imagine how bad it must feel to have to stand in front of the coaches waiting for one of them to raise their hand and claim you.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah, the judging was awful. I actually went first, and I didn't know they were resetting the camera, so I thought no one wanted me!!! Then Mitch asked the judges to raise their hands...I don't think I've ever let out a bigger sigh of relief! It was really hard for a few girls...there was so much more talent you didn't get to see on Wednesday. But I ramble. Take it easy.

Ashley

Ahhh, poor you, I can imagine you standing there for ages waiting for the judges to make their decision.
    Ugh, the very thought of it is making me feel bad for the contestants.

I think this has the potential to be a really fun and interesting show.
    All the contestants left seem to be genuinely sweet people from what we've seen so far.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think the team aspect of the competition will be interesting. Kind of "survivor"-ish --you know, good for the team vs. good for the individual.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I dunno... I personally was *really* let down from the first episode... I was really looking forward to this one and it seemed really boring... and i HATE it when they show clips of what is coming up over and over again.... I will probably tune in again next week though, in hopes that it will get better... most of the girls did seem nice, I liked the one who did beauty pagents...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

i prefer this show so much more than the traditional pageants. we are allowed to see the contestants' personalities instead of solely basing our opinions on looks and bods in swimsuits.

My biggest problem with the show was Judge Gerri. When she said, in her british accent, "Is this the kind of girl I want to represent America?" I answered out loud "Who cares what you want!" and hurt my (in the other room) husband's feelings.

I thought it was funny that both girls who got a choice of who's team to be on picked Suzanne. Obviously, she is the one with the influence and if she really likes you, you've already won. That just proved to me that these girls aren't too dumb.

I kind of liked the first episode of this. The first hour wasn't so great and I wasn't planning on watching the rest. But I had nothing better to do so I gave it a chance and it got better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12