+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

I enjoyed it - but dang... this week I vow not to watch any promos or previews because it seemed I had already seen every scene of the first show in some form except for the elimination. Oh, and Tessa hulahooping in spike heels and bikini. Come on - LOL! Where's the camera?

I liked Jodie, too, and was sorry to see her go. Another thing I didn't get from the previews was how hungry Maria is...she is going to have a hard time and I hope he eliminates her before it gets ugly.

I do like Mark. His facial expressions give away his wanting to be polite like he was raised, but ... hehehehe. I'm looking forward to this next week - without knowing what happens before hand.

So finally got my DVR to behave so I could watch this show, hmmm verdict is still out so I'm going to watch it once more before I decide.

I did find it interesting that the first woman he let go was also one that (to me) looked the oldest. I liked her and would have liked to see him keep her around.

I thought the 20 somethings were ridiculous with the hula hooping in spiked heels and teeny bikini's and with their contention that they were better and more desirable than the 40 somethings just because of age? Hmm..right some would consider age/maturity/successful more desirable.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out and if he goes against his past history of preferring girls who were considerably younger than him. Telling was when he said he wanted a young girl (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2445080;
    BF, I don't know if we can entice Randal over here for this show, but i agree there are lots of prime opportunities to photoshop some snark about the show's participants!
    I actually recorded this on my DVR and watched it yesterday afternoon. My initial reactions are that Lynn is very good looking for 40, the others pretty much look their age and can't really hide reality from the all-seeing eye of the camera, and that the 20-year-olds aren't really acting - the silly things coming out of their mouths about how "hot" they are precisely match the way our culture teaches attractive young women to think about themselves and behave in social settings. Tessa is a piece of work - but sadly typical of her generation. Expect plenty of ratings-boosting catfights as the season progresses.

And hearing Fleissian phrases like "journey" and "amazing" led me to wonder whether a patent infringement lawsuit might be pending.

Mark P. can do way better than this bunch. Will I take the time to create Photoshopped pictures of this show? Maybe later, but not yet...

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2446140;
    Will I take the time to create Photoshopped pictures of this show? Maybe later, but not yet...
    Well, I will definitely be watching if there's any chance of a RandalR collage!

Why do the cougars look so much older than 40? Too much time in the sun? Seriously, to me most of them looked as if they are in their 50's or more. Plus some of them dress like they are much older than 40 (while some dress like they are still in their 20's).

I'm 38 and not a wrinkle in sight, I have quiet a few friends who are in their 40's and other than a few laugh lines they aren't as wrinkled as these women. They are still beautiful but its rather odd (to me at least) how much older than 40's they look.

It probably is the sun Harmony...but I bet he isn't looking at their faces so much . I am still on the fence about this show, but will continue watching it. Hopefully, we get a few good laughs. I loved the expression on his face when the ladies announced their ages. Priceless. At least he was honest in his reactions!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2446519;
    It probably is the sun Harmony...but I bet he isn't looking at their faces so much . I am still on the fence about this show, but will continue watching it. Hopefully, we get a few good laughs. I loved the expression on his face when the ladies announced their ages. Priceless. At least he was honest in his reactions!

I feel the same way. I'll watch again this week. To see the kitten's LOL... To me it seemed like there were so many commericals and very little show!

FORT Fan

I have to agree with Jewelsy about prefering a man in his 40's ,Byron type,to a 30 year old guy. On a shallow note-The only physically appealing features for me about Mark is his height ,body from neck down,and Aussie accent.I think he needs to do something with his eyebrows.He does not have the type of look that does anything for me. But what I find appealing are men like Josh Holloway from "Lost" .Any way, I wonder how much real substance this guy has.How intelligent,witty,perceptive is he.Can you have deep intimate conversations with him? Is he someone you can trust and respect?
    As I have gotten older (52) what qualities I look for in man to have a good ,long lasting relationship has changed from when I was in my 20's. After being married,divorced,then having some other relationships you learn more about your self,and what is important to having a relationship work. I know in the past I use to wear rose-colored glasses with men especially during the first few months of the relationship.I maybe gave them attributes that they really did not possess,and found out differently later after getting to know them better. Personally I find men closer to my own age more combatible.
    This is of course reality TV, so the motives of these women and Mark P. is questionable about whether or not they are on this show to find a partner to have a true relationship with.

Apparantly Mark's management set this up for him to make money during down time due to injuries. The show is purely entertainment and not meant to find a lasting true relationship of course producers have said if relationship comes from it great! It is an intersting premise but there is not a large enough group of ladies to begin with to be lucky enough to find love with one like Andy on the Bachelor.

I think the whole manufactured premise is partly why this show doesnt grab me as strongly as others. There is no there, there. Injured athlete needs something to do. Tv producer puts him on a dating show and brings in women who are really not very well suited to him. Of course, there is always the snark factor. I just have to find different ways to find the entertainment value. There is often more than one reason to watch.

+ Reply to Thread