+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Well, that episode was more entertaining than the last three seasons of The Bachelor, combined! Looks like control freak Amanda has it in the bag right now - as the other three are all easy cuts. I like the way Mark dismissed Jayanna without any softening comments, just "You told stories - I don't like that - get out." Bravo! Although he could just as easily given the same speech to Amanda and thrown her out.

Megan is just a little girl, and I'm tired of her act - even though she looks a little like actress Jewel Staite, who played Kaylee in "Firefly" and "Serenity". Maria is way too ego-driven to be as spiritual as she claims. "I take life seriously!" What?!? Spiritual people have a good laugh at life and don't take it seriously - that's how you can always identify them. Dalai Lama, anyone? Jen is still too old, though as I said before: in her mid-twenties she would have been far superior to any of the others.

Substitute Tessa and Lynn for Maria and Megan and Mark would have a better Final Four...but none of these women are going to work out for him, long-term.

What a horrible episode. Amanda is psycho. She's that crazy girlfriend that becomes that crazy stalker ex. I can't believe she actually went out to find them and then waited in his tent for him when she couldn't. She is definitely unstable or something. However, I do think that her telling Mark about Jayanna was very calculated. When she told him about Kellie, she was let go and she had every reason to think that the same would happen to Jayanna. And it did. I think she acted purely out of spiteful crazy jealousy.

Megan is so sweet and cute that she makes me sick.

Jenn needs to run as fast and as far away from Mark as she can. She's too good for him.

Funny you should mention Tessa because I was thinking that Maria has watched The Bachelor because she's playing the hard to get and chase me card that Tessa did....and its working.

I don't think Mark is seriously interested in a long-term or even shot-term relationship so it doesn't really matter which he chooses.

I am so glad Jayanna is gone. I thought at beginning of episode that Mark would cut Maria but Jayanna was the trouble maker. I do agree that Mark isn't in it for the long haul and relationship with any of these women won't last, but I admire him for giving the troublemaker the boot. Speaking of Bachelor, this reminded me of Tahoe dates. Take them out of the house to an outdoor location and sit back and watch them interact. Mark could tell early in episode that Jayanna is the troublemaker and had to go immediately like Andy did with Stephanie TN, Kate and Nicole. Maria will go next as she is a little too much for him I think. Megan is just too young. If Mark is the Athlete that thinks like an athlete he will chose Amanda because she is young enough for him (his last ex was 20) but I actually think Jen is a better person. Too bad Mark isn't 40 because then they would be perfect together. Last night was my first episode to watch the whole thing and no matter how cheesy it was, it was a guilty pleasure and I will probably watch until the finale.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Regular

After last night's episode, I find Mark is one upstanding guy! Kudos to him for seeing through Jayanna and her manipulative ways.
    He obviously will not put up with any kind of manipulation or backstabbing on the part of the women, and I think that says a lot about his character and the kind of person he is. He obviously respects and cares enough about these women not to let that kind of negativity infiltrate the group. I find that totally comendable. Ladies, there is definitely something special about this guy, and I hope you are smart enough to realize that, beyond the cute ''arss'' and the sexy smile, he has a lot more to offer. He has a lot of special qualities, and really seems like a kind, caring individual with integrity. His parents obviously brought him up right! Thanks Mark for being not just a super sexy athlete, but above all, a really sweet and sensitive guy!

I think that, out of all the ladies, Amanda is seeing beyond the good looks and really starting to appreciate Mark for his qualities and for the man that he is. Good for her to be able to do that! I really believe she wants to win, but for all the right reasons. I also heard him call her ''Babe''...wow, I think she's it. Game over, I think Amanda's the one. And deservedly so.

FORT Regular

It is amasing what editing and staging does for how the contestants are preceived by the audience. JEn is not as sweet and nice as she has been shown if you look at some of the things they didnt edit out you will see her laughing when Mary was eliminated and her and Jayana spent a lot of time together that should show you something. I Agree with Jewels Mark was able to see through a lot of the bs but we also don't see he spent a lot more time with the women we dont see so he was able to know them better than what is shown. The edits also make Amanda look insecure and needy which is not the case. Maria is a bit mother earth but she always gave any of the women a sholder to cry one and was very supportive of all the ladies. Megan is not the airhead they are showing either.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2487954;
    Mark seems to be looking for someone he can have fun with - and also has strong feelings for, feels comfortable with etc. Jen might fit that bill - maybe he has fallen in love with her - is she really 48 ? But if he is serious about wanting children eventually, it seems odd that he is picking Jen. 18 years is a big age difference for a relationship. It seems like a lot of the show is scripted. Would Amanda really walk by herself all over the woods looking for him ? Was Megan overdoing her drunken silliness a little ? Jayanna and Maria - they all seem to be exaggerations of characters. Is Megan going to refuse (out of fear) to go on an airplane to go to Australia ?
    Maybe that's how we get down to the final 2 ... It's just seeming more and more a show rather than any hint at reality.
    Wow Cerese you are very smart you are seeing through a lot of things do you have insider knowledge? I can tell you the walk was not spontaneous, words were edited and put in including a Name that came up on who was talking trash... Some are not as sweet as we think some are not as silly or manipulative as we think.... I think you are right on about what you are thinking...

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riskmikey;2488033;
    It is amasing what editing and staging does for how the contestants are preceived by the audience. JEn is not as sweet and nice as she has been shown if you look at some of the things they didnt edit out you will see her laughing when Mary was eliminated and her and Jayana spent a lot of time together that should show you something. I Agree with Jewels Mark was able to see through a lot of the bs but we also don't see he spent a lot more time with the women we dont see so he was able to know them better than what is shown. The edits also make Amanda look insecure and needy which is not the case. Maria is a bit mother earth but she always gave any of the women a sholder to cry one and was very supportive of all the ladies. Megan is not the airhead they are showing either.
    riskmikey, I think you're pretty much giving us the nod as to who is the final girl er *cough* er Amanda (which is not surprising considering how he acts arounds her) but I don't care how much she is into him, no one was feeding her lines when she rats out Kelli and even Jayanna (and I know Jayanna said everything and to her this was a contest to "win" and not necessarily caring if the win included Mark Mark was right to call her out on it because as someone said, it wasn't just to Amanda she said the stuff but to Mark also on their date). I just don't respect anyone th*this includes Jayanna and Amanda) who is desperate enough to rat out others........ in real life or reality tv! She (Amanda) has to contribute the words and actions to some extent to get the desperate edit she's getting, although I can see how the producers are exploiting it. I honestly like Megan, immature at times and all.... she's acting like most 21 year olds that I know and that's not a bad thing! .
    Riskmikey, I did see the undercurrents of Jen's edit, especially this week, when she makes the sly looks or rolling eyes at the others, especially the 20 girls and Maria. I can be catty when I want (in a humorous way, of course ) but there's a difference between "snarky" humor and cattiness in the form of making fun or looking down on another. I don't know if I'd call Jen out in that context, I still find her likeable, but she and Jayanna were pretty catty when they were together, at the other girl's expense. I'm curious, riskmikey if you find Jen's attraction to Mark to be fake or real?
    Last edited by cafegirl; 07-24-2007 at 11:49 AM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Regular

I agree that last night's show was fun. Unfortunately we were having storms here so I missed a lot of the first part.

I've been thinking about how I feel about Megan.

I decided that she would fun to sit with at an all-female party--like a shower--but that there would be no way to have anything like a serious conversation about anything important with her.

For me she embodies the meaning of the term "airhead."

If Mark chooses her I'd be very disappointed because I too am coming to see him as someone with some depth and not just a "pretty boy"--though he certainly is pleasing to look at.

If I were helping him choose I'd advise him to toss any criteria dealing with externals--including thinking he'd have to have his own children rather than adopting--and just go with what his heart tells him about who is most "satisfying" to be with.

From other shows like this I'm guessing there are only two to three eps left.

What does anyone else think?

And yes--I'm with the people who are finding this show more and more entertaining as time goes on. If he chooses Megan I'd pull one of those family specials and not go to the wedding and not send a gift.

I must be watching a different show than y'all because I don't think Jen is catty. I do think Amanda is a little bit jealous but she is young and afraid her heart will be broken. Editing is always an issue, but I don't agree with y'all about Jen. I think she is the best one on here in balance of poise, maturity, and fun but I think Amanda will be picked as Mark won't want the older woman. All women have a little bit of "catty" in us, especially when roughing it out camping. I get pretty snappy at people when I am roughing it and I am normally very sweet. Maria is very moody, as is Amanda, Megan is naive. None of them are perfect.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlingal;2488064;
    I agree that last night's show was fun. Unfortunately we were having storms here so I missed a lot of the first part.

I've been thinking about how I feel about Megan.

I decided that she would fun to sit with at an all-female party--like a shower--but that there would be no way to have anything like a serious conversation about anything important with her.

For me she embodies the meaning of the term "airhead."

If Mark chooses her I'd be very disappointed because I too am coming to see him as someone with some depth and not just a "pretty boy"--though he certainly is pleasing to look at.

If I were helping him choose I'd advise him to toss any criteria dealing with externals--including thinking he'd have to have his own children rather than adopting--and just go with what his heart tells him about who is most "satisfying" to be with.

From other shows like this I'm guessing there are only two to three eps left.

What does anyone else think?

And yes--I'm with the people who are finding this show more and more entertaining as time goes on. If he chooses Megan I'd pull one of those family specials and not go to the wedding and not send a gift.
    I think there will be three episodes left and will eliminate in following order:
    4 down to 3: keeping: Jen, Amanda and Megan eliminating Maria
    3 down to 2: keeping: Jen and Amanda sending Megan home
    and I want him to pick Jen over Amanda but think he will pick Amanda over Jen. Megan is too young for serious relationships or marriage, she is sweet but a little bit dingy. Part of the dinginess though was that she had too much to drink which is not a quality that Mark is admiring in her (she will not be in f2 for that reason.) We have spoiler picks of what is believed to be f2 in other thread and common consensus is that the f2 are Amanda and Jen.

+ Reply to Thread