+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Age of Love Show Discussion 07/16 **Possible Spoilers**

Re: Age of Love Show Discussion 07/16 **Possible Spoilers**

Uh, did someone here say they liked this show better than The Bachelor? Frankly, I think this show could stand a few "Bachelor" type embellishments. How about lillies handed out to the older women and daffodils or some such to the younger ones? How about a laugh track when a 48-year old woman hops on a motorcycle with a 30-year old trying to remain a twenty-something? She had 18 more years learning to play pool! Laugh track number one was the 30-year old with the 21 year old at the beach after he had watched them all konk themselves on the noggin with surf boards. Come to think of it though, this 30-year old is a kid, or at least apparently trying to stay one. Now, of course, I'm recording this on TiVo and laughing. It's quite entertaining! There is nothing serious about any of this -- it's tongue-in-cheek all the way! I don't see this show having more than one short run, but stranger things have happened!

I am under the impression that Mark is just looking for someone to date - not marry. He is old enough to want to marry and have kids, but hopefully too smart to expect to find one on this show. That's why I believe him when he said that age isn't important to him here. The remaining 40s are clearly only interested in a fling.
    That was my impression also dberk. Didn't he say once that he would go on the show because it was a dating show but not marriage - like the Bachelor. I don't think he is looking for anything but his next girlfriend.

Jennifer deliberately told the tale of her date so innocently to rub the 20's noses in the fact that she got a date alone and she had a wonderful time. It really was rather mean.

Didn't she say in her farewell speech that she left without making a fool out of herself? Honey, that ship sailed in ep #1.
    That says it all about Mary -
    I did think it was really thoughtless/careless of Maria to befriend Mary and then decide to stay - forgetting about hurting someone who you pretended to care for and support. I don't care for Maria very much and I certainly would not trust anything she says. But then I don't like Jayanna at all.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Not as much fun for me this week. The pressure cooker is turning everyone nastier. Such a big deal about Jen riding a motorcycle and playing pool at 48. Now that was funny - I can ride on the back of a motorcycle and play pool at more than 48...the leathers, however, I can't do anymore.

Poor, wittle Mary-kins. She needed to get out of the kitchen much earlier. She's looking for a mate, as is Amanda...which they won't find on this show. Maybe they should have tried out for the Bachelor - or did the casting folks for this show use rejected applications from the Bachelor? It really is trying to be a primary color clone of the Bachelor with some of the date set-ups, though the camping trip for all will be different (Jesse took three or four girls on a day camp trip and Travis took two to a night time tent) but this configuration will be interesting.

The only "Mark" connection I'm seeing at this point is with Amanda (stalker alert) Jen (she intrigues him) and Jayana (she challenges him.) He likes Maria's eyes and her conviction (HAHAHA!) and Megan's youthful energy (though I think he is beginning to sense her insecurity.) Anyway - he appears to be going crazy, himself, at this point regarding "what women want" LOLOLOLOL! Good Luck, Mark.

P.S. Off-topic: I really enjoyed the Victoria Beckham hour that preceded this show on Monday. She is a hoot.

FORT Newbie

I have rewatched this scene more times than I care to admit. Part 4 or the biker date, right after Mary says "so he can cut her," they show Mark kissing Jen on the side of her mouth and then he whispers something to her (?I love you) then she smiles and tilts her head to him and they kiss a lot. It's very fast so if anyone else can catch what he said, it would be great.

I still maintain that the 20s were waiting up to get the scoop on Jen's date. It must have been late because the 40s were no where to be seen. Every date is discussed (probably to death) when they get back from it. It's OK to say what you did and where you went as long as you don't say things like, : We totally made out most of the time we were together. We couldn't keep our hands off each other. He told me that I'm the best kisser.

Quote Originally Posted by COUGAR FAN;2480395;
    I have rewatched this scene more times than I care to admit. Part 4 or the biker date, right after Mary says "so he can cut her," they show Mark kissing Jen on the side of her mouth and then he whispers something to her (?I love you) then she smiles and tilts her head to him and they kiss a lot. It's very fast so if anyone else can catch what he said, it would be great.
    Are you talking about when he said "you have soft lips"? She smiled as she was turning forward & said "you too".

I agree with you dberk. All the others have talked about their dates. Megan went on and on about the beach date, how much fun she had and how great Mark is. The 20's managed to not be in the room when she left for her date. Why else would they be there when she returned unless they were waiting on her?
    Last edited by koolangel; 07-18-2007 at 07:55 PM.

FORT Newbie

koolangel, you have to watch through the Age of Love (NBC Episodes) site so you can replay several times. It's the Part 4 scene right after Mary says something like "Mark has to know her (Jen) before he cuts her." The next scene is the view and then Jen sitting on Mark's lap; he kisses her on the side of her mouth and then says something to her which is very quick/whisper - - she smiles and turns her head to him and they kiss.

FORT Newbie

Okay, after watching the above scene for the umpteenth time, I am quite sure Mark says "i love you" to jen and if anyone else can confirm this, then he picks her in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2479595;
    P.S. Off-topic: I really enjoyed the Victoria Beckham hour that preceded this show on Monday. She is a hoot.
    I totally agree. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the hour and how I saw the funny side of her. Lucky girl to be with Beck. Lucky guy to be with her. And lucky them to have such a nice family of 3 boys.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Land Pirate;2478828;
    $250,000 job? Where did you read that? Her profile says she is a mortgage loan officer. A boom and bust business. It is possible she made $250,000 during one of the boom years (2004, 2005), but any CA mortgage loan broker is lucky to make enough to survive now.
    Jayanna said it herself shortly after they found out there would be younger women on the show...sort of to bolster the older women's self esteem or disparage the young ones..as the older women were talking amongst themselves. Kind of a wouldn't Mark find a woman who did that more interesting remark....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456