+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

^ I agree about the editing.

That said, with the switching back and forth, I swear they out-Bachelored the Bachelor. Kept it a secret, well, editing slipups aside, until the very last minute.

I cannot wait for the Bachelor!!

The show was rather a dud from the beginning. Mark never showed any emotion with these women, he looked bored to death.

FORT Newbie

Well, I tivo'd it and just hit rewind and it was immediately obvious..they really should be more on top of things like that!

A lot of people Tivo and do the rewind thing(geez, ya know how many times I've watched Nicolette Sheridans fake boobs slide up to her neck on Tivo during a DH catfight? lol)...I was really diappointed that I knew for sure from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaLee;2508899;
    Well, I tivo'd it and just hit rewind and it was immediately obvious..they really should be more on top of things like that!

A lot of people Tivo and do the rewind thing(geez, ya know how many times I've watched Nicolette Sheridans fake boobs slide up to her neck on Tivo during a DH catfight? lol)...I was really diappointed that I knew for sure from the get-go.
    I did the same thing, I couldn't help myself since they made it SO obvious! It prepared me from (almost) the beginning to assume that Mark was going to make a bad decision..

FORT Newbie

I just read the thread that has since been locked about the girls Myspace pages....what a dissapointment!

Amanda has since made her page private but the other girls...just check it out.

FORT Fan

They also showed him telling Amanda, "I'm sorry" so I think the powers-that-be thought it would confuse us if he says "It's not going to work out" to Jen and "I'm sorry" to Amanda. He could have theoretically gone on to say, "It's not going to work out... with Amanda" to Jen. Still, I admit, it wasn't the best editing in the world.

It seemed kind of obvious from the get-go that he would pick a younger woman. Wonder if this show continues, if the guy will ever pick the older woman.

FORT Fanatic

I didn't like Mark from day one and to me, he was not attractive. He looked into the camera more times than I could count and was totally aware of the "entertainment" aspect of the show.

Jen knew the score and she knew that even if he had picked her it would be short term and for one purpose....she told him about her sexual prowess and and I thought that was tacky. I suppose that she knew that they would not have a forever kind of situation and that sex was the real goal between her and Mark.

Amanda was dull and boring IMO and I'm glad that they didn't find a really smart and wonderful girl for him because he didn't deserve one after doing this mess of a show.

I have a feeling that Mark Consuelos, with help from his wife, decided that he should RUN away from this train wreck of a show.

I agree...bring on the original Bachelor.

I'm so thoroughly disappointed in this show. I really think that it started out with great promise, but seemed to fizzle. Towards the end I thought it actually would turn out not half bad. But boy was I wrong. I can't believe that he picked Amanda. I'm so very disappointed. There's so much wrong with picking her that I just can't get over it! Oh well, that's reality show life for you.

FORT Newbie

I wouldn't be surprised if Jen got her own show if the ratings for this show were good, don't know what the ratings were, doubt they were good.

I predicted in the beginning that Mark would pick a 40 something as a publicity stunt. Guess I was wrong. Jen looks great for 48, but come on, be serious, she's 48!, 30 Year Old, attractive, playboy, multimillionarie, professional atheletes don't seriously date 48 year old women, he would have been so lampooned for the obvious publicity stunt of picking a 48 year old.

I was hoping that "A-MAN-DA", was revealed at the end to have been a man that got a sex change, guess I was wrong there too . As far as Amanda goes... I think winning this contest is the worst thing that could happen to her (was there any prise money?). Barring the 1 chance in 100 that they live happily ever after, she will end up heartbroken, but even worse, she will now have unrealistic expectations regarding what kind of man that she can attract. She just strikes me as the type of woman that gagues her sense of self worth by the men she has dated in the past, and that she will forever compare other men with Mark, and not too any men can compete with a guy like Mark let alone a guy like Mark that has been put up on a pedestal by the dating show process.

FORT Fanatic

I think that if this show had any ratings at all it was from people who like The Bachelor and thought that they'd be getting something similar. This was NEVER intended as a show where someone meets their bride-to-be and Mark never really got that deep with any of the women as far as his future life was concerned. He used a lot of words like, "relationship" and "makes me laugh" and other cliches but nothing like "I am looking to get married".

I don't think that this show was about that. It was about proving that age doesn't matter. They were dead wrong. It does. It might not matter if there is a five year span or even a ten year span...but a mother-to-son age ratio? Ridiculous.

The only women I have heard of who have boyfriends who are almost 20 years younger than them are Ivana Trump and Joan Collins...and they BUY theirs. I guess that Demi Moore counts but she spent enough money to look 25!!

+ Reply to Thread