+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Re: 6/18 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2445014;

But I was thinking cafe last night....that we need a thread for FUN with "Age of Love"...you and Randal could have a ball with this one....lol... I can just picture the things in my head ya'll could say...lol and the pictures you could come up with...lol

P.S. my mom was watching with me and she said and I almost choked on my coke I was drinking when she said it..that no 40+ year old woman had a chest that stood that much at attention without some help...lol...especially if she had ever had any children...lol
    BF, I don't know if we can entice Randal over here for this show, but i agree there are lots of prime opportunities to photoshop some snark about the show's participants!
    , your mom's comment made me snort a laugh!! I tend to agree with her. I also watched with my Mom, who commented, there's no way any 30 yr old man is going to seriously date an older woman!! (of course she is 12 yrs younger than my dad, so I guess she's cheering for the kittens!! )

Thanks, PK, for the info on Science of Love. I went to NBC and read about it and watched the video. It looks very interesting and one I'm sure I'll watch.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2445027;

I missed most of the younger girls debut. Some of them weren't any prettier than some of the older ladies. And one day these 20-somethings will be older too so they should be careful of what they say. In 20 years their attitude towards older women will come back to bite them in their butt!

This is the train wreck I thought it would be but I'll probably watch again
    And their butts are probably going to be sagging much worse than these cougars
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2445080;
    BF, I don't know if we can entice Randal over here for this show, but i agree there are lots of prime opportunities to photoshop some snark about the show's participants!
    , your mom's comment made me snort a laugh!! I tend to agree with her. I also watched with my Mom, who commented, there's no way any 30 yr old man is going to seriously date an older woman!! (of course she is 12 yrs younger than my dad, so I guess she's cheering for the kittens!! )

Thanks, PK, for the info on Science of Love. I went to NBC and read about it and watched the video. It looks very interesting and one I'm sure I'll watch.
    You know, in a way, some younger guys like older woman...for real...I get more offers of dates from guys in their late 20's than I do from guys closer to my own age....I think most of the time though, they are looking for a woman who is more settled and has the means to support herself.....a friend of mine told me it was cause most of the older ones could support their "OWN" high maintience needs and wasn't looking for a man to do it so the guys could hold on to their money...lol

P.S. I need to add that their are a lot of younger guys looking for older women that have steady jobs and would be willing to support them so they can be lazy and don't work..and as I think someone said earlier..they kind of desperation of some of the older woman....you probably wouldn't be suprised at the older women that will "settle" for a much younger guy and support him just to have a guy in their life.
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-19-2007 at 12:00 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

There is no love match at the end of this one. Mark said he was not going to do the show if it was a "marriage" show, but a dating one was OK. He seemed to imply that marriage and kids were a long way away. I think he is just looking for a playmate/girlfriend.

I thought the elimination was strange. Why only four? the ones he dated plus Jodie. I wonder what the format will be next time and why weren't the others included? Perhaps there were chats wuth each we didn't see
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2445095;
    There is no love match at the end of this one. Mark said he was not going to do the show if it was a "marriage" show, but a dating one was OK. He seemed to imply that marriage and kids were a long way away. I think he is just looking for a playmate/girlfriend.

I thought the elimination was strange. Why only four? the ones he dated plus Jodie. I wonder what the format will be next time and why weren't the others included? Perhaps there were chats wuth each we didn't see
    I agree -- the elimination part of it seemed a little bit odd. I don't know how or why they came up w/that format. It seemed like the ladies hardly got to spend any time at all w/him. I am sure that first night he spent some time w/each lady (just like Andy on The Bachelor), but of course we are only shown a fraction of it.

In a way, I was surprised that he let Jodie go. She is beautiful and has such a good personality. I am wondering if one of the reasons he let her go was because she had an 8 year old son. It seems like having young children can be intimidating for some. Kids that age are hard and a lot of work - I have a 12 year old, 9 year old, and 21 month old so I know first hand!

Now that they are going to introduce the "kittens" next week, I wonder if he will have to eliminate one from each group each week, or if they will just let him eliminate as he sees fit?

This will definitely keep my interest for summer! Although part of the reason I was watching last night is that I was just waiting around for the Dateline interview w/William and Harry.

The comments from the 20 somethings seemed very scripted to make them look as villianous as possible, the same as with the hunks on Average Joe. I think we'll see as the show progresses that they aren't that bad.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Is there any one of the Cougars who had NOT had some serious work done? Oh, and you gotta love that one of the kittens is in "Surgical Sales" -- looks like she's wearing two of the floor samples!!

Oh my. I stumbled across this show and ended up watching it 1/2 the time while flipping channels.

I agree. This is not a marriage show...this is a ratings show. I think they are trying to "promote" cougars but one the kittens will definitely end up making the big "kill" by getting Mark.

I can't see any logical reason for this guy to do this show...oh, sorry, more money and tv celebrity status. And I have no idea why any woman over 40, as accomplished as they are or look, would put themselves out there to be criticized, joked about, and not chosen by some young guy who thinks he's the IT guy of the moment. I can understand the young girls participating to date the older, handsome, celebrity male. It would be fun and daring and a good way to get noticed and maybe hook up with Mark.

I guess I'm surprised that these reality dating shows still get made and watched. Even by me.

A good laugh is always good for the soul.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Terrible show. As a woman in the "cougar" age-group, I was embarrassed for them. And Mark whateverhisnameis needs to do something about his hair.

It's just a rehash of Average Joe. A show which, admittedly, I loved, but the Joes were a lot more endearing than the "cougars".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

has anyone figured out HOW the eliminations are supposed to work on this show yet? why only call 4 down...and I wonder if it will be that way each week...maybe he spends his "dates" with women he isn't sure of and those are the ones that are called down for eliminations....but that doesn't make "sense" either cause how would he be able to find someone he really liked if he wasn't spending time with the other ones. I just don't know...maybe we will get a better sense of how this one will work next week...I will say I like the idea of talking to each one of them and explaining why you are staying and why I think you should go instead of "will you accept this rose"...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread