+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

I didn't watch this from the beginning, so I'm not sure about all the other personalities that were involved with the women. Jen has nothing to worry about. I think the reason this clown didn't pick Jen is because SHE would get bored with him after a while. Maybe her comments about her sexual prowess got him scared because he can't perform.

Amanda is a dullard and a bit of a prude for a "playboy" like Mark. I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow we hear that he's in Melbourne and she's in the states. Easy to get away I guess.

This show reminded me why I don't watch the bachelor anymore.

G'day, MARK. Your tennis career was a flop as was your reality TV show.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Surprised? Yes and no. The confidant woman vs. the unformed woman. I think Jen said it best when talking to Amanda - either he wants someone he can teach or he wants someone who can teach him. Guess he likes to be on top.

Jen can look forward to a new college degree and a new career, but Amanda has only her beautiful limitations. She'll probably dance awhile longer...then what?

I found it interesting that Jen spoke to the show's environment and the development of romantic feelings because of it. It's something we've seen (or thought we saw) on other dating shows - as had she - but it became real for her.

Interesting piece of summer fluff. It was fun to see the kangaroo baby and the koala bear up close; and the Aquarium was absolutely breath taking.

I've had fun posting with all of you...time to move on.

FORT Newbie

WOW - what a bummer of a finale. Amanda may have "won" but it's such a hollow empty win (which is actually Mark P. if ever it's all real).

I agree that Jen ends up as the real "winner" here since she showed herself as the smartest and classiest person all around. Signing off, disappointed but now more grounded.

I agree SindyLew that Mark might have been intimidated by Jen's sexual prowess. He did look pretty wide eyed when she whispered her personal best record to him.

As for Jen's age...make the difference closer...if Amanda is 25, get a Jen who is 35...that's a more level playing field. Then I think Jen is chosen.

And Arielflies I agree that Jen was right...it boiled down to whether Mark wanted control or not..and obviously he DOES want on top.

As for Jen being a "bachelorette". If it's difficult finding STD free women for the Bachelor, I would guess that finding a bunch of disease free guys might prove a bit troublesome too. But, they did have Adam of Average Joe do a series, not well, but as summertime entertainment. I think Jen can do quite well capitalizing on her notoriety, all on her own.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

i don't understand how ppl believed mark would(should) choose Jennifer. 20yrs older, with a 25yr old son and twice divorced... it wouldn't matter how sweet and nice she was - that's WAAAAAY too much baggage for most 30yr old guys - esp one who wants a family of his own in the future.

I think Mark did a great job of narrowing down the 2 most sincere and genuine contestants.. i dont care what ppl say but i though amanda was lovely.

It probably wont last, but Mark has said he has no regrets, and was mostly just happy to have met a group af amazing women and the experience has "matured" him.

personally i am so glad its over because now he can finally return to tennis and start another "journey" back up the rankings.

IF they ever decide to do this again, I would suggest that they: 1) Get a better bachelor 2) get better kittens and cougars (although I think Jen was the best and she may have been choosen if she was Jayanna's age - 38) the gap was way too wide.
    Show couples that have made age difference partenerships that worked.
    Mark can swear up and down that age was not a factor, but ultimately it was.

[QUOTE=flip_fan;2509339;] "I don't understand how ppl believed mark would(should) choose Jennifer. 20yrs older, with a 25yr old son and twice divorced... it wouldn't matter how sweet and nice she was - that's WAAAAAY too much baggage for most 30yr old guys - esp one who wants a family of his own in the future.

I think Mark did a great job of narrowing down the 2 most sincere and genuine contestants.. i dont care what ppl say but i though amanda was lovely.

It probably wont last, but Mark has said he has no regrets, and was mostly just happy to have met a group af amazing women and the experience has "matured" him." QUOTE]

I enjoyed the show - it was fun. I didn't have a problem with Amanda - I think it was totally understandable that she reacted the ways she did - she seems to really care for him. She's young - but hey, she's 25 ! I didn't see any strong feelings coming from Mark and therefore I doubt it will last. I think that was the negative for me - Mark's low key personality - not really showing any emotion. I suppose the idea of an older woman could work - it has for some people - but despite Jen's good looks - 18 years is a lot of time. I thought Jen lost ground with her talk of her sexual experience. People have commented about Amanda's insecurity - or how she was portrayed. But with Jen - coming back after her dates and bragging, buying a present for M's Mother without letting Amanda know, talking about her sexual experiences - like bait to get him ---- all this speaks insecurity big time to me. Even so, I thought the suspense was there - and it was a cute idea for a show. Comparing it to "Outback Jack" - similar ending - but way more romance/sparks with "Outback Jack."

FORT Fanatic

Are they still together?

I may be way off base, but Amanda strikes me as someone who would get knocked up to keep her man. It may just be the editing the makes me feel that way. Good luck to them.

FORT Regular

Phew! A lot of disappointed, disgruntled people on this board! Well, I'm in the minority here, since I am NOT one of them! I for one am very glad he chose amanda. I still say that she came across as the most sincere & genuine in her feelings for Mark, and bottom line, that's what really mattered. GO GIRL! As far as Jen is concerned, there is a difference between being confident and being cocky. Last night, she appeared quite cocky--i especially did not appreciate the ruse of her buying a gift for M's mom--it did not appear sincere, but just her way of scoring brownie points and also, probably her way, intended or not, of making amanda feel and look bad in front of his family. :nono Could she not have discussed this gift buying with Amanda beforehand? It was not a good move on her part and backfired, imo. One thing for sure is that Mark seems very perceptive, and very caring and very sensitive to other people's feelings, so I don't see how that could have scored big with him. He probably saw right through that. IMO, he made the right choice with amanda, and i'm convinced it had NOTHING to do with age, but rather with the woman's character.
    I felt bad for amanda at his family's home, she seemed so withdrawn and ill at ease, especially with Jen monopolizing the conversation and everything else. That's when I had the inkling, however, that he was gonna dump Jen. She tried to do too much and came on way too strong. Very glad the 'silent one' won! He chose someone more like his mom, and that's wonderful. I found his family quite charming, especially his mom, and i loved how she made amanda feel more comfortable.

I'm happy for both of them, and I hope they are happy together, no matter how long it lasts. Amanda, I truly believe you care about this guy, and that you were able to look beyond the sexy tennis pro image, and really appreciate him for who he is. I agree he seems very special. That made the show "real" for me and renewed my faith in reality tv, I wish you and 'your Mark' lots of happiness, and the best of luck in your future together! I think it took a lot of guts for Mark to go through something like this, so thanks Mr. P.! I'm bummed that this show is over! Now what to watch on Monday nites... Although, hopefully, I'll be seeing you soon on some tennis court, yes?
    Last edited by jewels2312; 08-07-2007 at 12:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread