+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    I think that in the past mark has chosen "arm candy"... young girls who think he is "wonderful!" and look good attached to his arm!... aka Amanda

    however, I believe that he has been shown that a real woman is much more(Jen) In the end he will choose the one that best suits his current needs....to become A list again....so he will choose Jen nice arm candy and all the connections to boot! and I think that is all she is looking for as well...someone nice looking to hang with and look good on HER arm

  2. #82
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,639

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    I really do wonder about what we've been told is the unexpected, though. I think the majority of this board sees Jen as the last woman standing rather than Amanda, and that has been played out in the edit. The only 1:1 time, not a date, we've been shown with Amanda is the all nighter in the tent. We know Mark has said he is into her, but Jen seems to get the preferential treatment from both Mark and the producers.

    Jen opened her heart after the cinderella date...ohh...did you notice how empty the streets of LA were? They must have blocked off whole sections for the carriage to drive around and around and finally stop back at the condo building. The "dark" moment was cheesy and well...the Mrs. Robinson theme came into play. I was surprised, though, that she went into girlish detail when retelling the moment to the girls. Ahhh...fodder for the Amanda edit.

    Amanda is beginning to appear as Lucretia Borgia with her sly whisperings and manipulations. Surely there is more to her (other than boobs) to make Mark light up.

    Finally, his dimples and pleas didn't sway Maria...speaking of swaying - the dress Maria wore to the date would have been perfect for salsa dancing. There was no need to dress her in outlandish ruffles that did nothing for her womanly form. I am surprised, though, that he asked her to stay when, on the date, being Maria in his opinion, threw a wet blanket over the experience. Amanda did gloat, though, didn't she? More fodder for her whispers if Maria had stayed.

    Poor, little Megan. So at sea with the high tea. Jen would have pulled that off beautifully, but it wasn't at night which is where TPTB wanted to place her. I felt for Megan's panic attack. No warning about the flight so she could at least prepare herself. Though, I must say, even with two months warning, I then have two months of anxiety. So, Megan, finish your schooling and do good things. Well, one could hope.

    Anyway - off to meet the folks. In preview - I see that once again Jen states her age before his family. We're now to the showdown between inviting, enticing, lovely Jen and sly, snide tattler Amanda. TPTB have set us up for a Jen win, maybe the surprise is an Amanda win (and, hopefully for Mark's sake, a quick dumping.)

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey psucashcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania ...Is it Spring yet?
    Posts
    2,039

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2496989;
    Anyway - off to meet the folks. In preview - I see that once again Jen states her age before his family. We're now to the showdown between inviting, enticing, lovely Jen and sly, snide tattler Amanda. TPTB have set us up for a Jen win, maybe the surprise is an Amanda win (and, hopefully for Mark's sake, a quick dumping.)
    I am really skittish about assuming a Jen win, although in ordinary reality dating showdom, Amanda is getting a losing edit and Jen getting the winning edit. I keep remembering Average Joe and how you thought that Bachelorette A was into Adam, but picked pretty boy instead. My only solid feeling that it is Jen is that Mark is still supposedly dating the "winner". As I said earlier, if Amanda wins on a positive note, then she's doing a 180 degree turn in Australia and Jen is going to have to pull a Moana and completely alienate Mark's family. Now to wait for the previews.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    However, somewhere on here I remember reading that supposidly he is still with the woman he picks....I can't believe that he would still be with Amanda..unless as you say there is something to her we haven't had the privilege of seeing.

    i am still wondering if the "big surprise" will be Megan in Australia....maybe she will find a way there...or maybe TPTB will actually get her some meds to help with the flight!....

    Where are ever powerful sluethers!!! get me some scoop!!!!!

  5. #85
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    For some reason, I don't see Amanda as most of you do. I get the impression that very early on he told her she was "the one" and asked her to bear with him as the show played out, but she is finding that harder and harder to do. Most of the stuff she has told him does seem like tattling if in fact there is no understanding between them. But if they had some sort of agreement, then what she is saying is exactly what any woman would say in her position. The other women are coming back from dates describing intimate scenes and she's saying "WTF??" And because of the rules of the show, she can't really confront him because he isn't allowed to choose one girl early on. So all she can really do is whimper a little and say "it hurts to hear that."

    I think his final choice is Amanda, and I think he had chosen her by the second or third epidose.

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey Luvstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by alanb;2496588;
    I still think there will be a big twist at the end. "If you think you know who's going to win, think again"

    Maybe Megan surprises Mark in Australia and he doesn't pick Amanda or Jen.

    Anyone else see a twist coming?
    Megan showing up and sweeping Mark out from under both Amanda & Jen would be very surprising to both of them. Can you imagine how they would take it? Amanda would probably complain to Mark that Megan said she wasn't into him . Jen would probably laugh and say they had great chemistry while it lasted and he'll be sorry for what he's missing . It will be interesting to watch to see just what happens!!!

  7. #87
    everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,609

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2496989;
    Poor, little Megan.


    Did anyone else think the high tea was in stark contrast to the surroundings it was served in? I didn't see one doily.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2496989;
    Jen would have pulled that off beautifully, but it wasn't at night which is where TPTB wanted to place her.
    I got the impression that Mark chose which women would go on which dates. He said something like it was "another opportunity to see Jen in a bikini", and that he saved the best for last. He also said Megan got the tea, because they hadn't had much "alone time".

    Amanda's pretty tightly wound. I don't think it's just with the ladies. Outside of the "game", I can see her saying, "that waitress was making eyes at you", or "I don't trust your friend's girlfriend".

    I think at this point Mark just wants to get the hell out of Dodge. If he looks at which of the two will be the easiest to break up with, after they've been "chosen", that would be Jen. Amanda seems a little too Glenn Close-ish, and big strong Mark might do well to be a little afraid.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2497226;


    I think at this point Mark just wants to get the hell out of Dodge. .
    Nicely put!...and if you think back to the ESPN article supposidly when Maria told Mark off he came running out of the room wonderding what the *&^& these women want from him!

    I too believe he has a tougher time dealing with all this than appears, and I think that he is finding it alarming that he is attracted to women who are much older than he is used to dating.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey pminn1608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maggie and Pearl's house
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by alanb;2496588;
    I still think there will be a big twist at the end. "If you think you know who's going to win, think again"

    Maybe Megan surprises Mark in Australia and he doesn't pick Amanda or Jen.

    Anyone else see a twist coming?
    Totally agree with your post,,I also think the twist is Megan,,did you see the comments he made to the camera after telling her goodbye and what he said about kissing her. I thought that goodbye was rather intimate for so little time together, there was something there we didnt catch or were not shown before.JMO

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California Wine Country. Cheers!
    Posts
    1,466

    Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2497023;
    I am really skittish about assuming a Jen win, although in ordinary reality dating showdom, Amanda is getting a losing edit and Jen getting the winning edit.
    I'm suspecting that Amanda is getting the "losing edit" because she is hands down his choice, and to not edit it that way would have taken all the suspense out of the process. If it doesn't play out that way, I will be surprised. But not sad, because I never did like Amanda. Having said that...

    Quote Originally Posted by alanb;2496588;
    I still think there will be a big twist at the end. "If you think you know who's going to win, think again"
    Maybe Megan surprises Mark in Australia and he doesn't pick Amanda or Jen.
    Anyone else see a twist coming?
    That would be a great twist! But I would actually rather see Mark pick Amanda than that spoiled little girl Megan.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.