+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Its only 8 episodes right? Has anybody seen the ratings for this? I just saw them and not very good. Wonder if this will vanish mysteriously like that show The One did. One minute there and poof its gone.

I'll keep watching because I like the cheese and I like coming here to read the snark. But its a ratings bomb.

Was it here that somebody questioned what LA Lakers Assistant really meant? Is she his exec assistant or is she the girl who answers his mail? Either way... shes very pretty... surgically enhanced or not.

I agree, this show has no substance to it. It's like "here's what I did on my Summer vacation".

The 40's women looked very disappointed when they saw who the single guy was, and I can't blame them. They probably expected a man in his 40's or 50's, possibly well to do or a successful business man type.

I think it's pure entertainment, and as soon as the kittens are intro'd next week, we'll have lots of fodder for snark.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm;2446552;
    Personally I find men closer to my own age more combatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm;2446552;
    Personally I find men closer to my own age more combatible.
    I find men of any age (including 2 years old and younger) to be 100 percent combatible, given the correct circumstances, .

I'm sorry, I do recognize it was a typo-but I just couldn't let it go. Please take it in the spirit with which I posted, . . It gave me a good chuckle, I hope it does for all.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2446589;
    Its only 8 episodes right? Has anybody seen the ratings for this? I just saw them and not very good. Wonder if this will vanish mysteriously like that show The One did. One minute there and poof its gone.
    I'm sure they were hoping for more... The time slot may have hurt... But here is the info from Marc Berman of Media Week from his newsletter...

<<<<Repeats of CBS' Two and a Half Men (#1: 6.8/11) and How I Met Your Mother (#2: 5.2/ 8) led the 9 p.m. hour overall in the overnights, followed by Hell's Kitchen on Fox at a 5.5/ 9. Hell's Kitchen, of course, is the show to beat once the fast nationals are posted at PIFeedback.com. In series premiere news, NBC's Age of Love dipped by 40 percent from lead-in Deal or No Deal, with a disappointing 4.8/ 8 in the overnights. Retention among adults 18-49, however, is expected to be stronger once the fast nationals are posted.

Also in the 9 p.m. hour was ABC's subpar The Ex-Wives Club (3.1/ 5) and repeats of the CW's Girlfriends (1.4/ 2) and The Game (1.3/ 2).>>>>

I haven't seen the fast nationals, but may have it...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

was there some sort of blackout half way through in some US states? There seems to be quite a few annoyed ppl on the official site complaining about not putting the whole episode online properly.

will be curious to see how it goes next week. Mark even admitted it gets more interesting and "emotional" later on. From what i know in the spoilers it seems the show will have more to offer towards the end when the cattiness is gone and the dates are a little more intense.

Here are the fast nationals Berman was referencing...

Not great..

<<In series-premiere news, NBC’s Age of Love dipped by 4.98 million viewers and 23 percent among adults 18-49 from lead-in Deal or No Deal, with a disappointing 6.95 million viewers (#3) and a 2.4/ 7 in the demo (#2t).>>

Demo did improve, though...

Show needs more snark value... <grin>

;0))

PK

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2446733;
    was there some sort of blackout half way through in some US states? There seems to be quite a few annoyed ppl on the official site complaining about not putting the whole episode online properly.

will be curious to see how it goes next week. Mark even admitted it gets more interesting and "emotional" later on. From what i know in the spoilers it seems the show will have more to offer towards the end when the cattiness is gone and the dates are a little more intense.
    That's interesting...

Perhaps they had it confused with the Sopranos finale???

Hah!

;0))

PK WILL be watching... Blackouts or no...

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2446760;
    That's interesting...

Perhaps they had it confused with the Sopranos finale???
    no here's a couple of comments on the site..

"The storm in Illinois knocked out the sat signal and missed most of the show!!! "

"I can't believe i missed the first episode. Our neighborhood had a power outage. Let me see some please put the full episode on the main web page. Oh and keep your finger crossed for me that this never happens on a monday night again."

"missed most of the show because of bad storms here in florida please put full video of it"

I think the snark value will rise next week with the pool party & rollerskating.

When will Mark be back on the court? Does anybody know the date they finished filming the show?

+ Reply to Thread