+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mark Philippoussis

FORT Fogey

Re: Mark Philippoussis

actually he is very high profile in europe and asia. well i guess not so much in the usa.

Okay... based upon some of his past dating relationships with some high profile celebs, the guy has always given me the impression that he's a complete and utter dog. And then with that little comment about his dog being his "perfect relationship".. it sure doesn't sound like he's in this for a true relationship.

Here's hoping he proves me wrong.

FORT Fogey

I doubt he will Broadway. I remember not too long ago reading somewhere what was essentially a "groupie report" regarding the private lives of many pro men's tennis players. It's safe to say that Philippoussis was one of the players they'd gathered the most ... intelligence ... on.

Yeah... and anyone that has even come close to having any kind of contact with Paris Hilton is tainted goods. ick!

In one of his interviews for the show he has denied any relationship with Paris Hilton or the other "what's her name".

Yes, he has an agent, yes, he is in a tennis hiatus due to injury, yes, the timing was right for him to take on a project. Let's see...mediterranean masculine good looks, high profile job, not currently in a relationship, appropriate age for show's concept, available for filming time frame...let's try out a new bachelor type show with this guy. Okay.

[mod edit]He may or may not actually get into the concept - we'll have to wait and see the results - but he will provide millions of viewers with a light meringue of summer TV entertainment.
    Last edited by Mariner; 06-06-2007 at 12:36 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2431678;
    And then with that little comment about his dog being his "perfect relationship".. it sure doesn't sound like he's in this for a true relationship.
    And the women are??

Perhaps these comments by Mark explain in further detail...

“There's no such thing as a perfect woman, no such thing as a perfect man and no such thing as a perfect relationship. I am just looking for someone who makes me a better person. And now, I've discovered, that might be an older woman."

or this one...

Unlike programs such as ABC's The Bachelor, the show is not built around an expected wedding proposal in the final episode.

"If you meet someone and fall in love, great. If you want to propose, great," Philippoussis says. "If you don't want to get together, that's great, too. It's a reality show that feels more real."
    Last edited by MissThing; 06-06-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2432125;
    Unlike programs such as ABC's The Bachelor, the show is not built around an expected wedding proposal in the final episode.

"If you meet someone and fall in love, great. If you want to propose, great," Philippoussis says. "If you don't want to get together, that's great, too. It's a reality show that feels more real."
    So in other words, don't expect much. (Like we were anyway )

I think you guys are taking me too seriously. Leave a few smileys off and everything goes to heck. Heh.

He is well known on the tour as being a ladies man. Sure, he's young and single.. but descriptions in the past make him sound like he takes his looks a bit too seriously. And there have been several occasions where his nighttime activities have been blamed for poor performance on the court.

But yes, flip fan, I did skip over the comments. If no one is expecting him to take this seriously.. then more power to him.. have at it. It will definitely make for light summer entertainment.

And yes, the guy is smoking hot.... in all but that nasty top photo of him. I'd shoot his agent for approving that promo shot.

(A quick google will give you this as just an initial report of some of the chickees that he's allegedly hooked up with. I'm sure a deeper google will find more.)

Greek AND Italian !?! How could he NOT be a player (and not just tennis)!

I can safely say Mark doesnt take himself seriously, especially his looks. He is not a metrosexual athlete like david beckham... at times he is more of a fashion victim due to his love for casual wear and surf clothes. Actually in the preview i was shocked to see him wearing a tux.. that's a big step for Mark, he never likes to go all-out in formal wear. Well done wardrobe team!

As for the nighttime activities excuse ... the same can be said for pretty much every good looking male athlete.

Mark has definately has more then his fair share of tabloid exposure so there are a lot of stories about him on the net, some are true, but most not. He said this show was a way of people getting to know him. A lot ppl have labelled him a playboy, egotistical, arrogant... but then most who know him (coaches /friends/players) all say the same thing.. extremely shy, sensitive, and nice.

From the trailers he looks nice and genuwine, so i think he will do ok

+ Reply to Thread