+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

It was obvious from the beginning that he'd choose Amanda. Honestly - a 5-year age difference versus an 18-year age difference???

This certainly was not a study to see if AGE mattered.

As for a lasting relationship? Never gonna happen between these two

I thought that Jen and Amanda came across as nice women. It didn't really matter to me who he picked. However, I don't think that Jen bringing a gift was some sort of plot. I always bring a small hostess gift when I am invited to dinner...it is just common courtesy. Maybe Amanda is a bit young in this regard. Bottom line, it obviously didn't have much of an impact.

FORT Fan

I have to say, I liked Mark's mother's reaction. I don't care if the old one is nice, I want grandchildren.

There were no photos of Mark P's father, but it sure made me wonder about genes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaLee;2508927;
    I just read the thread that has since been locked about the girls Myspace pages....what a dissapointment!

Amanda has since made her page private but the other girls...just check it out.
    What am I looking for?

FORT Regular

I do energy work and when it gets down to the last two or three I stop listening to what's being said and I start to read energies.

Last night when Mark wasa with Jen the energy was not flowing between them at all. His energy was very self-contained--and if you look at his body language he was always pulling away from Jen.

When he was with Amanda the energy flowed between them and combined to make one coherent energy system.

And his body language was so different--he was always curving his body towards Amanda.

I agree with the person above who said that Amanda is an immature and whiney person--but looking at the energy flows I can't see how it could have come out any other way.

I too don't think they'll be together very long. There's a good chance that the energy between them is primarily sexual--and that kind of initial heat seldom lasts very long.

Especially when it's accompanied by whining and a lack of interest in anyone else.

Anyone know when The Bachelor starts?

That is very interesting, Whirlingal!

The Bachelor begins Monday, Sept 24th. We are already talking about the new Bachelor (yummy!) and dates in the Bachelor thread.

Come on over! The thread is located under "Off The Air."
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by winniechloe;2508768;
    First time posting on this show. I really liked Jen. I think she would make a great older bachlorette. Fleiss should consider that. A real women with men in their forties and fifties that would make a great show. Just one womens opinion.
    I read somewhere that Jenn only dates men between the ages of 20 - 40.

I was surprised that he picked Amanda, but not really disappointed. Posters keep talking about the 18 yr difference and yet there were several women there that were only 10 yrs older and Jenn outlasted them and doesn't look much older than Mark. I agree that long term she is too old for him, but short term they probably would have had a lot of fun together. Odds are that she would have gotten tired of him first. I thought all along that Mark was a good choice for this show and a nice guy. I still think that.

It was interesting to watch the differences (and similarities) between the two age groups. As canuckinchile pointed out, the gift to his mother was a great example of this. Not only didn't it occur to Amanda to bring a gift, but she tried to make the gift Jenn brought all about her which was just pathetic.

Note to Mrs P, When looking for a brood mare for your son, look for these red flags:

1. Artificial enhancements - (boob job, unnaturally plump lips, hair extensions)
    may indicate a less than ideal gene pool and poor self-esteem
    2. Inability to make even the simplest of dishes and makes comments like "My mother doesn't cook much."
    3. Lack of intelligent or interesting conversation.

FORT Newbie

The fact that he didn't choose the 48 year old made the show predictable and boring. Try again NBC

Total disappointment but not a total surprise.

I did like the way the show was edited back and forth between the girls at the dock so you weren't sure who was ahead until the very end. Usually, with the bachelor, you know the first one he meets will be going home so he can propose to the second girl.

I think that Mark enjoyed Jen's company more than he says. I think his family visit did highlight the future grandchildren thing which I said earlier on. They did have a connection and communicated very well. I do believe he didn't want to hurt Jen though.

I thought that Mark was pathetic, however, in saying that he had a connection with AmanDER from the beginning. Heck, he had his First One-on-One date with her at the end of the show! Who is he kidding? He barely knew she was in the group until the others left. He picked Amanda because she's easier to dump in the long run.

I found AmanDER really young-minded about a lot that one learns between the age of 20 and 30, let alone 20 and 40. For instance, bringing a gift when you first meet parents, knowing how to make a salad, blah blah blah. D'oh. At 25, she doesn't sound too independent. And I don't agree that she is only Shy. I've been shy, but I can make a salad and talk to people in a room. Good grief.

So I think that Mark really needs someone closer to his age; maybe within 5 years either way.

Won't last. Interesting show. Bummer ending. So long Mark. And Mark C. host.
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

so where was Mark Consuelos (host) this episode? I never saw him (did he appear in the beginning while I was taking care of my dog to get settled for the show?) Or did NBC not have enough to fly him to Australia? Or did Mark C. have a panic attack in the airport? or did he eliminate himself from the show? How come none of this was explained ... where did Mark C. go? [inquiring minds .... ]

+ Reply to Thread