+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mark Philippoussis

Re: Mark Philippoussis

Veruka, never totally trust a guy named "Cash"! I'm not holding out hopes that Mark finds the love of his life, but if he brings on a few friends, and provides some light hearted summer entertainment for me, I'm all for it!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2431286;
    This show may cause me to start holding a grudge against Pat Cash for turning me against Philippoussis. When he first got strong on the tennis scene, I was totally enamored by Flip. After reading all the things Cash had to say about him after their very short venture into a player/coach relationship, he lost all appeal for me. We'll see if he can get it back.
    oh dear...Pat Cash the biggest joke in tennis. No doubt Mark was a little wild when he was younger, but the reason Mark split abruptly with Cash is because he was on drugs. Mark has never spoken openly about his time with Pat despite the fact Pat has abused their professional relationship repeatedly and revealed details that most coaches would consider private and nobody's business.

Veruka i'm sure you'll see what a sweetie Mark really is.

I am sure he is a wonderful guy... but he seems to have a touch of Neanderthal brow! Maybe if someone took some hedge clippers to them....?
    Romantic Skeptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2431209;
    Yikes and Yowza! Hubba-hubba! and a big WHEW!

Thanks flip fan for sharing and sharing and sharing!

What does the shoulder tattoo symbolize? To me it looks like a cross between Betty Crocker (cook book icon) and the Goddess Athena.
    lol, its not betty. It's Alexander the Great.

Mark's father Nick is greek, hence the surname 'Philippoussis'.

A Greek father and an Italian mother. It seems to me I either read a book or saw a movie featuring Australia that had the same parentage set. Family first, large gestures on both sides. I hope his "choice" is up for it.

In Mark C.'s bio it states his father is Mexican and his morther is Italian. I know Kelly has talked on her show about cooking with Mark's mother. I grew up in a small town with an Italian majority poplulation and it was all about family, food and the Church. I really miss the spinach and brain ravioli.

I was close in thinking the tat was Athena - at least she was Greek...or Roman...either way she's covered in his family. Though Alexander being male and a conqueror makes more sense for him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2431341;
    oh dear...Pat Cash the biggest joke in tennis. No doubt Mark was a little wild when he was younger, but the reason Mark split abruptly with Cash is because he was on drugs. Mark has never spoken openly about his time with Pat despite the fact Pat has abused their professional relationship repeatedly and revealed details that most coaches would consider private and nobody's business.

Veruka i'm sure you'll see what a sweetie Mark really is.
    There's definitely two sides to that story. And if we're looking at performance in majors as criteria for the jokes in tennis, I think the joke is on Flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2431540;
    There's definitely two sides to that story. And if we're looking at performance in majors as criteria for the jokes in tennis, I think the joke is on Flip.
    lol, i dont want to get into a debate about Pat Cash...he's not worth the discussion, certainly not on this forum.

Mark no doubt is an underachiever, but his career is far from a joke. The majority of tennis players dont come close achieving what Mark has, nor do they have to go through 3 knee surgeries by the age of 24.

but enough tennis talk....lets keep this thread about Mark's 'performance' in Age of Love.

Quote Originally Posted by flip_fan;2431465;
    lol, its not betty. It's Alexander the Great.

Mark's father Nick is greek, hence the surname 'Philippoussis'.

I want to keep admiring this photo! Thank you flip fan!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

i am still puzzled as to why he would do this show. i wonder how much he is getting paid. unless he is completely broke.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2431629;
    i am still puzzled as to why he would do this show. i wonder how much he is getting paid. unless he is completely broke.

I think it makes sense, just from the standpoint of raising his profile from a marketing standpoint. While he's been successful in tennis, he's certainly not as high profile as players like Federer (of course), Roddick, Hewitt, or Blake. If a show like this is done right, it can raise an athlete's profile to an audience beyond the fans of his sport. That, and he's got a reputation as a man who loves women ... so why not accept a paycheck for having a whole bunch of them throw themselves at him, take them all up on it, and NOT be called a pig for it?

+ Reply to Thread