+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Consuelos - Host

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mark Consuelos - Host

Mark Consuelos - Host

Mark Consuelos
    stars as the host of NBC’s surprising new dating series “Age of Love.”

Consuelos has an extensive list of television credits and is perhaps best known for his role on the long-running soap favorite, “All My Children.” Playing the tormented Mateo Santos since he joined the cast in February 1995, Mark met his future on and off screen wife, actress Kelly Ripa, on the set. Consuelos starred with Vivica A. Fox in the hit series “Missing” as Antonio Cortez, a charming, strong, extremely intelligent and free-thinking FBI Special Agent.

Consuelos also guest-starred on “Hope & Faith.” He played former baseball star, “Gary 'The Gooch' Gucharez,” who left to play ball in Japan after beginning a romance with “Faith,” portrayed by Kelly Ripa. Additional television credits include the romantic comedy “Beautiful Girl,” and guest appearances on “Third Watch,” “Friends,” “American Family,” “Fortune Hunter” and “SeaQuest.”

Mark’s next film project is “Wedding Daze,” opposite Isla Fisher and Jason Biggs, out this summer. His film credits include “My Super Ex-Girlfriend,” starring opposite Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson. He also starred in the WWII action film, “The Great Raid,” directed by John Dahl.

Born in Zaragoza, Spain, Mark grew up in Lebanon, Illinois and Tampa, Florida. He attended Bloomingdale High School in Illinois and Notre Dame University before receiving a degree in marketing in 1994 from the University of Florida.

Consuelos’ early acting credits include “Hello, Dolly” at the Looking Glass Playhouse in Illinois. He has appeared off-Broadway in “Boy’s Life” by Howard Korder, “Orphans” by Lyle Kessler and the Penguin Repertory production of “One Shot, One Kill” by Richard Vetere.

Mark resides in New York City with Kelly and their children, Michael, Lola and Joaquin.

Interview: Mark Consuelos Hosts Age of Love

So, JD Roth sets up a 30-year-old tennis star with a group of 20-somethings and 40-somethings. Then host Mark Consuelos has to sort out the madness. Handling the day to day game of Age of Love challenged even Consuelos's own preconceptions.

"At first when JD told me about the show, my initial reaction was like all guys of course he's going to date younger women," said Consuelos. "And then I started to think about my own life and friends of mine, people just like you that are in these situations where they're very attracted to older women or are dating or thinking about making that move. And I think it's relevant."

Right now society faces a double standard where men can date drastically younger women, but women who do the same are labeled cougars. Perhaps a little dating show can change society. "I hope it does. And I also go out to dinner with my wife and her friends and my buddies. I'm on the knuckle dragger side of the conversation, though."

That's not to say that a man's man will be left out of the intellectual concept of Age of Love. "I think this show would appeal even to a guy's guy. I think if we all look at our past dating experiences, there's always been that one sophisticated person with a lot of life experience that was extremely attractive and would have been an interesting option to go, but 15 years ago it wasn't even a question. You heard about it, but now I think that you do see it more."

NO . SPOILERS . PLEASE!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-11-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Additional profile information added.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Mark Consuelos - Host

I think he's cute as can be, but the few times I've seen him on Regis and Kelly, he seems pretty harmless, so I hope he survives these shark-infested waters.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Isn't he adorable? I love when he co-hosts with Kelly - LOL! I can't wait until they interview him about the show.

It looks like both Marks (from their bios) have Italian mothers. At least they could bond in a brotherly way.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2431084;
    Isn't he adorable? I love when he co-hosts with Kelly - LOL! I can't wait until they interview him about the show.
    He is adorable. However, I can't wait until they interview Kelly about the show, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Hah...

Well, he doesn't have to deal with the "LADIES"... But I think it will be comical watching him as confidant/confesser to the other Mark... There is a definite height difference, but Mark C's personality is so large, I doubt it will matter...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2431087;
    He is adorable. However, I can't wait until they interview Kelly about the show, .
    I agree... That will be fun...

In one interview with Mark that is already out there...

He says he tells Kelly about the concept, and she says "wait a minute, wait a minute"... Then they think about their friends, and it makes sense...

But that may just be hype... Hah... May be??

I am looking forward to the show... I have been watching Kelly and Mark since the early days on AMC... And if I can get through the Bachelor, this will be a pleasant walk in the park...

And the eye candy doesn't hurt!

;0))

PK

to the Fort, PK...! It's always good to see new faces around here.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

He's definitely a cutie-pie.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2431095;
    to the Fort, PK...! It's always good to see new faces around here.
    Hey, Thanks, Rosekid...

Thought I could just slip in as an old pro, but you guys are too sharp...

(And you can count! DRAT!)

I've been lurking for a long time, but have never felt I had much to add in the past...

With the cooking competitions and "Mark's Show" (as I like to call it), I will hopefully be contributing more...

;0))

PK

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2431220;
    Hey, Thanks, Rosekid...

Thought I could just slip in as an old pro, but you guys are too sharp...

(And you can count! DRAT!)

I've been lurking for a long time, but have never felt I had much to add in the past...

With the cooking competitions and "Mark's Show" (as I like to call it), I will hopefully be contributing more...

;0))

PK
    Welcome to this forum, PK!

Who knows, you might be breaking double digit in your post count soon.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast