+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2489325;
    Well, Mark has to think hard:

When Amanda is 48, she won't look nearly as good as Jen does now.

On the other hand, when Amanda is 48, Jen will be 70.
    I still say that Mark is looking for someone interesting to date. He isn't looking to marry any of these women. Originally he thought that all of the women he would be choosing from were 40 plus. He's already said that he wants kids some day and despite Kelli's surprising comment about wanting kids (she's already 40), he isn't going to have them with any of these women.

During the Truth or Dare segment Jen chose "Truth". Mark asked her a convoluted question that I interpreted to be "How many times have you been involved in a strictly physical relationship?" OR "How many times have you experience lust at first sight?" It sounded like he was fishing.

What is the age difference between Ashton and Demi?

I liked Amanda at the beginning of the season, but too many things about her just don't add up. I can't help but feel that she is playing a part. She knew right away that Jayanna was playing mind games during the heart to heart. Maybe in this case it takes one to know one. Her boobs looks less natural than Barbie's and I have a real problem getting past that when she wears anything with a plunging neckline.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2489585;
    I liked Amanda at the beginning of the season, but too many things about her just don't add up. I can't help but feel that she is playing a part. She knew right away that Jayanna was playing mind games during the heart to heart. Maybe in this case it takes one to know one. Her boobs looks less natural than Barbie's and I have a real problem getting past that when she wears anything with a plunging neckline.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. and I can't get past her boobs. Lord!

FORT Regular

I'm still hoping it's Amanda, but well, if he ends up with Jennifer, that to me can only mean one thing: that he wasn't able to connect with any of the women on this show. If he was looking for a serious relationship, someone to settle down with, he just didn't find it here, period. JMHO. He may have been hoping to find his soulmate, but seriously, if Jen is F1, then it just didn't happen for him on this show. Anyway, that question was never quite clear to me to begin with: what exactly was Mark looking for??? What did he want out of this? Did he say? If he did, I don't recall.

Any one else feel like I do?

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I think the 40's/20's thing freaked Mark out, and he never got his equilibrium back. First he thinks his "selections" are in their forties. Then in come "selections" in their twenties. Poor Mark, he probably felt like he was meeting the daughters! You could see on his face how creeped out he was, when he met both sets of women. I think he checked out right then and there. My guess is Jen will be his choice. Given his "reality", Jen will make the most sense to him, plus she does turn him on more than any of the other women.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2490009;
    I think the 40's/20's thing freaked Mark out, and he never got his equilibrium back. First he thinks his "selections" are in their forties. Then in come "selections" in their twenties. Poor Mark, he probably felt like he was meeting the daughters! You could see on his face how creeped out he was, when he met both sets of women. I think he checked out right then and there. My guess is Jen will be his choice. Given his "reality", Jen will make the most sense to him, plus she does turn him on more than any of the other women.
    i totally agree... i think if it was what he originally hoped it was going to be then it may be a different story. He was expecting all the women to be in their 20's, he was expecting a range of 12 - 16 women to choose from - like the bachelor... instead he got 7 women in their 40's whom some have already been through divorce twice and have children in their 20's. Then he meets only 6 women in their 20's.. who i don't think are really Mark's type.. Amanda is the close, but not "the one"..

Now he's stuck trying to please 2 different generations of women and not come out of it looking like an a-hole (almost impossible). The whole point of the show was to find out if age matters.. and for Mark it does, he's trying to go along with it and keep an open mind, but ultimately age does matter when the guy is a "young" 30yr old who does want to get married in the future and have his own children.

I feel sorry for all the women and for mark, it's been fun watching but i don't think we'll get a lasting "love connection" from this show.. more like great friends.

FORT Regular

Mark came on the show to meet someone he did not want a "marriage" show like the bachelor. He has said that in several interviews. I think he was surprised by how he ended up really connecting with some of the women.. We know he has said he is still with the one he picked so maybe he did find love? The reason I think a lot of these couples don't stay together is that they date steadely for 30 days everyday they see each other (one on one date or not they still talk) then after taping they can't see each other or be seen in public until the final show has aired... That must be very hard on them.

FORT Regular

I agree with flip fan re: not a lasting love connection, just great friends. But it will still be fun to see how long they last. Obviously, they both like dating outside their own age groups--he's dated younger women and her last boyfriend was what? 23? Yikes! So maybe that's the connection, who knows? I still find the whole thing very odd, though. I was not expecting that...18 years is a big age gap for sure.

FORT Regular

Dont be so sure..

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

ok... riskmikey I know you can't say, but all your hints are making me think it's Amanda afterall, but actually, I wouldn't mind it being Megan, if we could see a little more romance between them.
    I finally saw the preview of Mark and Jen for next week and I must say "whoa!.. that sounded like one hot massage session in the dark!"
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Hey guys, with the truth or dare game and the dropping of drawers, felt I just had to interject this smiley!

+ Reply to Thread