+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Here we go with the "making of a show" again. It's all in the fine tuning after the fact. Emotionally for the women and for me, this episode was all over the map: from over-confidence to under-confidence with a tad bit of liquor thrown in. Stirring the cauldron we had a bit of Jayana, a lot of Maria and dollops of Jen and Megan, with Amanda fluffed up into a chocolate souffle.

The only comedic bit featured in this maelstorm was when Mark almost singed his eyebrows. His attempt at macho backfired (literally.)

Maria's spiritual being perception is off the mark - I agree with Randal. She became very sloppy in the spotlight.

I wonder if Jayana truly appreciated the fairy light bower as romantic with the dancing or thoughts of how to use it as a stage for advancement came into play. I still remember one of the first videos put out before the show where she and Mark are in the limo. At first I thought she was a producer because she was trying to position him for a make-out session and he looked very uncomfortable. I'm glad she's gone.

I still can't get over the fact that Jen is on this show. The pressure in this episode almost sent her home - but like with Maria, Mark was able to bring her back to the fold. Why? If she is looking for a stable relationship, she won't find it here, so I'm questioning her motives.

Megan should have learned a lesson about her alchohol capacity before going on the show. It doesn't bode well for her real life dating if she has blackouts. The girl should find her limit early and stick to it, or worse than being a stumbling drunk could find her.

Then there is Amanada. Is he so sure of her that he leaves her "walk" for last and then runs out of time? It seems this has happened before to her. I don't blame her for wanting that "walk" even if it happens in his tent. His tent was larger than theirs anyway. I do applaud her for keeping her mouth shut the next morning (if only in edit) because that allowed Jayana's spiteful claws to sharpen and made it that much easier for Mark to leave her there with her thumb out for a ride.

So - where do the editors/storytellers take us from here? Preview shows fairytale dates ahead...come on, though - Jen as Cinderella? Sloppy Maria has got to go, then young Megan next. And that leaves a show-down between the two women who profess to really, really like him. Will Mark review his contract?

FORT Regular

Cafegirl not necessarily giving any nod you have not seen all the upcoming dates some are incredible and just might change Marks mind...I think you will be very surpised next week as to how things shape up for the trip of the final 3 to Oz. Jens attraction to Mark is very real all of the women seemed very attracted and interested in Mark only a few were attracted to him as a man and not a contest. Jen is attracted to Mark as a man It is very interesting to see how they do this Maria and Megan got a really bad rap this week too. Poor Megan was made to look like some poor naive drunk girl when she did not drink any more than the rest. She will give us some surprises in the weeks to come She is stronger than we have seen. Next week with the families will be too much fun who will show up? Moms and Dads? Children? Siblings? As shy as Mark is how will he handle the pressure???

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2487954;
    Mark seems to be looking for someone he can have fun with - and also has strong feelings for, feels comfortable with etc. Jen might fit that bill - maybe he has fallen in love with her - is she really 48 ? But if he is serious about wanting children eventually, it seems odd that he is picking Jen. 18 years is a big age difference for a relationship. It seems like a lot of the show is scripted. Would Amanda really walk by herself all over the woods looking for him ? Was Megan overdoing her drunken silliness a little ? Jayanna and Maria - they all seem to be exaggerations of characters. Is Megan going to refuse (out of fear) to go on an airplane to go to Australia ?
    Maybe that's how we get down to the final 2 ... It's just seeming more and more a show rather than any hint at reality.
    Cerese, I think you hit the nail on the head with Megan and the clip of her saying "No, no, no" she must not have wanted to fly but she may still make the trip

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2488066;
    I think there will be three episodes left and will eliminate in following order:
    4 down to 3: keeping: Jen, Amanda and Megan eliminating Maria
    3 down to 2: keeping: Jen and Amanda sending Megan home
    and I want him to pick Jen over Amanda but think he will pick Amanda over Jen. Megan is too young for serious relationships or marriage, she is sweet but a little bit dingy. Part of the dinginess though was that she had too much to drink which is not a quality that Mark is admiring in her (she will not be in f2 for that reason.) We have spoiler picks of what is believed to be f2 in other thread and common consensus is that the f2 are Amanda and Jen.
    bevorules, there are 8 episodes scheduled, so that means 2 are left. The TVguide edisode description says 3 go to Australia and then he narrows it down to 2 in the same show.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2488081;
    bevorules, there are 8 episodes scheduled, so that means 2 are left. The TVguide edisode description says 3 go to Australia and then he narrows it down to 2 in the same show.
    Thank you. I was unfamiliar with TV guide timeline. That makes it even better than drawing it out like the Bachelor does. Thank you for the correction. I can own when I make mistakes. LOL!
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by riskmikey;2488033;
    It is amasing what editing and staging does for how the contestants are preceived by the audience. JEn is not as sweet and nice as she has been shown if you look at some of the things they didnt edit out you will see her laughing when Mary was eliminated and her and Jayana spent a lot of time together that should show you something. I Agree with Jewels Mark was able to see through a lot of the bs but we also don't see he spent a lot more time with the women we dont see so he was able to know them better than what is shown. The edits also make Amanda look insecure and needy which is not the case. Maria is a bit mother earth but she always gave any of the women a sholder to cry one and was very supportive of all the ladies. Megan is not the airhead they are showing either.
    Thank you Riskmikey - that is reassuring to know that the editing is doing a number on some of these girls. I'm looking forward to the next episodes - would love to know if he was quite attracted to Megan but she wasn't interested in him... She does add flavor, is young - and it's nice to know that she isn't as dipsy as she appears to be on the show. Amanda has her issues but she seems more down to earth, vulnerable than some of the others. I don't doubt that Jen is quite attracted to Marc - but it baffles me that she wants a relationship with him - and why ???

FORT Regular

Amanda's insecurities come from the fact that she genuinally cares about this guy, so, naturally she perceives all the other women as threats. That's a normal reaction to have when you really care about someone who happens to be dating 5 women at once. I think she's showing all the normal reactions / reservations about this whole process. Right now, she appears to me to be the only one who is sincere about her feelings for Mark. Albeit the editing, I don't feel anything from any of the other women.

I'm more and more convinced Mark will pick Amanda, she tells him how she feels about him and is not afraid to show it. That's a big turn on for a guy, he is reassured in her feelings for him so he's really free to express himself and be affectionate towards her and I think that's the way it should be. I'd be very surprised if he picked someone else. Amanda doesn't care for this ''contest'' anymore since she has fallen for him. But the remaining women should really ask themselves: are they in this just to win, or do they seriously, genuinally care about this guy? I bet Mark couldn't wait to get the whole process over with so he and Amanda could get back to their real lives and real dating. I'm not at all convinced that this is going to turn into a long-term relationship, far from it, but I don't think that a long term relationship has to necessarily be the ultimate goal here, either. Right now, I do see some sparks between them and I just hope that they are able to continue their journey and find some happiness, for however long it lasts.

IMO, Megan should be the next to go, she's there for the ride, but does not seem to have any serious feelings for Mark.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2487505;
    I totally disagree! Jayanna was being a manipulator (like always) & trying to get the others to doubt Mark's sincerity & themselves, so that she could be in a better position. I haven't liked her from the beginning, everything she says & does seems very calculated. And I couldn't believe she had the nerve to say Amanda was aggressive. Pot meet kettle...Jayanna was the most aggressive women on the show, by a mile! No one else even approached her level of aggressiveness. I am so glad she's finally gone.
    IA. I liked Jayanna, but she definitely wasn't just 'sharing her wisdom' with the girls. I'm surprised at Amanda, though-- can we say, STALKER!!! Seriously, trying to crash the party-- reminds me of someone from the last episode.... hmmm... anyone remember headcase Mary who crashed his walk with Megan!!

Sadly, I guess this means we can assume he chooses Amanda in the end b/c this is the second time he got rid of someone who was too overconfident when Amanda decided she didn't like them (Kelli and now Jayanna). (sigh) Say it isn't so....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2488286;
    IA. I liked Jayanna, but she definitely wasn't just 'sharing her wisdom' with the girls. I'm surprised at Amanda, though-- can we say, STALKER!!! Seriously, trying to crash the party-- reminds me of someone from the last episode.... hmmm... anyone remember headcase Mary who crashed his walk with Megan!!

Sadly, I guess this means we can assume he chooses Amanda in the end b/c this is the second time he got rid of someone who was too overconfident when Amanda decided she didn't like them (Kelli and now Jayanna). (sigh) Say it isn't so....
    I don't think Mark got rid of Jayanna necessarily because Amanda didn't like her, but because she was manipulative and underhanded and made the women mistrust Mark and his feelings for them. It had more to do with Jayanna's flaw of character than anything else. What she did/said just completely turned him off, and rightfully so. He made the right call.

FORT Fogey

I think he's most compatible with Jen.

I'm really worried he's going to pick Amanda, I just don't like her.

+ Reply to Thread