+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fan

Re: 8/06 "Finale" Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

I enjoyed the show, but was disappointed in the outcome. Eighteen years is alot of years age difference.. Amanda is only 5 years younger. In the end, I think it would be hard for anyone to chose someone eighteen years older or younger. ( Especially if he wants kids one day.) Well I wish them luck. Now, bring on the bachelor.

FORT Fan

It came on an hour ago here. Amanda won. (hope I'm allowed to post that)

FORT Fanatic

This show was a huge joke IMO. I DO agree that making Jen an older Bachelorette with age appropriate men would be a lot of fun to watch. At least I could relate for once.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-06-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2508778;
    Too bad he didn't throw in connection too.

I haven't really been following this show, but I just knew he'd pick Amanda. There were just too many cons on Jen's side, or ANY 48+ woman's side - for him to choose her . . . the biggest con being the whole 'having a child' thing. Maybe if he already had children, or had made a decision that he didn't want children, I would have a different opinion, but that right there is huge.
    If I thought there was a shot in uhh.. heck that Mark approached this show as a way to really find a long term life partner, I'd definitely agree with the 'con' you mentioned. I liked him alright, I suppose, but I never got the impression he was taking this show, or the decision, that seriously at all that the issue of potential mate, mother of his children, etc. really entered into the ultimate choice...

I COMPLETELY agree with Jen's statement at the end when she said "If I were younger, I know Mark would have chosen me" - even my husband, who I tortured into watching with me said that there would have been no contest if Jen were 30ish instead of 48.

IMO, he should have chosen Jen - she met him on equal footing and would have challenged him and heck, may have actually helped him grow a little emotionally. Instead, he took the easy and predictable choice - and the girl who is IMO really immature for a 25 year old. I just hope she isn't as 'in love' with him as she says because I predict some heartbreak in her future.

The one good thing.. watching this show made me appreciate the Bachelor for what they do well. Didn't think that was possible.
    Last edited by Secret; 08-06-2007 at 11:06 PM.

FORT Fan

my husband also said it would be hard for him to pick a woman 18 years older than him.
    i do think Jen would make a great bachelorette

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Secret...Well said - when does the Bachelor start?
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Yep, Secret, I MUCH preferred Jen as well. I haven't seen the show yet but Jen's right - had she been younger, yet the SAME Jen, she would've been chosen hands down. Even 10 years younger, I think she would've been chosen.

There were just too many things stacked against her right from the get go.

It's kind of cool though that Jen will be able to see how many people out there favored her over Amanda - not because of age but because of who she is, which is a sweetheart.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Regular

My question is . . . whatever happened to Mark Consuelos? The last we saw of him was two weeks ago when he said "you're going camping." Since then, someone who sounds a bit like him was doing the voiceovers at the beginning -- but it's definitely NOT Mark (take it from a dedicated All My Children fan).

Well, all I can think is that on these dating shows it is better to not get picked. I think Jen went on for the experience vs. finding whatever with Mark, so I am sure she is not too upset over her "loss".

FORT Newbie

I can't believe that they gave the show away!

HELLO? When they showed him telling the girl,"I don't think It'll work out" it was CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY Jens head. Reddish highlights as opposed to blonde. I was so upset and knew right away who he'd chosen.

What a bunch of crappy editing that was!

That being said, he chose who I figured he would, The Stalker, and Jen IMO is too good for him anyway.

+ Reply to Thread