+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/25 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/25 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

On show night, the forum is locked down. No one would have been able to respond to Krom's thread, so it's gone away temporarily.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

At this point, I'm hoping Mary doesn't last much longer - her voice/laugh is SO very irritating. Other than that? So far, the only ones that I can stand are Lynn, Jennifer of the 40s and Adelaide and maybe Megan from the 20s.

The rest were just tiresome for me.

More of the puppy - less of everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2451763;
    On show night, the forum is locked down. No one would have been able to respond to Krom's thread, so it's gone away temporarily.
    I can't believe I forgot about that! DOH!

There's a Science of Love thread in the Other Reality Shows section now.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Newbie

I recorded the episode and watched late last night. I found myself fastforwarding through entire segments. I think this show is missing something that kept one's snark attention during Average Joe. In Average Joe there was always the underlying theme that "the hot chick" was a hypocrite because she had previously said that "looks don't matter to me". And that during slow times one could always find something to snark about with regard to the Hot chick. There is nothing to snark about with regard to tennis boy (Ok, I can call him tennis boy, but that's a pretty weak snark). I will continue to record and watch, but this show is looking lame.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I'm enjoying the comedic aspects of the show. Between the quotables and the silences, it makes me laugh. I even liked the outrageously bizarre costumes for the roller skating date. The silent hot tub was hysterical - I think, in Mark's case, it is "be careful what you wish for..." and I think he discovered that a hot tub full of nubile young bodies wasn't all he thought it would be. "Look in her eyes. Don't look down, don't look down..."

What is also fun is that the production values veer from sleek and sophisticated to cartoonish. The neutral color schemes with the high end decorating of the condos contrasts with the inhabitants. Now we know why the young'uns were hula hooping in their bikinis...they were waiting, waiting, for their "sexy" introduction.

If it were a bachelor other than Mark, I don't know if this show would hold any interest. I'm not talking about his looks, but his expressions. He has those comedy straight man double takes down pat. Way to go, Mark.

Uh? What was that jumping, bouncing interactive game he and the three young'uns were playing?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2451647;
    talking about 40 yr old women as being old decripted hags needing hormones and tummy tucks and having to have their breasts fixed (tessa said that)...and how they could not compete with them being younger..talking about the older women and there "hot flashes" grrrrrrrrrrr
    Tessa is also the most haggard looking of the 20 year olds. When they did a close up on her face of him asking her to stay she did not look young. Some of the 40 year olds Lynn particularly are more attractive!

I tried to watch last night, but I just got bored. It was an unfortunate combination of no depth (totally expected) and nothing interesting to snark (quite a surprise). Maybe watching it with someone else would have been more fun.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2452068;
    I'm enjoying the comedic aspects of the show. Between the quotables and the silences, it makes me laugh. I even liked the outrageously bizarre costumes for the roller skating date. The silent hot tub was hysterical - I think, in Mark's case, it is "be careful what you wish for..." and I think he discovered that a hot tub full of nubile young bodies wasn't all he thought it would be. "Look in her eyes. Don't look down, don't look down..."

What is also fun is that the production values veer from sleek and sophisticated to cartoonish. The neutral color schemes with the high end decorating of the condos contrasts with the inhabitants. Now we know why the young'uns were hula hooping in their bikinis...they were waiting, waiting, for their "sexy" introduction.

If it were a bachelor other than Mark, I don't know if this show would hold any interest. I'm not talking about his looks, but his expressions. He has those comedy straight man double takes down pat. Way to go, Mark. :nod

Uh? What was that jumping, bouncing interactive game he and the three young'uns were playing?
    Arielflies: My thoughts exactly. I watched the last part of the show with the eliminations and it held great comedic value. I whole picture of a 48 year old trying to look like she'd expect the 30 year old tennis stud to fall in love with her was beyond funny. I assume that the women knew nothing about Mark's age. What a train wreck. Surprisingly I think I might watch it next week. I think the cougars are in on the punchline. It's not that they're not attractive it's just that there is nothing about Mark that would say that he would be interested in a woman so much older than himself. However, I know very little about his dating preferences other than he seemed to date young girls, nobody older than himself.

I was surprised he kept the 48 year old after his comment about trying not to think about the fact that her son is only a little younger than him. Her cat eyes bother me. If it's natural then I apologize because I try not to snark on someone's natural looks because you can't help what genetics gives you (which she said she has good genetics) but if it's a result of plastic surgery then I'm sorry to say it's not a successful look for her. I guess I should say you can do things to improve your looks up to a point that don't involve plastic surgery but when you get surgery involved then it's time to decide if the after surgery look will be better then the looks that life dealt you. Sometimes yes, sometimes disasterously NO!

+ Reply to Thread