+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Jen's carraige ride looked very romantic...didn't catch the other girl's dates... Actually I was glad Jayanna is gone. Mark seemed the most into her, but to me, Jayanna acted, to the other girls, as if she felt she was superior. It was obvious Mark liked her a lot but throughout the past few shows she always said things like he doesn't like the other girls that much they're foolish for getting strong feelings for him, then saying she can't see Mark not picking her in the end, and all that. Maria still gets on my nerves, Mark seems to be starting to feel that too. Amanda is getting too pushy and insecure (though it's only because she is getting strong feelings and doesn't feel right when he's on a date with another) and Megan told the truth about her feelings when she was tipsy. Honestly, I can't see him not picking Jen. She's mature, funny, smart, good looking for her age, a sweet lady who is getting feelings for Mark.

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Mark mentioned something on the show tonight about settling down and having children. That ain't gonna happen with Jen.....unless she uses a surrogate!

FORT Newbie

Although as the episode progressed I was seeing the "Jayana is gonna leave" edit coming, Overall I am surprised that he got rid of Jayana and that he admited making the decision because she upset Amanda. It just makes next week completely predicatable... it would be perposterous for Maria to make the final two...and given that Jen (48) would be the Cougar finalist it would seem a bad strategic move for Mark to pick Megan (21 but acts 18) as the oterh finalist.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2487642;
    Mark mentioned something on the show tonight about settling down and having children. That ain't gonna happen with Jen.....unless she uses a surrogate!
    I was thinking the same thing. But then again I've said before I suspected he is looking for a breeder (maybe not consciously, but nevertheless). I don't think it will be Megan, because I don't think that ultimately Mark would want to be a babysitter, and he does not seem like the kind of guy who is threatened by an actual woman and therefore prefers girls who act and sound like big babies.

Also tonight's episode only reinforces my suspicion that Amanda is his choice. Once again she subtly manipulated him into booting the woman she felt threatened by. It's like an unspoken ultimatum, and it is very boring to watch. They should just get married already and go live a boring, Amanda-centered life together.

Jayanna is very defensive and immature for her age, and her negativity and manipulations backfired on her. Of all the kissing going on, the way she stuck her tongue in his mouth that was icky. The other older women look like they were better kissers.

FORT Newbie

Just a teensy detail. He only mentioned what Amanda told him when he booted Jayanna but if you remember, they showed us part of their convo during the romantic escapade where she basically tells him that she has been warning the girls etc. So he already had an idea she felt it was "bizarre" for Amanda to feel so strongly about him and therefore Amanda's story dovetailed nicely into the beginning of negative story Jayanna herself had started in his mind. I know it is editing but he seemed to be taken aback by what she was saying about talking to the other girls and stuff and quite frankly I was too. That is not something you really wanna say to someone on a date.

Btw I know it was also "she is going at the end of tonights episode" editing but WOW did they pull out some horrible confessionals out of Jayanna. By the end of the first half an hour I was HATING her. LOL

My favorite is Jen but to be fair, I dont think he should date any of those women. I really really like Jen but even though they had fooled me into rooting for them at the beginning, I started thinking of what I would think if a 48yo man was trying to get with a 30yo woman and I would be making snide comments about his motivations and her motivations and how ridiculous and stuff. So I have to be fair and do it the other way around too.
    There is nothing wrong with a May December fling. But over the long term there is no way it will work. Same thing for Megan btw. Cute girl but WAY immature.

Anyway to go back to tonight, I think we are back to the ONE dating show rule. If you wanna win, you have to ignore the process. If you put the guy in a tight spot about dating other women, or put the other women in a tight spot about dating "your" guy, not only are you an idiot because you signed up for it in the first place knowing full well what the process was, but it is also going to alienate him. however legitimate your concerns are. And always ALWAYS make the guy think you are head over heels for him and do not hold ANY doubt whatsoever. You must be in love after the FIRST group date.
    He must feel like a king and like a king in his harem as well.
    Wait. That's like real life dating, isnt it ?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-24-2007 at 01:39 PM.

It really bugs to hear this boy-man call grown woman,girls. Megan is the exception here. Megan is just like some totally clueless drunken child. I just don't see what he sees in this childish woman.

As far as the 40 something ones. I am 45 often mistaken for 30 and I would never lower myself to go on a show and be put through hoops to earn a well developed boy. I've been there and done that. I just don't see the attraction to a man that would keep someone so mentally vacant as Megan.

My son is 25 and he would never go near these totally clueless twenty somethings that think they know so much and really sadly have zero intelligence when it comes to men.

I only caught bits and pieces of the episode and seemed to completely miss the blow up, but I'm glad Jayanna got the boot. I don't like her or Maria. I don't know why, they both seem to bother me. I prefer Jen to win it, but we shall see.

Whew. Glad Jayanna's out. She was stooping a bit low by trying to manipulate the others. And she was caught doing it at the wrong time; right after she had the "amazing forest experience of lights". If she was as confident as she kept telling herself, she wouldn't have bothered to say and do what she did.

Great move on Mark's part. He saw and "felt" how bad she was and got her out.

I like Jen the best but yes, the baby thing will be the big blockade for those two. Megan is way too young and silly. And I think Amanda has a bit of a lead over Jen, only if she starts to mention her desires for family.

I dont 'believe anything will last with Mark from this show. He changes his mind over what he likes; he likes a smart successful businesswoman who is confident, but then likes the younger, fresher, naive girls.

I thought the drunken camping trip was a hoot though!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mark seems to be looking for someone he can have fun with - and also has strong feelings for, feels comfortable with etc. Jen might fit that bill - maybe he has fallen in love with her - is she really 48 ? But if he is serious about wanting children eventually, it seems odd that he is picking Jen. 18 years is a big age difference for a relationship. It seems like a lot of the show is scripted. Would Amanda really walk by herself all over the woods looking for him ? Was Megan overdoing her drunken silliness a little ? Jayanna and Maria - they all seem to be exaggerations of characters. Is Megan going to refuse (out of fear) to go on an airplane to go to Australia ?
    Maybe that's how we get down to the final 2 ... It's just seeming more and more a show rather than any hint at reality.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Well, I actually didn't see that one coming... But getting there was fun...

Mark is getting better looking (to me) as the weeks go by... He's no Mark C, but he'll do just fine...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread