+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2488066;
    I think there will be three episodes left and will eliminate in following order:
    4 down to 3: keeping: Jen, Amanda and Megan eliminating Maria
    3 down to 2: keeping: Jen and Amanda sending Megan home
    and I want him to pick Jen over Amanda but think he will pick Amanda over Jen. Megan is too young for serious relationships or marriage, she is sweet but a little bit dingy. Part of the dinginess though was that she had too much to drink which is not a quality that Mark is admiring in her (she will not be in f2 for that reason.) We have spoiler picks of what is believed to be f2 in other thread and common consensus is that the f2 are Amanda and Jen.
    IK we've already deduced who we think the F2 are, but I gotta say that I think when it comes down to age, that saying someone at 21 isn't ready to settle down is wrong. I met my husband when we were both partying 21 year-olds and 12 years later, we are still happily married.

I think, in life, it all comes down to the individuals....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2488072;
    Cerese, I think you hit the nail on the head with Megan and the clip of her saying "No, no, no" she must not have wanted to fly but she may still make the trip
    I hope she does; I really like her and don't believe the edit she got last night. If I were her and I decided to fly, I would be in Mark's lap the entire flight (for added safety, of course).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2488449;
    IK we've already deduced who we think the F2 are, but I gotta say that I think when it comes down to age, that saying someone at 21 isn't ready to settle down is wrong. I met my husband when we were both partying 21 year-olds and 12 years later, we are still happily married.

I think, in life, it all comes down to the individuals....
    It isn't her age that makes her immature. I had a friend marry at nineteen the other day and she is mature and ready for marriage. It is not Megan's age that makes her immature it is her naive outlook and immature behavior (sp?) that gives her away as immature. I totally agree that it isn't age that determines maturity as Jayanna was the most immature of all of them.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Newbie

Based on Mark P.'s KTLA live interview on June 18 (after the final was taped) I think he will choose/chose JEN. After they showed a film clip (apparently he didn't know which one) of their first encounter, he flashed a huge grin and looked absolutely thrilled. I doubt he would react that way if she was the F2. You can watch the interview online through KTLA. com, under video of Celebrities or Morning Show, June 18, Mark Philippoussis.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;2488255;
    Amanda's insecurities come from the fact that she genuinally cares about this guy, so, naturally she perceives all the other women as threats. That's a normal reaction to have when you really care about someone who happens to be dating 5 women at once. Right now, she appears to me to be the only one who is sincere about her feelings for Mark. Albeit the editing, I don't feel anything from any of the other women.

I'm more and more convinced Mark will pick Amanda, she tells him how she feels about him and is not afraid to show it. That's a big turn on for a guy, he is reassured in her feelings for him so he's really free to express himself and be affectionate towards her and I think that's the way it should be. I'd be very surprised if he picked someone else. Amanda doesn't care for this ''contest'' anymore since she has fallen for him. But the remaining women should really ask themselves: are they in this just to win, or do they seriously, genuinally care about this guy? I bet Mark couldn't wait to get the whole process over with so he and Amanda could get back to their real lives and real dating. I'm not at all convinced that this is going to turn into a long-term relationship, far from it, but I don't think that a long term relationship has to necessarily be the ultimate goal here, either. Right now, I do see some sparks between them and I just hope that they are able to continue their journey and find some happiness, for however long it lasts.

IMO, Megan should be the next to go, she's there for the ride, but does not seem to have any serious feelings for Mark.

I'm with you Jewels! I hope he picks her too.

When you said..... she appears to me to be the only one who is sincere about her feelings for Mark. - You took the words right out of my mouth. All of the other girls, esp. Jayanna, imo do not look interested in Mark as a person, but intrested in the whole game process. If any others are close to wanting to know Mark, I'd say Jen, thank goodness they are the final 2!

Anyway, Who cares that we may be the only two Amanda and Mark supporters, I think they are great together!

i like amanda too, she freaks me out a little when she's gets that jelous look on her face... but when she talks in her interviews she comes across as a sweetheart who just happens to have a major crush on a guy and wasn't expecting to feel so strongly.

jen seems like a gorgeous person but she does look her age (shallow comment - can't help it!) and seeing her kiss Mark makes me uncomfortable.

i love megan, she makes me laugh every time she speaks.. i find it strange megan and mark haven't kissed. Surely if she makes it to final 3 they will get closer. So far it seems luck has kept her in the show.

I think the most interesting part of the episode was Mark calling amanda "babe". To me thats kinda serious talk... usually guys call their girlfriends that. He does not speak/act the same way with the other women. With Maria they seem like good friends, when they kiss its not passionate or loving.

Even though Mark claims "age isn't an issue" when he is with Jen it still seems a little awkward. Most of the time when he's with Amanda he moves in for the kiss and gives her affection, she certainly has never had to ask for it like the other women.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2489151;
    I'm with you Jewels! I hope he picks her too.

When you said..... she appears to me to be the only one who is sincere about her feelings for Mark. - You took the words right out of my mouth. All of the other girls, esp. Jayanna, imo do not look interested in Mark as a person, but intrested in the whole game process. If any others are close to wanting to know Mark, I'd say Jen, thank goodness they are the final 2!

Anyway, Who cares that we may be the only two Amanda and Mark supporters, I think they are great together!
    I liked her too, in the beginning, but she is starting to creep me out a little with her obsession for him. I like Jen alot, but I have a little creepiness with knowing her age and seeing them together. If I didn't know she was 48 she would be my pick for him. The other two I do not like at all, so I guess I really do not have a favorite now, but I do hope it comes down to Jen/Amanda. Those are the two that he seems to be the most attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by braungirl;2489307;
    I like Jen alot, but I have a little creepiness with knowing her age and seeing them together. If I didn't know she was 48 she would be my pick for him.
    Well, Mark has to think hard:

When Amanda is 48, she won't look nearly as good as Jen does now.

On the other hand, when Amanda is 48, Jen will be 70.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2489325;
    Well, Mark has to think hard:

When Amanda is 48, she won't look nearly as good as Jen does now.

On the other hand, when Amanda is 48, Jen will be 70.
    So true!

I agree with Jewels too . I think that Mark will end up with Amanda. She is not getting the best edit at times, but even with that, when they actually speak to her on camera, she comes across fairly well. They are really trying to play up the obsessed bit, and sometimes the scene splicing is poorly done IMO. Anyways, I have found this show better than I thought it would be with Maria, Jayanna, Mary (and now Megan) providing some really solid entertainment. I like that it is almost over, and won't drag on too long.

+ Reply to Thread