+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread ** Possible Spoilers **

Re: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread ** Possible Spoilers **

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2460187;
    I'm glad you are watching this, Randal. I would agree about the editing, but Mark himself commented on how hard it was to make conversation with them and how he looked forward to getting back to the 40s.
    OMg....Randal is watching this show....do we have a "Fun with the Age of Love" thread yet....would love to see what you do with this show Randal...there is alot to snark on...hee hee ...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2460326;
    OMg....Randal is watching this show...
    It's true, but I'm not proud of it. I doubt any pictures will be forthcoming, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BBgroupie;2459454;
    Last night I loved the part where each group chose a date for the other group. The 40s won all the way around -- the date they chose for the 20s pretty much prevented any of the 20s from having "quality time" with Mark. And then they had such a blast on their own date, which was supposed to show them in a bad light. Maybe it's because I'm in the over-40 group that I'm cheering for them . . . .
    I think the show has a lot of over-40 viewers cheering for them -- the concept is brilliant since there are so many Baby Boomers and also the new narcissistic 20s demographic.
    But I would guess that those over-40 women would have started out as boring, snotty prettier-than-thou types who seem "fun" now because they still act like they are living in a sorority house.

As for the kiddie date, that could have backfired, as it seems to be a cliche that many guys in their 30s start to find themselves ready for marriage and then choose a breeder - someone younger who would be good with kids (such as a grade school teacher or someone in the "helping professions.") So to have him see the girls in that setting could have given him some ideas unconsciously.

FORT Fanatic

However....I'd bet $$ that in reality, the girls on the show had absolutely NO say in determining those dates. They were pre-arranged by the producers of the show. You know that arrangements with the play area and the water exercise areas would have had to been made releases would have had to be signed by the parents of the kids, etc., etc. All that takes time to arrange and wouldn't have been done on spur of the minute notice.

FORT Regular

I wondered if maybe they had set up two or three group dates to choose from for each age group. So they still got to "choose" but they didn't come up with it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;2461093;
    However....I'd bet $$ that in reality, the girls on the show had absolutely NO say in determining those dates. They were pre-arranged by the producers of the show. You know that arrangements with the play area and the water exercise areas would have had to been made releases would have had to be signed by the parents of the kids, etc., etc. All that takes time to arrange and wouldn't have been done on spur of the minute notice.
    I don't understand why special releases would have been necessary. Any liability issues would have been dealt with before the involvement of the show people. I was under the impression that this event had been scheduled and they just joined in as "assistants" "monitors" for the kids. They could even have offered to video tape the B-day party for the parents.

Finding a swim class for the elderly would have been easy. I'm sure they have set schedules and lots of classes at the local "Y's".

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2461410;
    I don't understand why special releases would have been necessary. Any liability issues would have been dealt with before the involvement of the show people. I was under the impression that this event had been scheduled and they just joined in as "assistants" "monitors" for the kids. They could even have offered to video tape the B-day party for the parents.

Finding a swim class for the elderly would have been easy. I'm sure they have set schedules and lots of classes at the local "Y's".
    most schools, even preschools and such, do have a release form to sign before you attend the school. This is a rather blanket statement to allow you child to be photographed or filmed (usually for adv for the school). The program could have had forms ready for parents to sign when they driopped them off. Any parent who would not want their child filmed could either not attend or the camera crew would have to be sure not to get them in the shot.

It IS doable fairly quickly. Businesses usually take a bit more time as you DO need a release form to cover liability concerns. But again, it does not mean it was set up way in advance.

just my two-cents worth.

However....I'd bet $$ that in reality, the girls on the show had absolutely NO say in determining those dates. They were pre-arranged by the producers of the show.
    That was the impression we got. The guy said the same thing to each group, "They wanted you to be with people closer to your age," so it was obviously scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2462818;
    That was the impression we got. The guy said the same thing to each group, "They wanted you to be with people closer to your age," so it was obviously scripted.
    I could hear any of the women saying this to Mark as the reason for choosing the activity. Even if TPTB scripted the comment itself, the sentiment could easily have come from the groups. I still think that the basic idea for the activities came from the women and the execution was left up to the production crew.

FORT Newbie

However....I'd bet $$ that in reality, the girls on the show had absolutely NO say in determining those dates. They were pre-arranged by the producers of the show.
    Agree. Would not even have thought for a second it was other than that.

+ Reply to Thread