+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mark Philippoussis

FORT Fan

Re: Mark Philippoussis

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2431629;
    i am still puzzled as to why he would do this show. i wonder how much he is getting paid. unless he is completely broke.
    Remember the NFL quarterback (3rd string, with the NY Giants) who did the bachelor? It was the end of his career, and he wanted some more TV time to try to bag a sportscasting career since football was taking him nowhere. Obviously, Mark is far more accomplished than the NFL guy, but maybe he is too reaching the end of his career, and is buying some time on American TV. Mark has been injured many times in the past, which kept his sidelined for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a day at age 30, since he was nowhere as fit as Sampras or McEnroe or Federer, who could play in the professional circuit up to age 34-35. No professional sportsperson, in the prime of their career, can allow themselves a distraction like this one.

From articles posted on this site it seems like Mark is planning to be back in pro tournaments in the next month or so. Recovering from knee surgery he had the time to make other money. He probably does want to find someone but doubt it will be from this group of women. Anyway with the visiblity he may be able to pick up some new sponors!!!

i dont think he's broke... he moved to Summerlin in vegas not too long ago, before that he lived on Fisher Island and i think he might still own or sold his $4-6 million dollor home. But the last 3 years his income has sufficiently dropped because he hasnt played that much.

maybe the extra cash will help? he was already signed to Nike clothes and Head Racquet - which i've noticed will feature in at least one episode so that will keep the sponsors happy.. but also when he does return in July the simple fact he's a "reality star" could help him get some Wild cards into big events.

Mark should have a protected ranking of 112 because he's been out since january... he cant play any major events until his ranking dips back into the top100. Organisers might be tempted to give him a WC just for spectator value.
    Last edited by flip_fan; 06-25-2007 at 07:57 PM.

So he's got to play and win some non major events in order to get back into the top 100? Once he's in the top 100 then he's automatically invited to the big events? (Pardon my ignorance about top flight tennis, but it does affect how I look at his choice to do this show.)

All he needs is one decent result and he'll be inside top100 quickly. He's listed to play NEWPORT, which is a proper ATP event and has good ranking points if he wins, but he also claimed to be playing LA the week after... he may already have a WC but it's not announced yet.

Bascially for Mark to play a ATP event he will need either a Wild Card entry or play qualifying rounds to get into the main draw. If he doesnt want to do that he can play a challenger tournament which gives less points then Major events but is a good way to get up the rankings quickly.

ok is anyone from vegas?? Apparently Mark was on local tv and admitted he was still dating the winner of the show... of course he couldn't say who.

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2453025;
    ok is anyone from vegas?? Apparently Mark was on local tv and admitted he was still dating the winner of the show... of course he couldn't say who.
    My daughter lives in Vegas and in fact she saw him at some red carpet event at the Mandalay Bay 2 weeks ago I think. I will see if she heard anything.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2453025;
    Really?! Wow, this show may have better success than the Bachelor shows. Thanks for the scoop, flip fan.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

He's so freaking hot, yum!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFairplay;2455190;
    He's so freaking hot, yum!
    I know! I prefer with his mid-short hair though, not the long hair.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread