+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Regular

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Blondie--thanks! I'm on my way.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Wow, didn't think he'd pick Amanda. In the end, he went with Mum's choice. An inane, harmless, completely ridiculous show, but it was fun!

NiceShoes, I didn't see Mark C. either...or did I? The two Marks (except for their heights) looked an awful lot alike to me. I kept getting them confused all season.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2509838;
    I found AmanDER really young-minded about a lot that one learns between the age of 20 and 30, let alone 20 and 40. For instance, bringing a gift when you first meet parents, knowing how to make a salad, blah blah blah. D'oh. At 25, she doesn't sound too independent. And I don't agree that she is only Shy. I've been shy, but I can make a salad and talk to people in a room. Good grief.
    Hey, like many in her generation, Amanda needs quality time to stare into the mirror and listen to guys tell her how hot she is. She doesn't have time for any of that practical stuff! That's for old people.

It was an entertaining show - better than any Bachelor season since Byron Velvick's. I hope NBC does another one.

I don't know why people are criticizing Amanda so much ... I wouldn't pick a man in his forties (I'm in my twenties) even if he was really nice. There's just too much of a difference and I've experienced it having dated older men.

As for Amanda being dumb ... Mark didn't seem like a brilliant, outgoing young man. He seemed kind of dumb, shallow and judging by his choice of bedmates in the past (18 year old heiress, etc) he's more into having a good time than having a stimulating conversation. He picked Amanda because she was equal in age, thoughts, and lifestyle. There's nothing inherently wrong in that.

Jen and him, they were just not in the same quadrant and to be fair Jen seemed much more sophisticated than him! Although Jen has had way too much work on her body (eye lift? face lift? eeek) when you want young, you want young. Mark wanted young. He wanted a peer at his same level. Jen couldn't deliver that. If she had, she would have dumbed herself down.

By the way the quality of the "bachelor" (Mark) and several of the women seemed rather low. Overall, the whole quality of the show seemed really low. Like they couldn't spring any money for the host to appear in the last episode? Ugh.

Oublier...I'm the exact opposite. I'm in my twenties (late) and would pick a forty year old man any day over a twenty something. I've been on my own and working "real" jobs for too long now to deal with the lack of maturity of most 20-somethings.

Having dated men 10-20 years older than me ... I'm happiest with someone in my age range. Maturity does not necessarily happen with age but you are more likely to be at a certain "stage" in your life at a certain age (career in twenties, children in thirties, etc, etc).

When I dated someone much older he wanted to get married, have kids immediately. The other one wanted me to become stepmother to his children. Finally the third was an immature playboy who never wanted to grow up.

I think you need to find someone who is in the same stage as you and shares your same goals and dreams. It's easier when you are both in the same age range because you are probably in the same stage and since I'm not in the marrying and having babies stages this became a big problem when I dated older guys (except for the playboy...he just never wanted to grow old).

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Two comments....

When Amanda said "now comes happily ever after", I almost gacked.

Jen is way too classy for Mark. She's out of his league. I'd love for them to do a follow up show where they have HER dating 20 and 40 year olds and see how it goes.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

OK, I'm 41 and I would know to bring a gift. Heck, I do it for my friends when they are having a casual dinner and we are invited over at the last minute. That is why I keep a second bottle of wine on hand at all times. It is second nature. I don't think bad if someone doesn't do it for me, because there presence is enough.

I hope the mom didn't count it AGAINST Jen. I was raised to do that. Maybe A was not.

In the end, I think Jen will be just fine and happy for the experience. If anyone can handle this, IMHO, it is her.

I hope everyone is happy.

PS, 48-year-olds CAN have a baby. Health for both is an issue, for sure, but it can happy. Now more than one child, that is a different issue.
    Last edited by Allie; 08-07-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: tense problems

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by underdogfan;2509394;
    Are they still together?

I haven't followed this show closely because I usually watch "Hell's Kitchen", but I read that "Hell's Kitchen" was boring last night, so I watched parts of this. Anyway, I had one of the entertainment shows on earlier this evening (Extra?) and they were showed in Vegas together. I just caught the end of it and I think Amanda was saying the usual "we're taking it slow - it's going well" blah, blah, blah. At least we know they made it past the airing of the finale!

Speaking of Amanda, it looked like she was wearing a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes at the finale. She's got good taste in shoes. Expensive, but good!

I predict Amanda and Mark will be together like ... 0.5 seconds?

Watch as next week he's making out with Lindsay Lohan or some other starlet.

+ Reply to Thread