+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

I don't think AmanDER is dumb. She's just young, inexperienced and not very independent IMO by the few things that were shown.

But, I think Oublier made a great point: Mark wanted someone at his level, and who is young. So he picked who HE is more comfortable with in the long run. C'est la vie.

I also like what Jen said to AmanDER.... that Mark may be the type of man who wants someone he can teach things to, or he may be the type who wants to be shown the new things. Evidently, Mark likes to be the teacher. I wonder if Jen's little "whisper" about the number of times she's, um, you know at one time, kind of scared Mark off! He knows he might be compared to others in the performance department, even though Jen really didn't compare him to others throughout the time they spent together.

Who knows?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

We don't really know how much of this show is scripted. The producers may have dreamed up the present for the mother, and Amanda not knowing how to make a salad - just to make the "20 yr old" seem inexperienced in contrast to Jen. And normally maybe Jen would not have come back to the condo and "told all." And I would hope Jen would not want to tell Mark all her sexual experiences - I really feel there was a lot of embelishment to this show. The embelishment is most probably based on some characteristics of these girls but a little over done.

Age of Love Stars Reunite in Las Vegas : People.com

Age of Love Stars Reunite in Las Vegas
    TUESDAY AUGUST 07, 2007 06:35 PM EDT

By Mark Gray

Amanda Salinas and Mark Philippoussis

The Age of Love star Mark Philippoussis choose "kitten" Amanda Salinas on the reality dating show's finale – but on Monday in Las Vegas the new couple reunited for the first time since the show wrapped in May.

The tennis star and Salinas, 26, an assistant to a financial planner, watched the NBC's show's final episode among a group of pals at the Planet Hollywood Hotel.

"They were both really nervous to see each other but as soon as it happened they were great," a source close to Philippoussis tells PEOPLE. "Mark had a bunch of friends in town from Australia so he introduced her to them."

On the show, Philippoussis was forced to choose between women in the 20s or 40s, who became affectionately known as the "kittens" and the "cougars". (See PEOPLE's video of the "cougars" in bikinis here.)

Prior to revealing the winner, Philippoussis told PEOPLE, "Age doesn't come into play when it comes to relationships... I didn't go on the show to get married, but I found someone who I love hanging out with. I promised myself that if I found someone like that, I wouldn't rush into anything, and that's what I'm going to do."

After the show's finale, Philippoussis and Salinas "had drinks at Heart Bar. After that, they went up to Mark’s suite to party," says the source. "They plan on staying in Vegas for the week together and do couple things."

--------------------

So they had not seen each other since the show wrapped up in May? Geesh! Even on the Bachelor, the couple gets together after the finale and before the show airs.

I wonder if Mark C. bailed too. He wasn't on last week either. So it was not a case of NBC not footing the bill to fly him to Australia, he still wasn't on the show when they were still in LA! Or, maybe, he had other commitments - filming something else or vacationing in the Hamptons with Kelly and kids. I just found it odd that he wouldn't be there for the last two shows. And, also, as someone mentioned earlier, I could tell that voiceover was not Mark C's but someone who sounded close enough to be him.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2510524;
    I
    I also like what Jen said to AmanDER.... that Mark may be the type of man who wants someone he can teach things to, or he may be the type who wants to be shown the new things. Evidently, Mark likes to be the teacher.
    Considering this is the same man who was engaged to Alexis Barbara when she was 18 and he was 28 perhaps yes, he likes to be the teacher. (also, he proposed to Barbara 5 months after breaking up with his former girlfriend ... great dating material this guy).

Still, it made for some mildly entertaining TV.

FORT Regular

As someone alluded to above--if NBC had chosen a more mature(not necessarily chronologically older but emotionally more mature) man for this show there might have been a more mature and complex decision.

As it is Mark went with his hormones.

It's hard to blame him though--many male athletes have had to be so concerned with nurturing and taking care of their bodies in order to stay competitive in their sport, they don't have time to develop themselves emotionally.

Emotionally--based on a number of things he said--like being "surprised" that the older women were so fascinating and attractive--he is probably at about the stage a eighteen year old male would be who has just graduated high school and is on his way to college to experience the wide world."

Maybe Mark's having to hang with Amanda for any length of time will give him some insight into just how good Jen might be for/with him.

One can only hope.

The tennis star and Salinas, 26, an assistant to a financial planner, watched the NBC's show's final episode among a group of pals at the Planet Hollywood Hotel.

Prior to revealing the winner, Philippoussis told PEOPLE, "Age doesn't come into play when it comes to relationships... I didn't go on the show to get married, but I found someone who I love hanging out with. I promised myself that if I found someone like that, I wouldn't rush into anything, and that's what I'm going to do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This cracks me up..NOW she is "An assistant to a financial planner"..geezz I thought she was a hockey team dancer!...guess one sounds younger and sexier than the other.....hhhmmmmmm.....

and I think the evidence of their 'relationship" is right there..."He went on the show to find someone to hang out with"......later Amanda..you won't "get your man!"

I am just reading about how people are saying Amanda is so young. At 25 I had already owned my home for 3 years, was working full time and paying my way through graduate school. I knew how to do rudimentary cooking and self-taught the rest along the way. I could hold my own in a crowd of strangers and I would never go to a dinner party/housewarming party etc. without some kind of gift.

This "girl" is not that young. She shouldn't be that "inexperienced". This show either found a girl who knew how to play up the "kitten" angle or really edited the heck out of her character.

I agree kimrs. But there are all different types of 25 year olds and I think she is an immature one.

My brother in law and I are the same age...late 20s. I have a stable job with great benefits and am saving for retirement. I've been married for 7 years and own a home. He stills lives with his parents and can barely make ends meet. He's never even had a serious girlfriend. We are the same age, but years apart in maturity.

FORT Regular

I'm not impressed with what i've been reading on this thread and I have a hard time understanding people's reactions to Jen not winning. C'mon, get serious, folks, Mark with a 48-year old??? Maria said it best in her post-show interview: ''Mark likes them young''. That would have been the shocker for me had he ended up choosing Jen. Oublier, you are right on about why Mark chose Amanda. Also, people can talk all they want about Amanda's immaturity, insecurities, blah blah blah, but we FORT fans very well know how much these reality shows can be scripted and staged. Get real, people, it's beyond ludicrous to judge a person's character based solely on their appearance on reality tv.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 08-08-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Good points, Jewels. I hate to think of Amanda reading some of the comments being made. It's a lot of fun, I think, trying to sleuth out the final results and it is real hard when your choice is not picked (I know....) but I don't want to get into hilighting their flaws - especially since there's got to be a lot of exaggeration just for drama.

+ Reply to Thread