+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: ***Spoilers and Speculation, including screencaps***

Re: Age of Love: ***Spoilers and Speculation, including screencaps***

And if you look at the finale ceremony - holding hands at her waist with Amanda and up in front with Jen - is that telling ? But what bothers me is that all along, Amanda has seemed to really be caring for Mark - she looks at him as if she really cared for him. I don't see that in the way that Jen looks at him - the feeling is missing for me. Hard to tell where Mark's feelings are - he has never said anything like "I'm speaking from my heart" or "I've missed you" to Jen but of course those could be just lines to Amanda. I am not bothered by Amanda's telling Mark where her feelings are - and that so and so telling all about making out or the massage business would truly bother me too. Why isn't Jen bothered by his spending the night with Amanda ? Amanda is not being presented in a positive light with all the doubting/tattle taling but Jen (disregarding her youthful body etc) is so calm(boring) and seems mainly interested in a physical interraction with him. What will she be like with his younger friends and visa versa ? If I saw more with Jen I might be able to adjust to his picking her - but Amanda seems to have more zip, more fun - maybe not as sexually experienced but just hard to tell what he is really looking for. I think obviously he hasn't fallen in love and it would be to his advantage to pick Jen for her networki experience but is it really believable or acceptable to the viewers ? The polls say that he will pick Amanda (or a kitten). Are we being fooled - if you think you know who he is picking - guess again !! Is anyone else having a hard time adjusting to the possibility of his picking Jen???

I think the majority of us, or at least a large portion of us cannot see him picking anyone but Jen. Amanda seems to have far too many faults, at least in comparison to Jen, that have been shown to us. Her tattling, her whining, her over possessive jealousess, etc. Perhaps, I just don't like Amanda and much prefer Jen, but for me, if Mark picks Amanda I will not be impressed or happy.

Cerese, I do not think that comparing the ways in which Jen and Amanda "look" and "act" offers any really meaningful insight as to their feelings and desires toward him.

On the one hand, you have Jen, a 48-yrs old mother, while on the other, you have Amanda, a 25 yrs-old woman.

Jen has a son AND a career, and as she has more experience in life than Amanda (obviously), and it seems, more responsibilities, she probably care a great deal more about what she'll look like after the editing of her footage. Is she ready to look absolutely foolish on screen? I think not, because this would probably affect her family AND her job. She gives me the impression that she's up for the competition, and truly cares for Mark (she told him during their carriage ride) but is not willing to look like an utterly foolish and desperate woman.

I personally hope Mark will choose Jen, only to prove the 20-something wrong. I just hated their attitude when they arrived at the beginning of the show, and I think it is not representative of what 20-something girls are.

I agree with the representation of the 20's - it was disappointing. Amanda is being portrayed a certain way - desperate, jealous, snickering at the age of the 40's etc. I didn't like her comment about pathetic in the very beginning. And Jen to me - seems very calm, experienced, out for some excitement (nothing wrong with that), and I see no spark. I also didn't like the way she came back after a date and bragged - wouldn't she have enough experience/confidence to not rub it in ? Realistically I am hung up on a match with Mark. What have we seen between Jen and Mark as to why she has fallen for him ? Would any 30 year old man do ? Amanda has tried to spell out some things for her reasons. He excites (makes her giddy) her - he looks right into her eyes when he is talking with her, he's genuine... However, I don't feel he has fallen for either one - so it really doesn't matter, I guess.

FORT Regular

It still amazes me how we believe what we see .. How many thought Mark was flying on the same plane as the women? no, the ladies flew to New Zeland then to Oz. Mark went on a direct flight... that is how he knew there was a flight 2 hours later and told Megan when she broke down. That was his flight. So many believe that Tessa said getting off the helicopter "I'm hot, definetly hot, deal with it" She did not, she was talking about what she wanted in a man and said hot definetely hot.. the rest was edited in and viola we have a snotty 20 year old.. Same with Amanda she did not say"Hopefully when I'm 40 I wont be still dating desperate for a man how pathtic" about the 40's the HOpefully when I'm 40 I won't be dating was said in an interview regarding herself and her dating before even knowing about the older women... Desperate for a man.. thats patetic came from last weeks episode in her response to Jayanna...Does Megan really not know what a partition is? We all thought that in the hottub the 20's had nothing to say go back to earlier posts and you will see that scene was done many times and mikes had to be moved around so they were told when they could talk and when not... It seems for some reason they show is out to prove old streotypes of women not really whether age matters..

I understand what you are saying Riskmikey - what we are seeing is not really the girls themselves - maybe each is a suggestion of a stereotype so the producers have run with it. I do not think ill of any of the girls - just having a hard time seeing a match between mark and Jen. My life's experiences have not exposed me to either the age difference - or the personality differences as potential possibilities. If Mark were shown to be a nervous wreck, type A etc - then I might be able to see how Jen could be a good partner - or if she were more lively - I jsut don't see a match...

I agree, riskmikey ~ I have spoken to insiders of the Bachelor show, and it pretty well sums up to the fact that there is no reality in reality TV. Editing, splicing, dicing, and voice overs change the people on the show into scripted "characters." Thank you for setting the records straight on what was and was not real with this show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

I don't see Jen as boring at all and her appearing calm could be because she is more classy and confident than the others. She is definitely not desperate for any man. During the triathlon competition, she probably faked a cramp (she looks too physically fit) so she wouldn't have to paddle to the yacht like a fool, and that's one of the reasons I like her. I would have laughed at Maria's "what turns me on" show myself. Bottom line is, to those of us who are open minded and have no age bias at all, we can readily see the "connection" between Mark and Jen. And if Mark is indeed a "player" then he has found his match in her.

I think Jen wins simply because if it was Amanda this show would have been an even bigger snooze fest and canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2504921;
    I understand what you are saying Riskmikey - what we are seeing is not really the girls themselves - maybe each is a suggestion of a stereotype so the producers have run with it. I do not think ill of any of the girls - just having a hard time seeing a match between mark and Jen. My life's experiences have not exposed me to either the age difference - or the personality differences as potential possibilities. If Mark were shown to be a nervous wreck, type A etc - then I might be able to see how Jen could be a good partner - or if she were more lively - I jsut don't see a match...
    I agree with you in saying I can't see the two of them together, but what are you gonna do? Ya know.

Oh Well, I really doubt that they'll stay together because if he wants kids sometime in his life, she's probably not having any more. Sorry, but JMO.

+ Reply to Thread