+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mark Philippoussis

Re: Mark Philippoussis

Sounds good to me, Flip Fan. I don't know anything about Mark, so my mind is wide open. I am just so happy that we have this show to watch this summer, although my husband will grumble when he finds out about it (he doesn't know yet ).
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I'm going to give it a try. It's got to be better than re-runs
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2431465;
    lol, its not betty. It's Alexander the Great.

Mark's father Nick is greek, hence the surname 'Philippoussis'.

That photo leaves me breathless!!!!

Based on everything I've read about Mark Philippoussis, I think the guy is a cheeseball who is looking for his five minutes of fame in the U.S. I suspect that he was handsomely compensated to be on the show and that he is using the publicity from the show as a springboard for other future endeavors.

I could be wrong (and I wouldn't mind being proven wrong in this instance), but nothing about this guy tells me that he is sincerely looking for love on The Age of Love and I think it would be foolish not to question his motives for being on the show. Recently, his pro-tennis career seems to have taken a dive for the worse due to injuries and below par performances. He also has a reputation for being an international playboy - I had never heard of Mark before this show, but there are stories about him all over the Internet (I'm not saying that they're all true, but the fact they exist tells me a lot). There are rumors that he cheated on his ex with Paris Hilton. Yuck! In 2004, he dated Australian songstress, Delta Goodrem who was 19-yrs. old at the time, and Mark was 28. And in 2005, he was engaged to 18-yr. old Alexis Barbara, who was the daughter of a property tycoon - Mark was 29 at the time.

As for the whole cougars v. kittens gimmick, it appears that Mark likes his kittens, which would put our cougars at a disadvantage. I've seen the contestants' photos and there are a lot of attractive cougars in the bunch...but unless the kittens turn out to be totally immature and superficial (then again, a man who'd go for Paris Hilton probably isn't looking for a woman of substance), I think the cougars have their work cut out for them. But if the producers have any say in it, I'm sure that it'll come down to a cougar and a kitten in the finale. Meh, I am so turned off by this show already...and the first episode hasn't even aired! I may just tune in to do some sleuthing!
    Last edited by Team_Andessa; 06-08-2007 at 08:52 PM.

I have very serious doubts about anyone looking for love on this show, including not just Mark, but each and every one of the women. Nothing wrong with that, as my very strong suspicion is that none of them are in this for (in Bachelor parlance) the right reasons.

I know of several couples (acutually several right within my immediate family) where there is more than a 30 year spread between husband and wife. These are all happy marriages. If age is just a number (as oh so many people seem to want to feel) what difference does it make? Especially for this fluff summer programming.

Again, just calling upon my instincts, my pre-season bet is that cougars, kittens, and Love(er) are all superficial and of no substance, at least as far as this show goes.

And, that's just fine by me. I'm looking for silly entertainment, and I hope I get it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2434555;
    And, that's just fine by me. I'm looking for silly entertainment, and I hope I get it.
    MissThing, I have a feeling that silly entertainment is all that we'll be getting with this show! So you're in luck!

I will tune in and give the show a chance, but different people find different things entertaining. I found this last season of The Bachelor highly entertaining...but I couldn't bare to watch Prince Lorenzo's season and promptly tuned out after watching a couple episodes.

Hopefully everyone is tuning into this show just for giggles

Anyone looking for a Looooove story better go back to the Bachelor board cause I don't think we will find it here

Just great fun and snarking material Summer fun! Lots of giggles!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2434609;
    Hopefully everyone is tuning into this show just for giggles

Anyone looking for a Looooove story better go back to the Bachelor board cause I don't think we will find it here

Just great fun and snarking material Summer fun! Lots of giggles!
    I'm not looking for a love story...but I bet that there will be people watching who are indeed looking for that! I didn't expect a love story from this last season of The Bachelor either - the love story between Andy and Tessa was just an added bonus imho. Thank you, Fleiss!

What I am looking for...is to be entertained. And if Mark P. and his ladies can entertain, then I'm game. However, speaking for myself, I don't find drivel to be entertaining...and from what I've seen and read thus far, this show looks like mindless drivel. Again, in this instance, I hope that I'll be proven wrong and perhaps be pleasantly suprised!

I'm looking at this more like Average Joe to tell you the truth and I will bet that is how the producers are setting up Age of Love....same basic timeline. Mark meets the Cougars first, right? Develops connections w/ some, one in particular it appears. Meets kittens. Catfights abound. Mark is shown conflicted at least on the show. So were several of Average Joe women too, but the AJ women went w/ the models and Mark is picking a kitten too
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2434877;
    I'm looking at this more like Average Joe to tell you the truth and I will bet that is how the producers are setting up Age of Love....same basic timeline. Mark meets the Cougars first, right? Develops connections w/ some, one in particular it appears. Meets kittens. Catfights abound. Mark is shown conflicted at least on the show. So were several of Average Joe women too, but the AJ women went w/ the models and Mark is picking a kitten too
    Exactly my thoughts!! This premise really reminded me of Average Joe too! On Average Joe I always hoped they would go w/an average Joe, but in my heart I knew both of them would go w/a hunk!

+ Reply to Thread