+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread ** Possible Spoilers **

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread ** Possible Spoilers **

The fun continues. Thank goodness they are still playing this light.

First a question: Was the restaurant the same one as on the last bachelor? All those steps looked familiar but different in the daylight vs. a misty night.

I was also surprised Adelaide left. At the playroom with the children she and Mark looked as cozy as you can get with screaming kids running all over the place. Mark was cool with the kids...they climbed all over him and punched him...I bet the women wished they could also. Yes, flip fan - Mark asked Adelaide to ride home with him in the limo. Just like he asked Maria to ride home in the limo with him from the senior swim date.

I loved the senior aqua arobics date. I noticed the name of the building was the Spectrum and wonder if that is the one in Irvine. Anyway a friend up north is a deep water instructor and keeps chiding me into finding a class. The date looked so much fun. The 20's actually chose a date where the 40's could show off their bodies in bikinis...I didn't see an wrinkle of cellulite among them - and Jen looked smooth as glass. After the class, they all stayed in the pool with Mark and played - something the 20's were unable to do on their "kiddie" date.

Jen worries me...her camera moments are about neediness - like she really, really wants this - it very much comes across as desperate. I'd like to strangle Maria. She had very big clues about their lack of "connection" yet she caved at the last moment when he smiled at her...talk about desperate. The looks on Jayana's and Lynn's faces were priceless shock, though. From now on (if not before) Jayana is out only for herself.

I'm sure next week they'll make a big deal about the team merge (ala Survivor). At least the 20's are moving up the elevator - closer to the penthouse.

Good edits that have made me like them: Amanda, Jen and Jayana.

P.S. I loved the timed lunch dates...Mark looked frantic and horrified by the whole thing - running back and forth. It did bother me that both women were dressed so casual, though. Kelli (the talker with a plan) in short shorts and Amanda in jeans. Walking Amanda to the car while holding hands was as sweet as the "small" kiss they shared...ahh!

There is a shot in the previews of him kissing Jen...next week?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-03-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2459168;
    Exactly, Arielflies.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2459168;
    The fun continues. Thank goodness they are still playing this light.

First a question: Was the restaurant the same one as on the last bachelor? All those steps looked familiar but different in the daylight vs. a misty night.

I was also surprised Adelaide left. At the playroom with the children she and Mark looked as cozy as you can get with screaming kids running all over the place. Mark was cool with the kids...they climbed all over him and punched him...I bet the women wished they could also. Yes, flip fan - Mark asked Adelaide to ride home with him in the limo. Just like he asked Maria to ride home in the limo with him from the senior swim date.

I loved the senior aqua arobics date. I noticed the name of the building was the Spectrum and wonder if that is the one in Irvine. Anyway a friend up north is a deep water instructor and keeps chiding me into finding a class. The date looked so much fun. The 20's actually chose a date where the 40's could show off their bodies in bikinis...I didn't see an wrinkle of cellulite among them - and Jen looked smooth as glass. After the class, they all stayed in the pool with Mark and played - something the 20's were unable to do on their "kiddie" date.

Jen worries me...her camera moments are about neediness - like she really, really wants this - it very much comes across as desperate. I'd like to strangle Maria. She had very big clues about their lack of "connection" yet she caved at the last moment when he smiled at her...talk about desperate. The looks on Jayana's and Lynn's faces were priceless shock, though. From now on (if not before) Jayana is out only for herself.

I'm sure next week they'll make a big deal about the team merge (ala Survivor). At least the 20's are moving up the elevator - closer to the penthouse.

P.S. I loved the timed lunch dates...Mark looked frantic and horrified by the whole thing - running back and forth. It did bother me that both women were dressed so casual, though. Kelli (the talker with a plan) in short shorts and Amanda in jeans. Walking Amanda to the car while holding hands was as sweet as the "small" kiss they shared...ahh!

There is a shot in the previews of him kissing Jen...next week?
    The date did look like a lot of fun. I think all the40's group dates have been fun because they seem to enjoy hanging out together as much as hanging out with Mark. They know they are competing with each other but they seem to have made an effort to get to know each other.

I was disappointed in Maria. She made such a point of being aware that there was no "love connection" and she was more than ready to leave. After he says he wants to get to know her better & she changes her mind, it just makes it seem as though she was only trying to save face when she said she wanted to leave. Almost like she knew he wasn't into her, so she'd dump him first so as not to be embarassed.

I like Amanda, Jen & Jayanna too. Although I liked Lynn better than Jen. Of those 3, I think Jayanna seems the most fun even though some of her comments are "I can't believe she said that" comments, at least she seems real. I loved the lunch date. I cracked up watching him run from side to side, wiping sweat from his brow. As far as entertainment goes, this show hasn't disappointed me yet.
    Last edited by koolangel; 07-03-2007 at 01:53 PM.

FORT Regular

I was expecting to love Pirate Master and thought Age of Love would be complete nonsense, but as it turns out Pirate Master is a yawn -- and Age of Love actually has some fun moments! Last night I loved the part where each group chose a date for the other group. The 40s won all the way around -- the date they chose for the 20s pretty much prevented any of the 20s from having "quality time" with Mark. And then they had such a blast on their own date, which was supposed to show them in a bad light. Maybe it's because I'm in the over-40 group that I'm cheering for them . . . .

I see the best connections between Mark and Amanda (20s) and Jen (40s). Amanda is stunning when she has her hair down, but every time she sees Mark she has it slicked back, which makes her look rather skeletal and her ears stick out. Not finding fault, here. I just think it's odd that she doesn't know this about herself. Leave your hair loose, Amanda!

And Jen. . . . Yes, she's the oldest, but there's just something about her that seems to appeal to Mark. I think he's attracted to her in spite of himself. She reminds me of Kate Jackson back in the Charlie's Angels days.

I hope next week he gets ride of Mary (whiner) and Jayanna (foul mouth).

Quote Originally Posted by BBgroupie;2459454;
    And Jen. . . . Yes, she's the oldest, but there's just something about her that seems to appeal to Mark. I think he's attracted to her in spite of himself. She reminds me of Kate Jackson back in the Charlie's Angels days.
    Jen looks like Sydney's mom on Alias.

Editing probably has something to do with it, but it's just amazing how all of the twenties desperately need personality transplants. Not a one of them has expressed a thought on camera that couldn't be found word-for-word in the dialogue of any random network TV drama - they are like little DVR boxes in heels. The Bachelor has the exact same casting problem - girls who want to go on the show tend to be dumb as rocks.

The NBC site has pictures of the forties when they were in their twenties, and they were all much more attractive back then than this group of twenties are now.

It's impossible to rank the players since Mark is playing his cards so close to the vest (or maybe he's just bewildered), but I have a few comments so far:

TWENTIES:

Tessa: The best looking woman on the show by a mile, possible silicone content notwithstanding. Unfortunately, she's well aware of this. Mark almost seems a bit freaked out by her - if they have one-on-one time next week it should be fun to watch. But she just radiates "high maintenance" and Mark has years of experience fending off acquisitive tennis groupies, so I don't think she'll win in the end.

Amanda: Probably the best of the twenties group, though she's yet to record a single interesting interview segment. Looks like Mark's early favorite.

Megan: She really is too young to be on this show, and I say that as one who in no way makes assumptions about the maturity level of 21-year-old women. Mark Consuelos should buy her some Bratz dolls so she won't go home empty-handed.

Mary: She's getting a horrible "mean girl" edit, but there is some genuine immaturity driving it. Probably going home next week.

FORTIES:

Jennifer: Kind of an incredible goddess who married young and got off track in life a little. Seems like a very nice and classy lady - too bad the age difference is so pronounced. She didn't get much screen time this week, and I expect she won't win out over her younger rivals.

Jayanna: A classic beauty in her twenties who has a lot of personality today. It's going to be fun to watch her fight with the Barbies.

Maria: She should have stuck with her instincts - the body language tells all. Pleasant enough, but she looks older than the others and has kind of a "motherly" air that hurts her in comparison with her younger rivals.

Kelli: Beautiful lady, but she's trying just a little too hard. I don't think the hard sell is going to work on Mark.

Ultimately, I don't think any of these women are quite right for Mark (surprise, surprise) - but if you could put Jennifer's personality in Amanda's body I think it would be close to what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2459649;
    TWENTIES:

Tessa: The best looking woman on the show by a mile, possible silicone content notwithstanding. Unfortunately, she's well aware of this. Mark almost seems a bit freaked out by her - if they have one-on-one time next week it should be fun to watch. But she just radiates "high maintenance" and Mark has years of experience fending off acquisitive tennis groupies, so I don't think she'll win in the end.=
    She seems like she should be on "The Girls Next Door." From a female point of view, not the best looking IMO. Too plastic (and I am not talking about plastic surgery, just that her face is not interesting in the least).

well i just watched the show.. thankgod for torrents...here's my take of events.

The "individual" dates:

Hilarious. The first thing that popped into my head is - at least he's moving - good for his tennis training. Amanda is really going to struggle as this show progress it's pretty obvious she's gotten attached to mark. Kelli is fun, but trying so hard and she sorta rambles on. Amanda and Mark seem more relaxed and natural. I wish they showed a little more of the conversations, but it was a classic watching the last few moments between Mark and Kelli. Mark was terrible in his attempt to time it properly - he was so flustered, but really cute.

Amanda was gorgeous as she talked about the kiss, she just seems so genuwine and unlike most of the other women, she doesn't refer to this experience as a competition... it's not about "winning", she talks about Mark and is already acting like they are a couple. Meanwhile Kelli is a little delussional and seems very much caught up in the "competition" to realise Mark isnt that into her.

The "play" date

Intersting but a little disappointing, they didnt really show too much footage of the women interacting with the children - mainly Adelaide, but it did seem like the others were also just as helpful and good with the kids. I still cant believe Adelaide is gone, but the interview where she said "Amanda is getting jelous, she thinks he likes her alot - but i know that I am going to win" - that really rubbed me the wrong way. Part of me wished she stayed and mark got rid of tessa or mary - but i am glad for Amanda's sake she's gone.

The "pool" date

Firstly Jen i hate you, l love you, but i hate you... my goodness she has an incredible body! This date looked great, again they didnt show much - the pics on the official site show alot more..even a moment between Mark and Maria poolside - i find this strange they didnt show that. Poor lynn - beautiful but shy, i wish Mark picked her for the ride home all she needed was some "alone" time. Instead he chose Maria. Now if anyone goes to youtube and looks up 'philippoussis' you will find a couple of clips from the limo that for what ever reason cut from the show - the conversation might've been strained at the apartment, but they sure seemed to get "touchy" in the limo!

I think back at the apartment it became very obvious that Mark has a problem with opening up. I get the feeling he's too aware of the camera and very concious of what he says. It striked me how he could barely look at Maria when talking, he's very shy... but it almost seems like he's frightened to allow himself to be fully taken by her.

He's in a much different situation then the women - he's grown up with the media and has delt with a lot of judement and criticism. I think this will be an on-going problem unless he starts to feel completely comfortable with one of the women.

The elimination:

Tessa - blah - her hair is terrible!
    Amanda - OMG..did she call him "sweetie" !!! Its clear Mark likes her, but its almost scary how much Amanda likes Mark.. i hope she wins.

Megan - i think if anyone will rattle Mark/Amanda it will be Megan. She looks amazing and no doubt given the chance Mark will be investigating their love "connection".

Adelaide - I swear she knew straight away, the way she was looking at him it's like she sensed it. I am still a little amazed that such a tiny kiss made Mark feel that way about a gorgeous woman.. but in the end her heart wasnt in the right place so i guess it doesnt really make a difference that she went this week. lol, notice how she didnt hug Amanda!

Mary - i dont see her bonding well with Mark, but she's fun to watch. I dont dislike her as much as Tessa, so she can stay for another week.

Jen - looked amazing, Mark should maybe lay off the "still can't believe you're 48" line - lucky for him Jen is a sweetheart and seems to enjoy the "compliment". (hehehe... tessa: "did he kiss her on the lips" Amanda replies rather sternly: "i don't know"

Maria: The "big" moment.. after Marks little speech, but more importantly he was looking deep, DEEP into her eyes and she couldn't resist... but from the espn2 article - its appears she will get a second chance to walk the walk.

Jayanna - seems nice, but a little intense... she talks about the 'competition' too much, but has the personality to keep Marks interest. Though the ditzy talk is starting to seriously bug me.

Kelli - why oh why oh why is she still here? There is no way Mark could be feeling much for Kelli. She's fun, full of energy so maybe thats why, but i thought she was a goner... next week...surely!

Lynn - sweet little lynn... the more i look at her, the more it becomes obvious she's not his type. I wished she was, because i think she's the most attractive out of the 40's.. but too quiet and way too short. Mark struggles enough to hold conversation witht the 20's so i think he just expects the 40's to be all confident and chatty.

I enjoyed this episode, i feel its getting better and better. Amanda will be fun to watch because seem seems vert protective of her "relationship" with mark. I didnt get to see the preview for next week, but apparently he kisses a few of the ladies - can't wait!!
    Last edited by flip_fan; 07-04-2007 at 08:32 AM.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Randal and Flip_Fan, great analysis of the girls (ladies )!
    I enjoyed this show also and thought the same about Kelli not having a clue that he wasn't that into her! It looks like from the previews, they have another dinner date.
    I think Amanda's insecurity is going to be very hard on her in a show like this. I don't know what she expected, but this IS a competition dating show, so she's going to have to deal with it and try to be confident in the fact that Mark seems taken with her.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2459649;
    Editing probably has something to do with it, but it's just amazing how all of the twenties desperately need personality transplants.
    I'm glad you are watching this, Randal. I would agree about the editing, but Mark himself commented on how hard it was to make conversation with them and how he looked forward to getting back to the 40s.

+ Reply to Thread