+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mark Philippoussis

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mark Philippoussis

Mark Philippoussis

With his combination of stunning good looks, extraordinary success and easy charm, tennis superstar Mark Phillippoussis may very well be the most eligible bachelor in America.

Born in 1976 in Melbourne, Australia, Mark's beginnings were inauspicious. "I came from nothing," he says in describing his formative years. In fact, his father, who dedicated his life to his son's development took a second job driving taxis at night to support his son's fledgling career. Often, he would spend several days' salary on tennis apparel for his son.

His struggles were short lived, however, as Mark's aggressive style of play soon helped him dominate Australian tennis and burst onto the international scene. By 1999 Mark had cracked the top ten in the world. Mark became a household name and premier target for sponsors almost overnight.

Mark turned professional in 1994. The next year, at the age of 19, he was the youngest player in the history of the sport to end the year in the top 50. In 1996, he upset Pete Sampras in the Australian Open and in 2003 Mark advanced to the final at Wimbledon to face Roger Federer.

A self-professed "adrenaline junkie," Mark has a penchant for all things fast-horses, planes, motorcycles and cars. He's an avid surfer and sky diver! And, he's even on route to get his pilot's license.

Mark really appreciates the simplicity of life- being outdoors, taking surfing trips and really enjoying living. In fact, one of his fondest memories is of a surf trip he took by himself to Costa Rica. He raves about the outdoor showers and the rustic setting.

All of Mark's success hasn't insulated him from the pitfalls of love. The lifestyle thrust upon him by his success—the travel, the instability—has prevented him from solidifying a recent relationship.

The media hasn't helped, often insinuating that he's dating any number of well-known celebrities. "I'm often the last to know whom I'm dating," Mark jokes about press speculation.

The press has overlooked the fact that Mark is currently in a healthy, committed relationship—with his pet Rottweiler. "It's the perfect relationship," he claims, "she doesn't ask where I've been and she's always there for me."

Mark's ready for all of that to change. He has found a home in Las Vegas, Nevada and is at a turning point in his life. For the first time, Mark feels that he has achieved enough stability to invite someone into his life and into his heart.

NO . SPOILERS . PLEASE!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-11-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Profile/bio from official site added
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Mark Philippoussis

He jokes that he is currently in a healthy, committed relationship -- with Kia, his 4-month old Rottweiler puppy. "It's the perfect relationship," he claims, "she doesn't ask where I've been and she's always there for me."

He's not related to PLo, is he?!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Okay girls, we need comments on our Bachelor.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2431112;
    Okay girls, we need comments on our Bachelor.
    As a tennis fan, I'm hoping for appearances from some of his closest professional buddies. Carlos Moya, for starters. Marat Safin would be a solid addition, too.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Oh Miss Thing we think alike. So glad to see the 2nd pic of Mark as he is much hotter in his tennis gear, the first picture kinda scared me. I always think of Mark as really cute, but that first picture sure didn't do it for me.

I also think he looks sexier at work than at play. Wouldn't it be super if they showed some of his training sessions?

I can't wait to see how the first show rolls out. His expressions in the commercials are too funny.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

training sessions? ....i've been to a couple of thoses

Yikes and Yowza! Hubba-hubba! and a big WHEW!

Thanks flip fan for sharing and sharing and sharing!

What does the shoulder tattoo symbolize? To me it looks like a cross between Betty Crocker (cook book icon) and the Goddess Athena.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Thank you, flip_fan, I alway have loved tennis (and the game isn't bad either! ) Thanks for the pics. In the first one, he could almost give Lt. Handy Andy a run for his 6 pack money!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fogey

This show may cause me to start holding a grudge against Pat Cash for turning me against Philippoussis. When he first got strong on the tennis scene, I was totally enamored by Flip. After reading all the things Cash had to say about him after their very short venture into a player/coach relationship, he lost all appeal for me. We'll see if he can get it back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast