+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS****

I was looking forward to Mark meeting the women's families tonight and saw nothing. As for Amanda, she continues to get a pretty lousy edit if she really wasn't that obsessed. And why didn't Amanda get any of the pre-planned single dates if Mark's connection w/her is so strong. And I'm really getting tired of Amanda tattling on the other women especially when the retelling is not completely accurate. But hey it worked for her twice before, so go for it. If Amanda is going to win this thing, then there is going to be a 180 degree reversal in her storyline next week because right now I don't see her as sympathetic. She is making Trish from Jesse's Bachelor season look like a slacker. But if that is what Mark wants..okee doekey. But I definitely like Mark, especially his sense of humor retelling about Jen's comment about his body like a Greek god.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Regular

I missed last night's episode, (major breakdown in our cable provider). So what happens? Did both women (Maria and Megan) eliminate themselves??

Pretty much....Maria eliminated herself during the 1 on 1 chats...although he told her he was going to ask her to stay.....and poor Megan just couldn't get on the plane and fly to Oz..although she gave it a good try! So that just leaves Amanda and Jen.

In a clip for next week...our dear Amanda makes reference to the fact that can't beleive she is uup against a 40 year old. Funny that the ESPN article pegged her as the 40 year old!(based on the dress colors-they wore last night)....

Wonder if she has read that article since filiming has stopped...she may not be a happy camper...
    Last edited by fan*addict; 07-31-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Yes. Maria eliminated herself pre-ceremony, even though Mark told her he would have asked her to stay that night. Megan had a panic attack in the airport and couldn't get on the plane to Australia.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2496849;
    Yes. Maria eliminated herself pre-ceremony, even though Mark told her he would have asked her to stay that night. Megan had a panic attack in the airport and couldn't get on the plane to Australia.
    So he had planned to let Megan go, but couldn't since Maria eliminated herself first? In other words, Megan stuck around by default? It's just as well she couldn't get on that plane since Mark had no intentions of keeping her around. What a strange, awkward scenario...

I would love it if next week, Meagan comes back on the show and makes her way to Australia somehow, as someone else suggested. That would be an awesome twist!

What's up with that, Maria eliminating herself? Poor thing can't handle being rejected.

Megan, you are the imo. You handled yourself with class and excellence throughout this whole process.

hmmm i dont think it would happen... but it would make good tv if Megan showed up unexpected in Melbourne and declared her feelings for Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2496305;
    And I hate to say it, but Amanda dresses like a cheap hooker -- her clothes are so tacky. Giant cross? Electric blue satin? She looks like one of the trampy girls at my Long Island high school circa 1989.
    Yeah and was that one of her earrings on her arm?

FORT Regular

The more I think about last night's ep--the more I realize what a mess it was.

I wish they would have told us--

--*how many* women they had planned to send home

--*which ones* Mark would have sent home if things had gone as planned.

Because as it stands now--the two women left could be the ones Mark had planned to eliminate--

--which pretty much would negate the whole reason for the show.

So--what do you think?

Who was he planning to keep?

He told Maria that he was planning to keep her.

Did that mean he would have *had* to send Jen home?

And he displayed so much feeling about Megan's having to leave(He seemed almost distraught when he was talking about their kiss by the cab--"Our first kiss--why now?")--does that mean he was ready to send Amanda packing?

If neither of the two remaining women is a choice he was going to make--then maybe the "surprise" of the finale is that he chooses NEITHER one!

FORT Regular

I thought Maria did what her heart was telling her she had some of the same insecurities other women on the show had about wanting it to just be between them and Mark and no one else. Yes it is a dating show but it is amazing to watch how in this small micro world their feelings just get magnified. I think that being older Maria knew how to handle it and verbalize it better than others. Maria was always sincere and always there for the rest of the ladies I think you will see she will be missed.

FORT Regular

Riskmikey--I thought Mark's reaction to Maria's decision to leave was interesting.

He said--"I get you! I finally get you!"--said almost as a whine.

I took that to mean that he finally understood who she was and what hurts him the most is not that she's leaving--but that he is not getting something he wants--more time with her.

IMO even with his flashes of "insight" into the women, the person whose feelings and needs are uppermost on Mark's mind is Mark.

+ Reply to Thread