+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age of Love Show Discussion 07/16 **Possible Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Age of Love Show Discussion 07/16 **Possible Spoilers**

I thought Maria made a fool of herself with the "I'm leaving, I want to leave, I'm going to ask to leave, oh...I can stay, yippe!" routine. Just can't see Maria in the final two, she looks her age more so than the other two Cougars, hence she has to leave next week.

I can't help but think that the crying machine was told in advance that she would be leaving tonight, IMHO the producers not wanting to expose Mark to a crying jag, gave Mary advance warning that she was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by riskmikey;2478126;
    Sorry everyone I was drinking ha ha there are as you know 3 more episodes with lots of surprises coming up. I thought Mary did pretty well in her farewell speach it really was not her fault there was no connection Mark obviously just did not like her and left her speaking several times. I would have been a little put out about that too. You see the connection the 20's have when she said take care of my girls. I know that 4 of the 20's are still talking to each other. What we did not see tonight (bummer) at the end of the movie date pictures of the ladies when they were young were shown then Mark asked Amanda to stay and see pictures of him as a child.

I wonder why they didn't show that part. They leave the good parts out. Tey never show any of Amanda and Mark's talks like with the other ladies. Why, I could take a guess as to why they are doing that......

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riskmikey;2478126;
    You see the connection the 20's have when she said take care of my girls. I know that 4 of the 20's are still talking to each other. What we did not see tonight (bummer) at the end of the movie date pictures of the ladies when they were young were shown then Mark asked Amanda to stay and see pictures of him as a child.
    That's some really cool inside info-- I love that the girls still talk; it makes it seem a little more 'real'.

I wish they had shown the clips of the girls and Mark as children. Maybe they could've edited the shots of Amanda and her chest and given us those precious extra minutes to watch the videos.

Amanda and Mark, though... IDKW, I just don't like her. "I didn't expect my feelings to happen so fast..." boy, how many times have I heard that before...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I just didn't like Maria's routine of wanting to go and then staying at the last minute when Mark asked her to say. It is obvious there is not a connection there and Mark only kept her because he had to let one go. It makes her look so wishy washy.

Actually, the only time I liked Mary was during her goodbye speech to Mark. I am sure she didn't cry all the time, that was just the footage of her they chose to show for her edit.

It does looke like Amanda will be the final one standing. This is much more obvious then Tessa was on the bachelor. I guess I will watch the rest of the series for the moments of drama!

I thought there was a possibility that Jen could take this altho I don't think many of us would be able to really believe that there might be something there. But when she cam in after her motorcycle date with Mark and spilled all the beans to Amanda, Megan and Mary - I thought that was nasty. At this point Megan and Amanda are the only nice ones. But then Amanda thoguth it was "pathetic" that one would still be looking for a mate at age 40 - so that wasn't too nice either ...

Didn't I hear previews of something like I don't kiss and tell and since you did, you should leave or something like that?
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hate to say it, but Mark has talked about wanting a family...i.e., kids, and the "cougars" are not really in a position to do that....48 is just plain too old unless we are talking adoption. Plus, frankly I don't see a Jayanna giving up her $250,000 a year work to move to Australia and raise a kid. Maria I think is really not that in to him (in fact both other older women seem more into the contest and a fling than settling down).
    Megan is just too young to be settling down...I'm surprised she doesn't think a 30 year old is a bit old and creepy. Amanada is nuts. Don't see a good ending here.
    I liked Mary's hair curly better, but he obviously likes straighter dark hair...look at who's left. I don't blame Mary for crying if he was that rude to her other times.... Trapped in a house with a lot of hostile women for weeks and a guy who can't give you the time of day.... Not to say she wasn't a bit over the top, or edited that way (of course if they never cry they can't be edited as a crier).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2478741;
    frankly I don't see a Jayanna giving up her $250,000 a year work to move to Australia and raise a kid. .
    $250,000 job? Where did you read that? Her profile says she is a mortgage loan officer. A boom and bust business. It is possible she made $250,000 during one of the boom years (2004, 2005), but any CA mortgage loan broker is lucky to make enough to survive now.

Mary was filmed crying in many different instances for different reasons so she can't "cry" Bad Edit. Also keep in mind that any time she wasn't crying she was being a total bitch. If Mark had asked her to stay, she would have even though her pride took a pounding at his total disinterest. Didn't she say in her farewell speech that she left without making a fool out of herself? Honey, that ship sailed in ep #1.

I am under the impression that Mark is just looking for someone to date - not marry. He is old enough to want to marry and have kids, but hopefully too smart to expect to find one on this show. That's why I believe him when he said that age isn't important to him here. The remaining 40s are clearly only interested in a fling.

Jen only described what they did on the date. I don't recall her mentioning the kissing which was Kelli's mistake. The 20s appeared to be waiting up for her. It would have been ruder to just ignore them.

I hope that they're saving the photos of the 40s when they were 20s for another time rather than not showing them at all.

I totally agree about Jayanna's absurd whispering.

Amanda is the most beautiful of the 20s, but also the most psycho with the most fake looking boobs. On the Bach the women are drowned in alcohol and don't even have books or magazines to read. The women are treated much better on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2478178;
    I was too busy watching Maria straddle Mark! Can't believe no one else has mentioned this
    I was hoping that was only my imagination. The previews always goes by so fast for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast